FCC considering banning Redskins name (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:14:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FCC considering banning Redskins name (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FCC considering banning Redskins name  (Read 2365 times)
Ntwadumela
Rookie
« on: October 01, 2014, 12:14:48 AM »

"The Federal Communications Commission is weighing whether to ban TV stations from saying the name of Washington's football team."

Our tax dollars at work.
Ntwadumela
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:29:37 AM »

It's putting up with dumb stuff like this, day in and day out, that will drive this country towards civil war.  What next, does the left hate US traditions to the point that they will consider the Patriots' moniker offensive?
Ntwadumela
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 12:41:06 AM »

It's putting up with dumb stuff like this, day in and day out, that will drive this country towards civil war.  What next, does the left hate US traditions to the point that they will consider the Patriots' moniker offensive?

Yes, that's next on the Liberal Agenda.

No, I'm sure the next Liberal Agenda will be something only a liberal could come up with, like banning toilet paper.
Ntwadumela
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 01:06:55 AM »

But, if you regulate the f-word and the n-word, the racial slur "redskin" could easily fall into that category.

What I find really irritating is that this is all pandering.  Dems don't really care if a scant few find the name Redskins offensive.  It’s the worst kind of pandering, the kind that makes you want to take a bat to someone’s knees.

I’m a lifelong Cowboys fan, and I used to literally hate the Redskins in the 70’s and 80’s, but this PC BS makes me want to go out and buy a bunch of Redskins gear.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies