Gov. Haley: "It's time to move the [CSA] flag from the Capitol grounds" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:50:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gov. Haley: "It's time to move the [CSA] flag from the Capitol grounds" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gov. Haley: "It's time to move the [CSA] flag from the Capitol grounds"  (Read 2668 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 23, 2015, 11:12:50 AM »

Meaningless if even well intentioned act.

Yeah removing the flag will end racism and stop nutjobs like that kid.   Roll Eyes  

Congratulations on winning the Mechaman National Sarcasm Award of the Week Gramps.  Don't get me wrong, I hate the Confederate flag.  Even without all of the bad history behind it it still looks fugly and should only be used to wipe your ass with.  However, it is quite telling that the first reaction here is to think that getting rid of a flag that represents the army of a nation that has been dead for 150 years is going to solve ANYTHING in regards to race relations.  All Haley doing is giving the proper useless politically correct reaction instead of moving forward anything meaningfull that can address race relations in America.  This is part of the reason why I bash well intentioned PC clowns: it has nothing to do with whether or not I believe certain words are perfectly okay and acceptable to say in general company, it has everything to do with how damn useless and unproductive I find such crusades in tackling the real issues.  The problem of white racism against non-whites goes back much further than the existence of the stars and bars and using "correct terms".  It is systematic and endemic to the nature of American society itself.  The existence of a Confederate flag, a dead flag, on the front lawn of the South Carolina capitol building did not turn Dylan Roof into a violent white racist thug.  The existence of white privilege and supremacy, concepts going back to the earliest years that this continent was settled and the ancestors of non-whites were largely wiped out by Old World diseases and then enslaved, are so well built into our society that it would take more than a half ass somersault to jig them out of our systems.  Of course, many upper class white people, the people who write the history books and set the media tone, don't want to even confront the class war implications at the root of the problem because it ruins their narrative to pretend that it is just an issue that predominates in states with Ten Commandment tablets and flags of dead nations on their Supreme Court lawns, instead of a nationwide problem that is a condemnation of the state capitalist banker controlled system that they worship with masturbatory fury.

Yes, sage, but necessary rant is necessary.

Cop out. Why not fight institutional racism AND take down the flag and not call people the N word?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies