What dem politician in the 2020 race has the 'Carter' appeal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:59:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What dem politician in the 2020 race has the 'Carter' appeal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What dem politician in the 2020 race has the 'Carter' appeal?  (Read 1622 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 25, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »

But people ARE trying to make this happen.  She's a Senator, she's bi-racial, and she's really hot looking.  (My wife saw me scroll down and he say Libaralrocks' Kamela Harris photo and asked what I was looking at, lol.)  She does NOT, however, project with enough substance to convince Americans that she's anything but better than Trump, and that's not going to do it in 2020.

Carter was the last of his kind; a Southerner selected to unite the disparate wings of the Democratic Party to win a Presidential election.  It was a different Democratic Party then; most Southern elected officials at all levels were conservative Democrats whose ties to the national party were tenuous at best.  Carter was able to cut into George Wallace's support to win THOSE voters over.  (That, by the way, was NOT the formula Bill Clinton used to win in 1992.)  Carter failed to get re-elected because the liberals of the Democratic Party didn't get the message that Half a Democrat was better than no Democrat at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies