Cruz will be the nominee. Prove me wrong. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:24:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Cruz will be the nominee. Prove me wrong. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cruz will be the nominee. Prove me wrong.  (Read 2622 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« on: April 01, 2016, 01:07:22 AM »
« edited: April 01, 2016, 01:09:44 AM by Doctor Imperialism »

Whats the point?  Cruz will get crushed in tge general anyway under any of those senerios.    Trump will essentially campaign against the gop thus helping Hillary prob run some sort of 3rd party campaign .     Cruz will be served up as a sacrificial lamb. Funny thing is hes so stupid not to see it coming.

BTW Trump supporters are more likely to vote for Hillary than Cruzs small far right base.  The Gop is walking into a trap if Ted Cruz wins by some sort of convention trick.

They're f'ed if they nominate Trump, too.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 04:09:37 AM »

Trump has the option to win Michigan and Pennsylvania.
False. In a Trump vs. Hillary election, best care scenario for Trump is that swing states are Missouri, Arizona, Indiana and Georgia. Everything that Obama won in 2012 is gone, plus North Carolina.

Based on what? I mean, I know you don't like Trump, but it's not like he's gonna lose Kansas or Missouri. Let's be real.

trump is going to depress turnout in heavily-religious ancestrally-Republican southwest Missouri a great deal. It may not be enough for him to lose the state, but it would be very hotly contested between him and Hillary. (He'll have lost anyway and Hillary will just be trying to run up the score at that point, of course).

Of course. In your Trump-hating dream land.

I'm aware that national polls are next to useless at this point, but RCP has Trump down 11 points against Clinton. That's obscene, and it reflects that fact that he's alienated massive amounts of voters. Especially Hispanics, which could very well become another African American-style solid Democratic bloc if Trump gets the nomination and continues sprouting off his insanity in their direction.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies