IQ Scores (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:05:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  IQ Scores (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IQ Scores  (Read 1350 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 28, 2017, 02:26:05 AM »

Mine is higher than 0 and lower than 200, I think. Tongue
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:49:55 AM »

sure, but, if a person scores a 150, they are likely going to be pretty smart.  They still might not be able to play well with others or not be able to pay attention to unimportant things like whether they left the stove on or not. 

In the book Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell talks about IQ and how the people at the far top end of the scale don't dominate achievement like you expect they would if IQ counted for as much as people think it does. There are many other factors that are important in determining achievement (or ability to function in society for that matter), including things such as upbringing and creativity.

I have read that IQ matters insofar as for certain professions it is very hard to enter them without having at least a certain analytical level of intelligence, which IQ approximates.  Everybody knows that not everyone can become a pure maghematician or theoretical physicist, for instance.  However, once in a career, future success deends far more on other factors such as conscientiousness and extroversion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies