Arkansas GOPer: We'll take the country back from Obama and the minorities!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:04:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Arkansas GOPer: We'll take the country back from Obama and the minorities!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Arkansas GOPer: We'll take the country back from Obama and the minorities!  (Read 13650 times)
BigSkyBob

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 12:55:52 AM »

Arkansas = Political fail state. Horrible old Dixie Democratic party, horrible theocratic Post-Gingrich GOP. What a c-bomb this man his. Throw him out the Slavery Abolitionist movement descendant. If he's not primaried the state committee should do all they can to remove him from the ballot.

Why?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 12:59:41 AM »

Republicans have a race issues, as well as several other issues. Some Republicans make outright racist comments, some are passive aggressive about making them and the rest just don't criticize the fringe, so they won't upset that faction of the party.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 01:03:11 AM »

It does us no favors to pretend that hard-line conservatives aren't often racist.

Some "hard-line conservatives" might very well be "racist." Then again, some "hard-line liberals" might very well be "racist." But, such speculation has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Certain posters chose to view his remarks through the filter of race. That choice reflects on them, and, them alone.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 01:05:42 AM »

It does us no favors to pretend that hard-line conservatives aren't often racist.
True, but it also does us no favors to pretend that racists are often hard-line conservatives.

But, that simply isn't true.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 01:10:49 AM »

Republicans have a race issues, as well as several other issues. Some Republicans make outright racist comments, some are passive aggressive about making them and the rest just don't criticize the fringe, so they won't upset that faction of the party.

And, Democrats have race issues, as well as several other issues. Some Democrats make outright racist comments, some are passive aggressive about making them, and, the rest just don't criticize the fringe, so they won't upset that faction of the party. I would cite the treatment of Louis Farrakhan as an example.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 01:20:52 AM »

I don't know why people are so shocked by this. I hear this rhetoric all the time in the south. I think it's fair to say that the entire Republican party has been successfully transformed into an outlet for white resentment and anger.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 01:52:38 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2013, 01:55:44 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Who cares? What's important is that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican and there was lots of racist Democrats 50 years ago.

The idea that 19th century Republicans were somehow not racist is hilarious. The Supreme court was mostly Republicans when they made the 7-1 Plessy v. Ferguson ruling. Even the dissent wasn't free of racism.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »

I don't think blagohair realized you were calling the Arkansas GOPer the jerk.

"Most Republicans don't think like this jerk." - Arkansas GOPer
"Most Republicans don't think like this, jerk." - blagohair

The power of the comma.
Oh, I wasn't calling blagohair a jerk, I was referring to the aforementioned moron from Arkansas.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 10:33:34 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2013, 10:36:38 AM by Matt from VT »

I don't know why people are so shocked by this. I hear this rhetoric all the time in the south. I think it's fair to say that the entire Republican party has been successfully transformed into an outlet for white resentment and anger.
Just because the democrats are now known as the "party of tolerance", it doesn't make everyone who disagrees with them a bigot, most republicans aren't like this guy, just because someone doesn't like Obama or his policies doesn't mean it's because of his skin color. You libs like to act like racism is as bad as it used to be. This is 2013, the reason you hear about these types of comments is because they are now so offensive, you think this would have been considered an inflammatory comment in 1963?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »

Again we witness the specter of intellectually dishonest misquoting.

He said,

"And we're not going to allow minorities to run roughshod over what you people believe in."

You inserted a "the" before "minorities" and deliberately juxaposed it next to "Obama" to twist his remarks into a racial comment.

Are you f-ing kidding?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »

Love how the crowd cheers the loudest after the 'minorities' part.

Talk about showing your true colors.

Why shouldn't the crowd be free to cheer to their hearts content? If in your own mind you believe that you represent the viewpoint of the majority, why would you allow any minority viewpoint to dominate you?

Wow. I guess you really weren't kidding.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »

And, Democrats have race issues, as well as several other issues. Some Democrats make outright racist comments, some are passive aggressive about making them, and, the rest just don't criticize the fringe, so they won't upset that faction of the party. I would cite the treatment of Louis Farrakhan as an example.

Copying a post and changing a few words doesn't constitute a good rebuttal, try coming up with your own words and then posting. And, Louis Farrakhan isn't even a member of a political party, so you have no argument.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »

Love how the crowd cheers the loudest after the 'minorities' part.

Talk about showing your true colors.

Why shouldn't the crowd be free to cheer to their hearts content? If in your own mind you believe that you represent the viewpoint of the majority, why would you allow any minority viewpoint to dominate you?

>Implying I said they're not free to cheer for their abhorrent, ridiculous, backwards views

Run home, little troll.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013, 03:11:35 PM »

Why don't we ban BS Bob so he can post full time on Stormfront? I think we will be doing him a favor.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2013, 03:18:18 PM »
« Edited: February 02, 2013, 03:38:00 PM by Governor Scott »

Oh, and for the record, the SPLC has Louis Farrakhan on its s**t list.  (Perhaps it's debatable whether or not the SPLC is a 'liberal' organization... I think it's pretty obvious that it is, though), but in no way are the Democrats buddy-buddy with him.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2013, 10:40:32 PM »

Again we witness the specter of intellectually dishonest misquoting.

He said,

"And we're not going to allow minorities to run roughshod over what you people believe in."

You inserted a "the" before "minorities" and deliberately juxtaposed it next to "Obama" to twist his remarks into a racial comment.

Are you f-ing kidding?

No. His accusation has no substance no matter how much it is couched in the rhetoric of The Emperor and His New Clothes.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2013, 10:42:13 PM »

Why don't we ban BS Bob so he can post full time on Stormfront? I think we will be doing him a favor.

Resorting to accuse the accuser tactics won't alter the basic fact that a perfectly legitimate statement was twisted into a racial statement for purely partisan purposes.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2013, 10:45:10 PM »

I really don't know why he still bothers to post here; he's surely not trying to make any friends.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2013, 10:50:08 PM »

Oh, and for the record, the SPLC has Louis Farrakhan on its s**t list.  (Perhaps it's debatable whether or not the SPLC is a 'liberal' organization... I think it's pretty obvious that it is, though), but in no way are the Democrats buddy-buddy with him.

You are changing standards. The standard that was asserted is that some folks in the Republican party "just don't criticize the fringe, so they won't upset that faction of the party."  Well, the exact same thing is true of Democrats concerning Louis Farrakhan and a number of other people. Maybe the SPLC has stated the obvious about Louis Farrakhan,  but, that simply doesn't excuse the large number of elected Democrats who have not.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 11:24:19 PM »

You are changing standards. The standard that was asserted is that some folks in the Republican party "just don't criticize the fringe, so they won't upset that faction of the party."  Well, the exact same thing is true of Democrats concerning Louis Farrakhan and a number of other people. Maybe the SPLC has stated the obvious about Louis Farrakhan,  but, that simply doesn't excuse the large number of elected Democrats who have not.

Probably because Farrakhan hasn't been politically relevant or in the news in 20 years.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 11:27:32 PM »

I really don't know why he still bothers to post here; he's surely not trying to make any friends.

Well, Miles, I post here because I care about the fate of my country. Was it Harry Truman who said about Washington, "If you want a friend in this town get a dog!"

In general, I am appalled by the folks I see in politics. The only moral standards they seem to have is winning elections and raising more money than their opponents. It is so bad that often they consider their attempts to deceive the folks back home as "pandering," and consider themselves the victims of their perceived need to "pander."

Here's a little story feature you, Miles. Back in the North Carolina redistricting thread you posted some map you declared to be some sort of natural redistricting scheme. I pointed out that you had separated Winston-Salem from it suburbs, and Greensboro from its suburbs to create an urban district that a Democrat would win. I pointed out your partisanship. You indigently replied that had started out from the West and swept East letting the chips fall were they may. Apparently having forgotten what you had posted, later in the same thread you told another poster about the exact same map that you had intentionally combined Winston-Salem with Greensboro!
BigSkyBob

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 11:37:03 PM »

Probably because Farrakhan hasn't been politically relevant or in the news in 20 years.

A quick google search lists Farrakhan as commenting on how Django Unchained is preparing White and Black folks for an upcoming race war;

Quote from: Restricted

You ought to be denouncing him, not minimizing him.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 11:38:07 PM »

Mega-HP, POS, etc.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 11:48:42 PM »

Well, Miles, I post here because I care about the fate of my country. Was it Harry Truman who said about Washington, "If you want a friend in this town get a dog!"

In general, I am appalled by the folks I see in politics. The only moral standards they seem to have is winning elections and raising more money than their opponents. It is so bad that often they consider their attempts to deceive the folks back home as "pandering," and consider themselves the victims of their perceived need to "pander."

Here's a little story feature you, Miles. Back in the North Carolina redistricting thread you posted some map you declared to be some sort of natural redistricting scheme. I pointed out that you had separated Winston-Salem from it suburbs, and Greensboro from its suburbs to create an urban district that a Democrat would win. I pointed out your partisanship. You indigently replied that had started out from the West and swept East letting the chips fall were they may. Apparently having forgotten what you had posted, later in the same thread you told another poster about the exact same map that you had intentionally combined Winston-Salem with Greensboro!

Well, I'd venture to say that most of the posters here care about their country; sure, I care about my country and my state. However, that doesn't give me the license to act like I have some sort of moral high ground over everyone else. I also don't see my patriotism as a barrier to building positive and constructive relationships with my fellow posters. You, on the other hand, seem to think of your fellow posters as punching bags that should be vilified if the have a red avatar. By the way, where's your avatar?

For all the complaining that you've done about redistricting, how come I've never seen you post a map you've drawn in DRA? 'Kinda funny.

As I've done more precinct-level mapping of and travelling around NC, I've become more aware of its geopolitical and partisan situation. Thus, I think my mapping/DRA skills have strengthened accordingly over the years. If you still want to cling to that point you made about the Triad, we can go back to the redistricting threads and stop hijacking this one.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2013, 12:27:53 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2013, 12:29:40 AM by Nathan »

Bob, do you think Senator Rapert is stupid enough not to know the double meaning of the word 'minority', naive enough not to take it into account when composing this speech, inconsiderate enough not to care, or some combination of the three?

You are changing standards. The standard that was asserted is that some folks in the Republican party "just don't criticize the fringe, so they won't upset that faction of the party."  Well, the exact same thing is true of Democrats concerning Louis Farrakhan and a number of other people. Maybe the SPLC has stated the obvious about Louis Farrakhan,  but, that simply doesn't excuse the large number of elected Democrats who have not.

A quick google search lists Farrakhan as commenting on how Django Unchained is preparing White and Black folks for an upcoming race war;

Quote from: Restricted

You ought to be denouncing him, not minimizing him.

To minimize is often more effective than to denounce. I didn't hear about this until just now, or even think to care about Farrakhan's opinion of the film. Did you, before doing this Google search? Did anyone else in this thread?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies