Have the Democrats lost the White vote forever? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:11:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Have the Democrats lost the White vote forever? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have the Democrats lost the White vote forever?  (Read 6327 times)
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« on: January 25, 2017, 11:00:21 PM »

Win the White vote?

Democrats couldn't even win the White youth vote in 2016, they have no shot to win the collective White vote in 2020.

To improve with whites they should target noncollege educated whites because they're more "swing able" to their side when the economy is down.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 02:21:46 AM »

I don't know about winning the white vote, but dropping the rabid identity politics and focusing on issues that help people would certainly improve their performance.

Yeah, Democrats' overemphasis on SJWism is a turnoff, but so are the white identity politics that Trump engages in. I think identity politics is here to stay, and they kinda cancel each other out.

The Alt Right/White Nationalists and the SJW's feed on each other. As one grows so does the other in response.

Not a pretty future with these two forces.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 02:56:15 AM »

"Lost" as in they will not win an outright plurality (at least)? For the foreseeable future, yes. However, let's not pretend this is a huge deal. Yes, Democrats need white support for downballot races, and we do need to do at least slightly better than 38%-39%, but we don't need a majority. With an ever-diversifying country, we can afford to come up short in many places. It should also be noted that these losing margins are not uniform. The South really helps weigh it down. Finally, I think it's important to keep an eye on the support by age group. White voters ages 18-29 are much less Republican than, say, boomers. This will probably help Democrats stabilize their margins in the low 40s going forward, or at least prevent further erosion from where we're at now. Long-term, those are winning numbers for us.

Not so sure that White youth alone will push the total share of White voters the democrats receive to 40+. Hillary Clinton only received 43% of White youth (18-29 year olds according to CNN exit polling) and that occurred during a presidential year. As young Whites get older they will trend Republican.

A certain percentage of people typically become more conservative as they get older and this will definitely be the case for the White youth.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 11:33:33 AM »

Not so sure that White youth alone will push the total share of White voters the democrats receive to 40+. Hillary Clinton only received 43% of White youth (18-29 year olds according to CNN exit polling) and that occurred during a presidential year. As young Whites get older they will trend Republican.

A certain percentage of people typically become more conservative as they get older and this will definitely be the case for the White youth.

Actually I'd say there is more than enough proof to show that people do not definitively trend conservative as they grow older (not to mention 'conservative' might not mean exactly the same things 30-40 years into the future). It's not a rule of life. And even if they did, that doesn't mean they automatically become Republicans. The composition of the electorate state-by-state, historically, does not support this idea. What studies and data do seem to support is partisan identities embedded at a young age and becoming resistant to change over time, save for big realigning events.

Honestly, I'm somewhat convinced this idea persists because older people right now are so Republican/conservative, and many assume it's always been that way. In reality they are simply products of their generations, which were positively influenced by years of cultural/economic events and well-received GOP administrations and the failures of the Democratic Party.

As for what I said about white youth - right now it isn't enough, but as they grow older it'll balance things out, assuming the youth that follows them isn't dramatically less Democratic, which I don't personally believe will be the case but, we'll see.

They will almost certainly be much more culturally conservative as a result of college campuses and people like Milo and Shapiro.

Look at the CNN exit polls in Missouri, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota. The 18-24 year olds were considerably more conservative than the 25-29 year olds were in each of these states. In some cases the disparity was so great that it was likely 18-20 year olds within that bracket that was skewing the entire bracket conservative.

Democrats are really screwing themselves with White youth because of the SJW nonsense. Obama wasn't afraid to speak out against the college campus environments that try to strangle free speech. In fact he spoke out multiple times.

If the Democrats don't have any leader to stand up to this element within their Party or worse, if they perpetuate it, then the upcoming White youth will be consoderably more conservative as a backlash.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »

Actually I'd say there is more than enough proof to show that people do not definitively trend conservative as they grow older (not to mention 'conservative' might not mean exactly the same things 30-40 years into the future). It's not a rule of life. And even if they did, that doesn't mean they automatically become Republicans. The composition of the electorate state-by-state, historically, does not support this idea. What studies and data do seem to support is partisan identities embedded at a young age and becoming resistant to change over time, save for big realigning events.

Honestly, I'm somewhat convinced this idea persists because older people right now are so Republican/conservative, and many assume it's always been that way. In reality they are simply products of their generations, which were positively influenced by years of cultural/economic events and well-received GOP administrations and the failures of the Democratic Party.

As for what I said about white youth - right now it isn't enough, but as they grow older it'll balance things out, assuming the youth that follows them isn't dramatically less Democratic, which I don't personally believe will be the case but, we'll see.

They will almost certainly be much more culturally conservative as a result of college campuses and people like Milo and Shapiro.

Look at the CNN exit polls in Missouri, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota. The 18-24 year olds were considerably more conservative than the 25-29 year olds were in each of these states. In some cases the disparity was so great that it was likely 18-20 year olds within that bracket that was skewing the entire bracket conservative.

Democrats are really screwing themselves with White youth because of the SJW nonsense. Obama wasn't afraid to speak out against the college campus environments that try to strangle free speech. In fact he spoke out multiple times.

If the Democrats don't have any leader to stand up to this element within their Party or worse, if they perpetuate it, then the upcoming White youth will be consoderably more conservative as a backlash.

Bernie would have mopped the floor with Trump in the Mid-west among young voters. For obvious reasons, Hillary was a poor candidate, a lot of people stayed home, many voted for 3rd parties, some only voted downticket & some voted Trump to screw the establishment.

There's a very small section of people who give a shi* about lunatics like Milo. Millennials are massively left in social issues. Republicans will be destroyed in this group on the issue of gay marriage alone which young people overwhelmingly support.

This was Hillary's best group where she won comfortably despite her major flaws. This was the group Obama absolutely killed McCain & Romney with. If & when the Dems nominate a candidate who can appeal to millennials, it will be a landslide victory with this group.

Also most polls including from Harvard show this group feels much stronger affinity to Dems than the GOP. The Republican party has lost the young voters for a whole generation & this will absolutely cost them badly in Presidential races!

If Bernie had gone full social justice warrior in the general election and kept making gaffes like "If you're White then you don't know what it's like to be poor" then he wouldn't have mopped the floor with young Whites voters; particularly those in the rust belt.

Obama has routinely publically critiqued the college campus environment and he ran campaigns in a pre-SJW college world. At least in 2012 this hadn't it the mainstream yet. It started becoming common knowledge of the general public by 2014 at the earliest. He was smart to go after them when they tried to silence voices of opposition such as guest speakers on college campuses. Will this new SJW wing of the Party be silenced by mainstream demcorats? Given how candidates like Hillary and Bernie ran this year I highly highly doubt that.

We're talking about White millennials, I have no doubt that republicans will continue to do poorly among black and many Hispanic millennials. However this idea that the democrats will be able to rely solely on White youth to keep their margins with White voters strong is unlikely.

Trump is changing the direction of the Republican Party in a way that might actually help republicans with White millennials going forward. We'll see what he actually does as President. This SJW wing is alienating former moderate white democrats like myself and I know plenty of anecdotal examples from my friends in Southern California of all places.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 01:42:32 PM »

We'll have to see how young Whites vote in 2018 and 2020 to get a clear trend, one election isn't enough to establish a clear trend one way or another.

But you're greatly underestimating the backlash that social justice is causing among white millennials and especially among upcoming white generation z voters. You can go onto YouTube and find videos with hundreds of thousands if not millions of views that just scorn SJW's. In fact there are entire YouTube channels just dedicated solely to that. Millions of young watchers seeing these opinions being circulated around the internet. You can't tell me this isn't having a significant effect on young white kids.

And their audience is definitely born 1980 and after. In fact most of the watchers are born 1996 and later. The SJW wing of the Democratic Party will only grow stronger as a backlash to Trumps presidency. Just like how White nationalist sentiment grew during Obama's tenure and came full force in the 2016 election. SJW's like the "Justice Democrats" will do their best to make sure that every insane idea like trigger warnings, safe spaces, microsgressions, a slavery tax on whites for reparations to blacks, etc. will be apart of the Democratic platform by 2024.

You guys are really, really delusional if you think that 40% or more of young Whites will feel comfortable voting for your Party when the Party starts to go down this path fully. Democrats will never tone down on these issues and all indicators point to them allowing these voices in their Party to take control. There's a reason why the alt right has so successfully targeted young Whites to their movement over everybody else.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 03:22:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nah. Once Trump is done sending in the Feds to clear up the inner cities in these states then they'll be voting republcian statewide for decades to come.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 03:28:44 PM »

Doubtful. Mainstream Christianity is too pro Israel and Jew friendly for the alt right's taste.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 03:32:18 PM »

Nah. Once Trump is done sending in the Feds to clear up the inner cities in these states then they'll be voting republcian statewide for decades to come.

Um where are the people in the city going?

The gangbangers will either be dead or meet their maker.

The good upstanding citizens will be thankful for the Trump adminstration and you'll see these cities start voting more Republican as an act of gratitude.

Once republicans take the rural and city communities the only place Social Justic Democrats will have left to go is Vermont and the Msnbc commissary.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 03:38:36 PM »

More than likely. If current trends don't change, politics might become openly race-based within the next 50 years.

Genocide and/or Balkanization will happen when that takes place.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 05:30:09 PM »

Can we dispel the myth that SJWs are solely a Democratic problem? There's also right-wing SJWs. You know, the kind who insist it's "enahnced interrogation" not torture. The ones who are homophobic who call themselves "pro-family". You get the point.

Right...enhanced interrogation and pro-family....these concepts died after Bush left office.

Not it's all about the alt right and white nationalism. The GOP is just openly pro torture now. They're straight shooters!
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 07:34:19 PM »

Can we dispel the myth that SJWs are solely a Democratic problem? There's also right-wing SJWs. You know, the kind who insist it's "enahnced interrogation" not torture. The ones who are homophobic who call themselves "pro-family". You get the point.

Right...enhanced interrogation and pro-family....these concepts died after Bush left office.

Not it's all about the alt right and white nationalism. The GOP is just openly pro torture now. They're straight shooters!

The alt-right and white nationalism are disgusting and have no place in the Republican Party!  Fortunately, they will never gain any traction.

Ummm...what?   They already have,  I mean, they really REALLY have gained traction.

Depends on how you define the alternative right.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 08:28:42 PM »

When is the last time the Democrats won the white vote in the first place?  1964?

Who cares? They don't exactly need to win it outright. Only do well enough.

they need it to have good showings in congress and the states. Scraping past 270 every four years is not a good a strategy.

The problem for the Democrats is that they are progressively becoming more vested in identity politics to the point where white voters, particularly those white voters in "majority minority" locales, will vote like minorities for Republicans. 

The Democrats didn't have to go down this road, but they couldn't help it.  Indeed, the problem with the Democratic Party is that so many of its activists actively hate White Middle America.  They will say it's because they are "racist", but it's really their social conservatism and traditional world view that they loathe so deeply.  They have gotten so bad in that area that even union membership can't reverse the GOP trend. 

Really, the Democrats can't stop being stupid on this matter.  God forbid that they attempt to speak to all Americans as Americans, and not hyphenated this-and-that.

Okay dude. When the freight train of Arizona, Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, and Florida finally vote for Democrats within the next decade, don't say there weren't signs of it coming.

Keep alienating Whites and be prepared to start losing states like Vermont, NH, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Rhode Island, Maine, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Delaware, Illinois, and Virginia.

Democrats don't understand that you can't just condemn whitey and beg minorities to vote for you. This country will cast your overt race baiting to the wayside.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 08:47:41 PM »

There are a significant number of states where Democrats consistently lose the white vote, sometimes by large margins, but win statewide... e.g., Virginia.  More states will join this fold.

Good luck accomplishing that when you've managed to alienate whites into voting for Republicans by Mississippi White margins with your SJW slavery tax and reparations platform.
LONG LIVE KING DONALD I
GodEmperorTrump2020
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 08:56:54 PM »

There are a significant number of states where Democrats consistently lose the white vote, sometimes by large margins, but win statewide... e.g., Virginia.  More states will join this fold.

Good luck accomplishing that when you've managed to alienate whites into voting for Republicans by Mississippi White margins with your SJW slavery tax and reparations platform.

The notion that states like Virginia or Arizona will have whites voting at Mississippi margins is absurd.  The average white voter in Northern Virginia has almost nothing in common with the average Mississippi voter and their fiscal and other political interests are diametrically opposed.

If the democrats abandon the rust belt and go with the sunbelt strategy of appealing to emerging black and Hispanic communities then they will begin to adopt party platforms that will make Whites in these states take a second notice. SJWs will try and force feed a platform that will be hostile to white Americans.

Also this strategy is silly since it rests upon the notion that Hispanics will go the way of blacks which isn't happening. Trump couldn't even bring a #latinosurge for Hillary in Florida or even Arizona. Ain't happening now ain't happening later.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies