Voter ID remains among the most popular policies in America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:02:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Voter ID remains among the most popular policies in America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voter ID remains among the most popular policies in America  (Read 2657 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: April 18, 2012, 11:37:01 PM »

Popular never seems to matter when it's a liberal position. The most liberal 80% of Americans got screwed with the Citizens United ruling.

Plus, how many Americans support the Buffett Rule?  Like, two thirds?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 03:46:41 PM »

Honestly, I have no problem with voter ID.  It's minor issue.  The left would be wise to let the right have this one and in an ideal world they would.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if Hannity and Co cried "national identification totalitarian government nazi blah blah" and a lot of conservatives changed their tune if Democrats were to switch their support on this issue.  In fact, this is why I am against a lot of issues I would otherwise support at the moment.

I find it amusing that conservatives are happy to let their abject disdain for minorities and poor people overrule their disdain for 'big government' rules and regulations such as voter ID.

I am a moderate, but the behavior of the far right in the past few years has pretty much forced me to move to the left.  The game they are playing, which include forum narci-troll Krazen, seems very unsportsmanlike and destructive to mass society.  It needs to be defeated before we can move forward as a nation.

Yep.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies