Republicans could lose power until 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:09:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Republicans could lose power until 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans could lose power until 2020  (Read 6525 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« on: November 02, 2008, 02:22:37 AM »

Lets face it Foxnews, and the far right will be labled as racist if McCain wins and will be on the wrong side of history.  Atleast thats the way black folks will see it.  They never forgave the gop for Al Gores loss and still to this day think that Bush stole the election.  Look at the early voting lines this year.

stop.  please.

Micheal steel is hurting himself by having anything to do with the McCain/ anti-Obama campaign.

The democrats years later if Steel attempted to run would hang every sound bite of him bashing Obama around his neck and it would dog his campaign.  Right now if iam a republican I stay far away from McCain's campaign if I plan to run later.   

I know Steele is a republican and it would seem that he wouldn't need black support, however don't kid yourself.  If its Warner vs Steele  you will see the reverse of what happened with Hillary supporters voting for McCain this year or atleast was going to.   Remember The south was once Democratic, and in many ways still is when the right type of democrat comes along.   Look at what Clinton was able to do in 92' and 96'.

Your logic only propogates the idea that black people are voting for Obama simply because he's black. 

And what makes you think Steele will ever run for President?  He couldn't even win a race for governor. 
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:08:24 AM »
« Edited: November 02, 2008, 10:11:42 AM by paul718 »

Sorry, but thats the way history will judge it if McCain wins. Honestly McCain has lost to the better man on the issues, 3 debates, and in campaigning.  Remove Obama and insert Warner right now and McCain stands no chance of winning.  I think as a country we are better with racial issues, but our elections bring out the bad guys.

I agree with you, except that I think McCain won at least one of the debates, but that's neither here nor there.  And yes, Warner would've been a much stronger candidate. 

No, blacks didn't start with Obama remember Hillary was winning this vote 60% to Obamas 30% at one time.  They moved to obama once they saw Iowa and to make matters worse Bill ran his mouth after that SC primary  ( I should know).

Okay.  But you're the one talking about blacks not forgiving the GOP for Bush v. Gore, and that they'd never support Michael Steele because of his support for McCain.  It sounded to me like you were implying that blacks take it personal when someone campaigns against Obama.

McCain and the Far right Gop have offended every other group in this country even the Latinos have gotton fed up with the BS from the right wing.  I mean you got people at McCain rallies talking about Arabs like they are some type of evil race  and to make it worse its on Natl TV.

The Rev Wright stuff and how the far right went bonkers also has alot to do with black support of Obama.

If Bush could get 45% of the latino vote and 12% of blacks why can't McCain?

McCain has ran one of the nastiest campaigns since the days of George Wallace and it's sad because McCains a good man.  He just let the slime balls like Rick Davis etc.. talk him into it.

Who and what do you consider the "far-right GOP" and what groups have they offended?

As for the "Arab" comment at the rally, McCain immediately stopped her and spoke out against such language.  There are stupid and ignorant people on BOTH sides. 

Can you blame people for making a big deal about the Rev. Wright?  Besides, McCain swore NOT to go after the Rev. Wright and has kept his word.  How could the situation drive blacks to Obama?  I refuse to believe most black people subscribe to the garbage spewed by Wright.  When this election is over, I think a lot of people will fault McCain for NOT going after Rev. Wright.

I think Bush did better among Hispanics and blacks because he was able to pull the Christian vote.  Cubans tend to vote Republican (all though that is changing) and didn't Bush have a good reputation among Mexicans?  Plus, the entire electorate moved toward Obama, so those groups are moving along with it.  It also doesn't hurt that Obama is the first minority nominee from a major party.

I agree with you that this campaign season has been unexpectedly nasty, but it's been nasty on both sides. 
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 08:17:47 PM »

I consider the Rush Limbaughs, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck  and the rest of right wing radio = the far right bigoted loons who have drove other races away from the Republicans and attracted the angry white males ( Joe the plumber) .  There is no question they have had affect on driving the Latino vote away from the Gop.   I have lost all respect for John McCain and his George Wallace campaign rather he wins or lose.  To be honest he will win the election  because George Wallace type campaigns still work in this country and iam not surprised.

The Democrats have been engaging in race-based politics more than the Republicans.  You're line of comments in this thread is a good example of that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies