Annual Cigar Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:56:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Annual Cigar Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Annual Cigar Thread  (Read 628 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 09, 2009, 01:59:41 PM »

Once and a while I like to post about the cigars I am currently enjoying, and to see if any old or new members have found some new enthusiasm for a great pastime. I am enjoying a Oliva Nub Maduro, a tightly packed Nicaraguan cigar with a Brazilian wrapper.

I brought a guest with me today:

Wales's finest!

Anyone had a good cigar lately?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »

In the part of North Carolina where I-40 and I-85 run together there is a huge factory outlet superstore called J-R that claims to include the world's largest cigar store. There was an outstanding selection when I visited, and I've since become a regular user of their online store. I think I've bought cigars as birthday presents for like three friends in a row now. I've only been smoking cigars for like a year but all their sampler packs and cheap five cigar packs have been great ways for me to inexpensively try out different styles and brands.

I'm pretty sure this place is in the same town as Fezzy's college, so he probably knows about it. The store seemed to kind of be a local monument.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 04:50:12 PM »

I love Vasco da Gama and Monte Christo cigars
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure this place is in the same town as Fezzy's college, so he probably knows about it. The store seemed to kind of be a local monument.

Oooooh yes, I know the place.  And I know the billboards 50 miles away for it, haha.  It's amazing and also doubles as an intense cultural experience. Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 05:47:01 PM »

I don't smoke cigars, but I did have to order cheap and premium cigars for a tobacco shop for a year and a half.

Fuente's were the best sellers for a lower priced premium cigar.  The short stories were reportedly excellent.

Olivas were also an excellent quality for a bargain price.

Macanudos were popular for gifts since they were more expensive.. but again, they were of high quality.  

People were always asking me about cigars and pipes and stuff.. and admittedly I knew nothing about them to start... but I've since learned that Peterson pipes are revered, but most young people (which made up about 60% of pipe buyers.. hmm.. for tobacco, eh?) bought the smaller pipes like the mini carved meerschaums.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »

OH MY GOD! JR's is the MOST ANNOYING store in the world, not because I've set foot in there, but because it has billboards all along I-40 and I-77. I pass by it when I'm driving to Winston Salem in some town outside of Charlotte. There must be multiple ones if there's one in Burlington. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies