Colombian congressional and presidential elections - March 13/May 29/June 19, 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:44:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Colombian congressional and presidential elections - March 13/May 29/June 19, 2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colombian congressional and presidential elections - March 13/May 29/June 19, 2022  (Read 19637 times)
warandwar
United States

« on: June 19, 2022, 09:50:52 PM »

Who was the shambling old guy that Petro brought up on stage furing his speech? Was that Mockus?
warandwar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 10:16:06 PM »

Who was the shambling old guy that Petro brought up on stage furing his speech? Was that Mockus?

Yeah, that was Mockus. I'm sad to see how old and frail he looks, but I was very glad to see him there.
Yes. Powerful speeches by both, Petro has a very strange style compared to amerikan politicians. At one point confetti fell and he basically talked over it.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 12:30:51 PM »

I'm intrigued by the oil phase out part of Petro's platform. First off, it's very bold (and definitely leaves "progressive" first world oil states like Norway, Scotland, Canada etc look even more hypocritical) and is almost the opposite of most of the other Pink Tide nations (Correa, Morales, AMLO, Lula, Maduro etc all being pro extraction). Is there backlash developing in working class oil areas/unions? How likely is he to push through in the face of potential cost of living increases?
Can't speak for the members, but the Colombian oil worker union is in favor (and generally very strong on this issue)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies