Politico: Cotton and Trump plot crackdown on legal immigration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:13:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Politico: Cotton and Trump plot crackdown on legal immigration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politico: Cotton and Trump plot crackdown on legal immigration  (Read 2319 times)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« on: February 07, 2017, 05:41:01 PM »

This is a very positive surprise from Cotton and every step made in that bill is in the right direction; however, immigration should be cut by way more than just half. I'm honestly tired of the mass chain migration to the U.S. going on now (more so a Middle Eastern issue than a Hispanic one) and would like it curbed.
Eharding

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 05:43:04 PM »

This illustrates exactly why Trump can be described as anti-immigrant, and not just anti-illegal-immigrant.

-Pro-immigration-reduction. Trump is only anti-Muslim-immigrant due to his desire for a Muslim registry (which will be pretty easy to make).
Eharding

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 05:44:17 PM »

What?! Why would they do this?!?! Oh right so Hispanics don't become the majority in the near future. An you're lyibg to yourself if you don't think that is the reason behind this.

-I would have long moved to Mexico had I wanted Mexico to move to me.
Eharding

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 05:46:54 PM »

This is a very positive surprise from Cotton and every step made in that bill is in the right direction; however, immigration should be cut by way more than just half. I'm honestly tired of the mass chain migration to the U.S. going on now (more so a Middle Eastern issue than a Hispanic one) and would like it curbed.

It's really not as large a wave as you're making it out to be in that case.

-I regularly hear anecdotes from Middle Easterners about 50 or 200 or whatever of their cousins living here. And local Indians are known to bring their elderly parents to the U.S. It's a big wave.
Eharding

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 05:52:29 PM »

I know I've joked about this for a while, but this could actually directly impact me.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

-DO IT. We red staters (weird to think of Michigan as a non-Atlas-red state!) are begging you!
Eharding

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 06:44:36 PM »

Not shocking. Even less shocking is Harding's dislike of “minority immigrants.˝

It's a sad and unfortunate day that so many Americans are willing to embrace immigration reduction and turning our back on those seeking refuge or a better life in our country. I can't understand any objection to our current levels of immigration, which is already quite low. The only opposition seems to stem from either either bigotry or an unfounded fear of immigrants negatively affecting our economy.

We aren't being "overrun" or any other scaremongering term used to refer to Mexican immigration, Hispanic immigration, Asian immigration, or any other immigration. Who cares if the demographics of the United States substantially change? There's no reason to prefer or preserve our current or previous demographics, aside from an emotional reaction to seeing different people and different cultures.

-Just low enough to supposedly (according to less discerning people) lead to the Emerging Democratic Majority. Or, perhaps, an Emerging New Mexico. I honestly wouldn't like either of those options. I'm not against all immigration, just prefer to err on the side of caution.
Eharding

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 06:59:25 PM »

I know I've joked about this for a while, but this could actually directly impact me.

-DO IT. We red staters (weird to think of Michigan as a non-Atlas-red state!) are begging you!
So you do put party above country? At least you don't lie about it.

-The country would be better off free of the Californian yoke.
Eharding

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 07:17:08 PM »

So you do put party above country? At least you don't lie about it.

-The country would be better off free of the Californian yoke.
You're a moron if you think our richest state leaving is good

-California is a high-rent, high-price state, not an especially rich state when adjusted for those factors.
Eharding

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 07:18:31 PM »

Honestly, I'd rather live around decent people of Mexican heritage than White people like you.

-Same.
Eharding

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 08:46:57 PM »

Wow, Famous Mortimer goes even further on this issue than I.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies