Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:48:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino  (Read 22118 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: December 02, 2015, 05:47:03 PM »

A lot of fake reports coming in... People reporting anything and everything right now.

Welcome to the Twitter age.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 04:06:12 PM »

All we know for sure is that the circumstances of this shooting are far too muddy to know which side's narrative won, although it appears to be leaning in favor of the Right.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 04:14:39 PM »

All we know for sure is that the circumstances of this shooting are far too muddy to know which side's narrative won, although it appears to be leaning in favor of the Right.

I hate that this is what shootings are, now.

I know, me too, but you'll get used to it.

How so? The whole ISIS did it theory is not holding water and the target of the shooter suggests this was more about an issue at work than anything else.

The shooters' names were Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik.  Any other details are irrelevant.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 04:26:33 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2015, 04:28:15 PM by Joe Republic »

How so? The whole ISIS did it theory is not holding water and the target of the shooter suggests this was more about an issue at work than anything else.

The shooters' names were Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik.  Any other details are irrelevant.

Names are not my point, what I was saying is that the assertion that this was an ISIS attack is unfounded at this point. I'm not going to argue about it, so we will agree to disagree before this gets out of control.

I know it's unfounded.  The point is that the Right has basically won this shooting, simply by virtue of the shooters' identities.  Their actual beliefs and motives are irrelevant beyond that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 05:32:19 PM »

I know it's unfounded.  The point is that the Right has basically won this shooting, simply by virtue of the shooters' identities.  Their actual beliefs and motives are irrelevant beyond that.

Nobody "won". This shouldn't be a game. The only implication I get of a side "winning" is that the other side can no longer easily use this tragedy as a political token to yell about gun control and planned parenthood. This concept of "winning" is why I avoid both parties.

I 100% agree.  But that's the way it is.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 05:33:57 PM »

It seems like today there is this liberal mentality of trying sooo hard to dismiss attacks as incidents or enemies as "lone wolves". Why are you afraid of admitting we are in a broad struggle against those who pervert Islam?

It seems like today there is this conservative mentality of trying sooo hard to dismiss attacks as incidents or enemies as "lone wolves". Why are you afraid of admitting we are in a broad struggle against widespread access to guns?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 05:59:59 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2015, 06:01:52 PM by Joe Republic »

I know it's unfounded.  The point is that the Right has basically won this shooting, simply by virtue of the shooters' identities.  Their actual beliefs and motives are irrelevant beyond that.

Oh those have been discovered according to the 3 headlines on Drudge:

RECENTLY TRAVELED TO SAUDI ARABIA
'RADICALIZED'
'TERRORIST LINK'

No further explanation necessary.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 03:46:19 PM »

I hate that this is what shootings are, now.

I know, me too, but you'll get used to it.
Roll Eyes

Excellent point, as usual.  Oh well, see you at the next mass shooting thread!  Remember to bring your best talking points with you next time.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 06:15:14 PM »

The tragedies are already pretty cheap though.  They happen every day.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 12:19:47 AM »

As I've told you each and every time you failed to get it before, the 'jokes' (I'm flattered you could even call them that) wouldn't be necessary if we didn't have this ludicrous stalemate in the first place.  But here we are.  Your side won't give an inch; another shooting will occur in the next few days; what else is left but to see the macabre humor in it?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 01:20:45 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2015, 04:29:24 AM by Joe Republic »

My side has won, why should we give an inch?

BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY COUNTRY WHERE MASS SHOOTINGS BY CRAZY PEOPLE KEEP HAPPENING OVER AND OVER AGAIN EVERY FEW DAYS.  THAT'S WHAT YOUR SIDE "WINNING" MEANS.

Sorry, did I get a little too emotional for you?  That tends to happen when humans have to explain basic things to brick walls.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 04:07:11 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2015, 04:08:48 PM by Joe Republic »

My side has won, why should we give an inch?

BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY COUNTRY WHERE MASS SHOOTINGS BY CRAZY PEOPLE KEEP HAPPENING OVER AND OVER AGAIN EVERY FEW DAYS.
exponentially even!

The fact that you took a hyperbolic response to a troll literally tells me what caliber of intelligence I'm dealing with here.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 04:50:02 PM »

Please leave the witty interjections to Morden, Ernest.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies