Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:04:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Multiple Victims Reported Shot In San Bernardino  (Read 22120 times)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« on: December 03, 2015, 05:32:00 PM »

I find it disgusting that people are literally desperate to avoid the fact that, yes, some Muslims can be terrorists. Not all Muslims, but some.

And good luck getting the refugees in now (yes, I know the attackers likely were not refugees). Whether we should or shouldn't take them in is irrelevant, because the issue is dead. Once again, radical Islamic terrorists have struck us. This is the third major attack by them since 9/11.

Oh, the refugees are coming in. Obama has made very clear that he doesn't care what anyone thinks.

I think this terrorist asshole and the likely tone-deaf response from all corners may just elect Trump President, unfortunately.

I just love how different the response would be if this was just your run of the mill workplace shooting by a crazy (non-muslim) person. But it's a muslim so suddenly everyone is up in arms. Otherwise we would just have to accept the shooting as a "price of freedom" or some such other pro-gun nonsense.

Of course it could still be the result of a crazy guy who was mad at his workplace for one reason or another (maybe they made fun of his religion) and got his wife involved in his sick plot. Even if religion was involved, it doesn't change the fact the man was sick in his head, just like other mass shooters/murderers.

They've already found ties to radicals abroad. It's over.

What's over? Is this more tragic if it's terrorism versus workplace violence? And as Badger points out, this could be a combination of both. Guy gets radicalized. Throw in some badgering at work due to his religion and viola. I don't see how this can be more tragic whether it was terrorism, workplace violence or a combination of both.

Of course people need to find out what it is so they can properly respond to it. For conservatives it's "isolated incident by crazy guy" vs "all the muslims are terrorists!!!!" For liberals it's " we need gun reform!!!" vs "isolated incident by crazy muslim guy".

As for me, I find the "all the muslims are terrorists" thinking to be most dangerous to America right now so......

Nobody is saying "all Muslims".

Except when you did, just last night.

I posted a video clip from an ABC documentary about how the US. Government's depiction of the Japanese was that of subhuman cockroaches. They attacked us. They were our enemy. We were at war. They were willing to kill themselves to kill innocent people. How is that any different than our enemy today other than the fact that they aren't a specific country or from a specific country's military?

Where did the rules of war change between 1945 and 2015? Does the United States just give up? Back off?

We had a liberal President (Harry Truman) who had two options: 1. Invade Japan or 2. Nuke Japan. There was no third option of retreat.

It seems like today there is this liberal mentality of trying sooo hard to dismiss attacks as incidents or enemies as "lone wolves". Why are you afraid of admitting we are in a broad struggle against those who pervert Islam?

Because we're so scared of offending anyone, even our enemies, that we no longer want the truth. The truth is too painful.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies