Warren compared with Sanders and Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:17:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Warren compared with Sanders and Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Warren compared with Sanders and Clinton  (Read 2293 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 31, 2017, 08:21:04 PM »

She definitely has the populist ire to defeat Trump (who's approval rating is right there with George Bush November 2006) so that wouldn't be the big question mark.

Her problem is that she'll struggle trying to be an effective progressive champion while in office. Her political background is VERY different than that of Reagan, Roosevelt, Lincoln, or Jefferson. She didn't get into politics until 2012/2013 and hails from a deep blue state. She also never lost a race and won't be facing tough competition in 2018. She doesn't have the political chops that Reagan and Roosevelt had to bring a large ideologically diverse coalition behind a progressive agenda.

I wouldn't worry about her electoral ability. I'd worry about her ability to cut deals and get a mandate for a progressive agenda through. For those looking for a Rooseveltian style progressive realignment, I highly doubt you'll find it in Warren.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies