Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:54:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 318500 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2075 on: June 19, 2018, 08:39:44 AM »

The Hart AgStrong stuff is a nothing-burger that won't stick with voters because its too hard to follow.  Cagle's scandal is much more potent. 

Also, it's something that happened at a distance.  The Cagle scandal is right here.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2076 on: June 19, 2018, 10:49:29 AM »

Honestly, it reminds me a lot of Deal's (business) scandals in both of his elections. This probably all originated from the Cagle team, who's trying to muddy the waters as much as possible; it smacks exactly of oppo research dug up by a campaign and I don't think it's coincidence it dropped like 4 days after the recording. They're probably trying to stop any bleeding on their end more so than proactively cost Kemp votes. Otherwise, they would have waited until early voting to feed it to the media.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #2077 on: June 20, 2018, 08:47:45 AM »

Have there been any new polls since the Cagle audio came out? I think he’s done for. Every day that goes by, I feel like Abrams’s chances grow. Kemp is a nutcase all around but he’s really a nutcase about immigration. I hate to say this but the family separation probably helps her. I can’t imagine woke white RINO  moms in Cobb/Gwinnett/ Fayette like this too much.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2078 on: June 20, 2018, 08:56:36 AM »

Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #2079 on: June 20, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »

Have there been any new polls since the Cagle audio came out? I think he’s done for. Every day that goes by, I feel like Abrams’s chances grow. Kemp is a nutcase all around but he’s really a nutcase about immigration. I hate to say this but the family separation probably helps her. I can’t imagine woke white RINO  moms in Cobb/Gwinnett/ Fayette like this too much.
Yeah but in our adhd news cycle the odds of that remaining an issue on election day are slim
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2080 on: June 20, 2018, 09:31:52 AM »

Hillary, Bernie, Biden, Booker, Harris... yeah national Democrats are going to be all in for this race.

I hope to see Biden, Booker, Harris, and Bernie barnstorming the state this fall. I am excited!

Georgia has a lot of transplants, people may scoff at these national endorsements, but yeah... nobody cares about Barnes, Cleland, Darden, and others. Their base of voters are either dead or Republicans at this point. Abrams is the beginning of a new dynasty of Georgia Democrats.

There hasn't been any new polls. Regardless of the nominee Gwinnett is Lean D (closer to Likely) and Cobb is a Toss-Up at this point. With a few suburban cross-overs and galvanizing black turnout, Fayette can be closer but she will still lose there by double digits.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #2081 on: June 20, 2018, 09:34:30 AM »

Hillary, Bernie, Biden, Booker, Harris... yeah national Democrats are going to be all in for this race.

I hope to see Biden, Booker, Harris, and Bernie barnstorming the state this fall. I am excited!

Georgia has a lot of transplants, people may scoff at these national endorsements, but yeah... nobody cares about Barnes, Cleland, Darden, and others. Their base of voters are either dead or Republicans at this point. Abrams is the beginning of a new dynasty of Georgia Democrats.

Not sure how Bernie would help tbh (and I'm a huge Bernie fan, so this isn't anything against him personally). He got creamed in the Dem primary in 2016 in GA, even in rural white areas.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2082 on: June 20, 2018, 09:39:46 AM »

Not sure how Bernie would help tbh (and I'm a huge Bernie fan, so this isn't anything against him personally). He got creamed in the Dem primary in 2016 in GA, even in rural white areas.
Well Abrams doesn't intend to leave any votes on the table, so I expect to see him in Atlanta proper and Athens (where he only lost by 1 point). I would really like to see Abrams crack 67-70% in Athens-Clarke County. Bernie could definitely move some butts to the polls there.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2083 on: June 20, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »

Have there been any new polls since the Cagle audio came out? I think he’s done for. Every day that goes by, I feel like Abrams’s chances grow. Kemp is a nutcase all around but he’s really a nutcase about immigration. I hate to say this but the family separation probably helps her. I can’t imagine woke white RINO  moms in Cobb/Gwinnett/ Fayette like this too much.
There hasn't been any new polls. Regardless of the nominee Gwinnett is Lean D (closer to Likely) and Cobb is a Toss-Up at this point. With a few suburban cross-overs and galvanizing black turnout, Fayette can be closer but she will still lose there by double digits.

Yeah no D should lose Gwinnett now and I could totally see Cobb being closer even if it's not quite ready to flip just yet. I didn't realize Fayette was 70  % white but she can probably pick off Peachtree City Yoga Moms even if she has no way to win it.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #2084 on: June 20, 2018, 05:54:35 PM »

Well Abrams doesn't intend to leave any votes on the table, so I expect to see him in Atlanta proper and Athens (where he only lost by 1 point). I would really like to see Abrams crack 67-70% in Athens-Clarke County. Bernie could definitely move some butts to the polls there.

That's what I want to see--that Abrams doesn't intend to leave any votes on the table.  This means going to north Georgia and to the suburban areas surrounding Columbus, Savannah, and Augusta and denting the margins.  I don't really care who comes in (and I agree with you on Bernie in midtown Atlanta/Decatur/Athens), but it needs to be a solid, unified effort.  If this is the case, I think we have a chance.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2085 on: June 22, 2018, 12:41:36 PM »

In case some of you Gawgans are interested (and would otherwise not see), I have 2020 population estimates (including estimates for 2020 race data) for Georgia that can be downloaded and used in Dave's Redistricting App.

I also made 2 hypothetical court-drawn Congressional maps for Georgia using the data, which may (or may not) be similar to the sort of Congressional map Georgia will end up with in 2020 redistricting if Stacey Abrams wins the GA-GOV race. I also made a Democratic gerrymander map.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=294399.msg6268087#msg6268087
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2086 on: June 22, 2018, 08:59:02 PM »

Pod Save America had a live show in Atlanta this week, Abrams was there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpWLk4wucZY&feature=youtu.be

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2087 on: June 27, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »

Abrams was on Seth Meyers last night. Glad to see her getting out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozNvM45yKWw
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2088 on: June 29, 2018, 08:08:33 AM »

New AJC poll shows Cagle leading Kemp 44-43 (more details in the polling subforum).
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2089 on: June 29, 2018, 08:23:46 PM »

The much awaited sequel has arrived
https://youtu.be/Y6htgrVPi7A
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2090 on: June 29, 2018, 08:35:07 PM »

jake quit tryin to have sex with mah daughter only i get to that
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2091 on: June 29, 2018, 09:12:04 PM »

If Kemp wins, the suburbs will be up in arms and give Abrams the win. If Casey wins, the moderates will be up in arms and Abrams will win. This race is starting to look more like a tossup, but the 50%+1 rule could still give it to the Rep.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2092 on: June 29, 2018, 11:32:06 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2018, 11:36:52 PM by dotard »

If Kemp wins, the suburbs will be up in arms and give Abrams the win. If Casey wins, the moderates will be up in arms and Abrams will win. This race is starting to look more like a tossup, but the 50%+1 rule could still give it to the Rep.

Yeah, I’d love to see some polling but this could very well be an Abrams leaning tossup at this point. Cagle and Kemp are equally terrible and damaged and there’s still almost another month before the runoff.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2093 on: June 29, 2018, 11:34:32 PM »

The father-in-law not pointing his gun directly at you is a good sign in Southern culture. Looks like they're making progress!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2094 on: June 30, 2018, 12:33:08 AM »

The father-in-law not pointing his gun directly at you is a good sign in Southern culture. Looks like they're making progress!

Gotta admit, it's a solid ad in a cheesy sort of way.  I've seen much worse.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2095 on: June 30, 2018, 09:01:50 AM »

AJC story on Cagle trying to channel Trump on Twitter: https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/trumpish-tweet-georgia-gop-runoff-for-governor/HuihqtXDuDMbXjq67REfrM/
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2096 on: June 30, 2018, 09:59:02 AM »

Ew. It is so inauthentic. Cagle will go the way of Gillespie at this rate.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #2097 on: June 30, 2018, 10:50:44 AM »

There are definitely parallels between Cagle and Gillespie. They're boring candidates who tried to spice up their campaign by infusing Trumpian tactics, not realizing that they're just harming their own odds in the process. Difference is, Gillespie is trying those tactics in a state that is massively anti-Trump. Cagle will fare better, but he's really not helping himself.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2098 on: June 30, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »

AJC: Black and Democratic voters gain on Republicans in Georgia

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2099 on: June 30, 2018, 02:21:12 PM »

^^^ Oh good - the turnout by demographics figures are finally available! I'll have to look through them later.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies