Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 07:13:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates  (Read 16801 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »

So if Gingrich drops out before the convention, Ron Paul potentially gets some Georgia delegates?
Looks like he potentially will have a plurality of delegates.  I wonder how South Carolina's delegate selection process works.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »

So if Gingrich drops out before the convention, Ron Paul potentially gets some Georgia delegates?

Indeed!
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2012, 07:09:56 PM »

I'm in your party.

Trolling with my ninja delegates.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2012, 07:18:04 PM »

Are these all just reports from Paul-ites themselves though?  Do we have any independent confirmation on this stuff?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »

Are these all just reports from Paul-ites themselves though?  Do we have any independent confirmation on this stuff?

We do have independent confirmation that roughly a majority of Clark County NV delegates supported Paul and that they took over the executive committee. All the other stuff seems to be reports from the Paulites.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2012, 07:24:02 PM »

This is all anecdotal, of course, but Ron Paul's supporters are literally the only place on the internet to find reports of these sorts of things.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »

This is all anecdotal, of course, but Ron Paul's supporters are literally the only place on the internet to find reports of these sorts of things.
And they have a good track record too. Watchthevote is run by Paul supporters and it did a great job in Maine/Iowa.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »

An anecdote from a Minnesota BPOU  convention from a poster on another Message Board (not a Paul Board but I believe from a Paul supporter).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2012, 09:02:32 PM »

Time for the Republican establishment to look around for any spare ice axes.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2012, 10:43:01 PM »

I salute these awesome Freedom Fighters.

Anyone got more reports from Minnesota?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2012, 02:14:12 AM »

Could someone clarify this for me? So is Paul trying to use these delegates to get more delegates than he was allocated from the votes he got?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2012, 02:21:57 AM »

hahah delightful.

It's annoying crap like that that is the reason people hate Paul and the Paulites... and they wonder why they don't get respect...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2012, 02:31:28 AM »

Could someone clarify this for me? So is Paul trying to use these delegates to get more delegates than he was allocated from the votes he got?

The ultimate best-case scenario goal is for delegates supporting Ron Paul to make up a majority at the state and CD conventions and pass resolutions that assign all the RNC delegates to Ron Paul. In many of these caucus state there are no rules that the straw poll caucus vote has to be taken into account when assigning the final RNC delegates, which makes the Paulite gambit possible.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2012, 02:36:37 AM »

He wasn't allocated any delegates in the Nevada "straw poll" that was held on caucus day.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2012, 02:42:15 AM »

No he was allocated 5. He can't get any more than that no matter how many of his supporters show up at the state convention, unless his supporters end up on the other candidates' delegate slates. Which is no doubt what's being attempted here.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2012, 02:45:37 AM »

Yeah, that's what they're trying to do, so that if the convention goes to a second ballot they can switch all at once to Paul.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2012, 02:46:58 AM »

He wasn't allocated any delegates in the Nevada "straw poll" that was held on caucus day.

Scratch that.  I'm not sure what I was thinking... Nevada's delegates ARE bound to the straw poll conducted on caucus day.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2012, 04:09:54 AM »

Scratch that.  I'm not sure what I was thinking... Nevada's delegates ARE bound to the straw poll conducted on caucus day.

Then what is the point of them showing up at all these conventions if they can't change the delegate total for the candidates.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2012, 04:12:04 AM »

Then what is the point of them showing up at all these conventions if they can't change the delegate total for the candidates.

They could change the rules of the delegate allocation if they accumulate enough power.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2012, 04:23:39 AM »

They could change the rules of the delegate allocation if they accumulate enough power.

Although, from my understanding, if they change the rules, that change can be challenged at the RNC level, correct?
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2012, 08:08:16 AM »

Although, from my understanding, if they change the rules, that change can be challenged at the RNC level, correct?

Indeed.  And the challenge would likely succeed.

Quote from: Restricted
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2012, 01:52:56 PM »

I found this Washington Times article about the Paulista invasion of Georgia's County GOP meetings; apparently they successfully managed to hijack Dekalb County, and were only narrowly rebuffed in Cobb County by parliamentary shenanigans from the chair.

Here's a link to one Paultard's take on what happened in Cobb County:

lol
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »

I salute these awesome Freedom Fighters.

Anyone got more reports from Minnesota?

Found some more for you, BRTD!

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »

RON PAUL! WOOHOO! LEGALIZE POT!

Any word on the counties and districts these were in? I wonder if Paul is taking all delegates from my district after all.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2012, 02:24:04 PM »

BTW I saw a Ron Paul bumper sticker in the church parking lot this morning. Giving Paul 1/3 of candidate bumper stickers in the parking lot I've seen (the other two being Obama bumper stickers, one of which is my own.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies