Trump takes playbook from the Nazis, says he will create database of Muslims (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 03:00:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump takes playbook from the Nazis, says he will create database of Muslims (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump takes playbook from the Nazis, says he will create database of Muslims  (Read 7873 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: November 19, 2015, 10:41:32 PM »

Wouldn't this have more in common with the beloved FDR's imprisonment of an entire ethnic group during a war?

Unless someone is talking about sealing the borders to ensure no one can escape their plans for total extermination of the ethnic group, I really don't want to hear Nazi comparisons.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 01:00:52 PM »

Unless someone is talking about sealing the borders to ensure no one can escape their plans for total extermination of the ethnic group, I really don't want to hear Nazi comparisons.

Yeah, you just go ahead enjoy your freedoms and liberties while certain Americans get rounded up and branded like cattle. Guess what, fascism starts somewhere and ends up where you are saying. This is the starting point. Sorry you don't want to hear that...

So...you cut the entire point of my post to focus on the less important second part. Great.

My entire point is that this country has done things like this before. Registering and imprisoning entire ethnic groups out of paranoia. Comparing it to Hitler's insane desire to wipe the world clean of Jews is inflammatory and frankly unnecessary if this country would stop running from its own sins.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 01:02:18 PM »

Yeah, you just go ahead enjoy your freedoms and liberties while certain Americans get rounded up and branded like cattle. Guess what, fascism starts somewhere and ends up where you are saying. This is the starting point. Sorry you don't want to hear that...

It is very similar to how the Japanese were treated, you had the Japanese government hell bent on world domination with the Emperor in charge, after PH people had mass hysteria towards people of Japanese descent so therefore were interned due to fear of "sleeper cell" congrats we're 21st century Japanese.

I always wondered ........
What about Nazi Americans during WWII ? Before America entered the war, and during the first year or so, Nazi Americans where parading and forming clubs/organizations, and openly touting their allegiance to German ways.

Did we not have "the German government hell bent on world domination with a psycho in charge" ? (As you say)
Why weren't German-Americans "interned due to fear of sleeper cells" ?

Oh wait ..... they were white, it just dawned on me.

And unlike with Japanese-Americans, there were actual Nazi sympathizer groups openly working in the country. The German-American Bund and America First. They weren't outlawed.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 01:03:17 PM »

You guys know that even if he wins this isn't happening, right?

Very likely, yes. The Supreme Court would slap him down.

Trump may be the most egomaniacal President since FDR, though, so I wouldn't be surprised by him attempting to repeat his gambit and pack the court.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies