Pence signed it: Add Indiana to the list of states with "religious freedom" laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 03:46:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pence signed it: Add Indiana to the list of states with "religious freedom" laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pence signed it: Add Indiana to the list of states with "religious freedom" laws  (Read 21697 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: February 18, 2015, 03:58:26 PM »

The religious right is losing, has been losing, will lose, and this kind of thing is their reaction. Awful.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:06:10 AM »

And this precisely is what I was yelling and shouting about when the SCOTUS handed that awful Hobby Lobby decision. In some dark corner someone will always use faith or religion to justify their bigotry, intolerance, etc.

Just keep saying it to yourself: "WE'RE NOT LOSING WE'RE NOT LOSING WE'RE NOT LOSING"

I don't think we are at all. This was rejected in Arizona of all places. That the far right is doing something like this in Indiana as a reaction to the direction of the country was / is kind of my point. Puerile desperation, it is. It's sad that innocent people get caught up in it, though, or get stuck fighting it.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »

And this precisely is what I was yelling and shouting about when the SCOTUS handed that awful Hobby Lobby decision. In some dark corner someone will always use faith or religion to justify their bigotry, intolerance, etc.

Just keep saying it to yourself: "WE'RE NOT LOSING WE'RE NOT LOSING WE'RE NOT LOSING"

I don't think we are at all. This was rejected in Arizona of all places. That the far right is doing something like this in Indiana as a reaction to the direction of the country was / is kind of my point. Puerile desperation, it is. It's sad that innocent people get caught up in it, though, or get stuck fighting it.

What?  The baby is the religious right. 

Oh, lol! I get it. Yeah. I just misread it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies