HB 23-06: Phasing Out Fossil Fuels Act (Tabled)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:59:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 23-06: Phasing Out Fossil Fuels Act (Tabled)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 23-06: Phasing Out Fossil Fuels Act (Tabled)  (Read 902 times)
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 21, 2020, 09:43:28 PM »
« edited: May 09, 2020, 05:10:39 PM by Speaker Thumb21 »

Phasing Out Fossil Fuels Act

1. The burning of coal will be banned after 5 years
2. Coal powered facilities shall be offered a tax credit program to convert to alternate energy, the details of said program are as follows
2a.10% credit on total taxes, switching 1 year or earlier after the passage of this law
2b. 6% credit on toal taxes, switching 1-3 years after the passage of this law
2c. 2% credit on total taxes, switching 3-4 years after the passage of this law
2d. No credit switching 4-5 years after the passage of this law
2e. $150,000-$500,000 fine for refusing to switch within the given 5 year slot
3. The burning of petroleum shall be phased out over 25 years
4. The production of petroleum-burning cars shall be banned in 10 years
5. The government shall create a petroleum car buyback and trade-in program, where it will buy back cars at the full Kelly Blue Book value and will provide consumers with a new electric car, the net worth of their old car shall be deducted from the price of the new car, if the net worth is more, the government shall pay via rebate, the owed amount
6. The burning of natural gas shall be phased out over 15 years, and shall be encouraged by a tax credit program
6a.11% credit on total taxes, switching 5 year or earlier after the passage of this law
6b. 8% credit on toal taxes, switching 5-11 years after the passage of this law
6c. 3% credit on total taxes, switching 11-13 years after the passage of this law
6d. No credit switching 13-15 years after the passage of this law
6e. $180,000-$540,000 fine for refusing to switch within the given 15 year slot
7. This law shall begin to take effect, one week after being signed by the President

Sponsor: Citizen (S019)
House Designation: HB 23-06

72 hours to debate.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 08:56:17 AM »

Not sure there's a need for this bill since we are already discussing the future of fossil fuels in the red green new deal thread.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 01:28:21 PM »

Not sure why poorly written meme bills submitted by citizens arent automatically scrapped, as the speaker has the power to do so...
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 02:46:20 PM »

Motion to table
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 02:53:35 PM »

Wow, I forgot this existed.

Seconding the motion to table.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 02:57:04 PM »

Tabling vote

72 hours
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 03:06:52 PM »

Aye
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 03:16:37 PM »

Aye
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 03:38:35 PM »

Aye
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 05:04:28 PM »

Aye to table.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 06:46:48 PM »

Aye
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 08:37:45 PM »

Aye
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 09:20:03 PM »

Not sure why poorly written meme bills submitted by citizens arent automatically scrapped, as the speaker has the power to do so...

This isn't a meme bill, climate change has to be addressed, and this was written before the Red Green New Deal bill (which is probably a better way to deal with this). I'm perfectly fine with this being tabled, however referring to dealing with climate change as a "meme" is incredibly concerning to me, I'm glad that the House is taking ambitious action, because this is a crisis, and we need to deal with it now.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 10:40:33 PM »

Aye
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 11:04:52 PM »

This isn't a meme bill, climate change has to be addressed, and this was written before the Red Green New Deal bill (which is probably a better way to deal with this). I'm perfectly fine with this being tabled, however referring to dealing with climate change as a "meme" is incredibly concerning to me, I'm glad that the House is taking ambitious action, because this is a crisis, and we need to deal with it now.

Bills you submit are all memes.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 11:09:04 PM »

You literally can't address the points or rebut any arguments, so I'll just assume that you don't think climate change is a threat and we should continue to let oil companies destroy our environment.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 11:12:19 PM »

You literally can't address the points or rebut any arguments, so I'll just assume that you don't think climate change is a threat and we should continue to let oil companies destroy our environment.

I suggest you look at my history on the issue, then come back when you have an accusation that actually sticks.

In the meantime, sit down, kid.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 11:14:26 PM »

I suggest you look at my history on the issue, then come back when you have an accusation that actually sticks.

History means nothing, you don't stand by those values anymore. You may have at one point, but you've changed, and bringing up old positions doesn't change that.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2020, 11:16:30 PM »

History means nothing, you don't stand by those values anymore. You may have at one point, but you've changed, and bringing up old positions doesn't change that.

You are making assumptions based off of ideas you cannot back.

You wrote a bad bill, I rightfully called it out for being bad. Get over it.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 11:18:26 PM »

Oh come on. You can't not pass a bill named POFF!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 07:53:20 PM »

Aye

Why are you so g-dang condescending?
thumb21
YaBB God