My Published Opinion Piece (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:53:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  My Published Opinion Piece (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Published Opinion Piece  (Read 1850 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: November 28, 2018, 12:58:40 PM »
« edited: November 28, 2018, 01:04:04 PM by Virginiá »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Are you really this biased? Are you aware at all of what Republicans have been doing across the country with their gerrymandered majorities? It would take me an hour or more to write a post about everything the NCGOP has done to try and consolidate power at any costs, including ending judicial primaries just for 2018 to try and get Democrats to split the vote, among over a half dozen other changes to try and game the Supreme Court election this cycle. Or what about Georgia's attempts at redrawing the maps mid-decade just to shore up seats they were afraid of losing? That sounds like a party willing to do whatever it needs to win. I mean, what is the point of even holding elections if you're just going to redraw the maps every time you think you might lose some seats? Or what about the PAGOP seriously considering impeaching every Democratic Supreme Court justice because their brazenly gerrymandered Congressional map was redrawn? Or what about West Virginia Republican seizing on a spending scandal originally from a Republican to impeach the entire WVSC, so they could stack the bench with conservatives? Or what about Kansas trying to defund the judicial branch because their Supreme Court kept trying to force them to actually fund k12 education services. Or what about the Wisconsin GOP's current scheming to strip Evers of power even before he's sworn in? Or what about a wave of Republican-backed voter list purges that include hundreds of thousands of people who haven't moved or died yet are removed erroneously anyway? Or what about any number of SCOTUS decisions that conveniently seem to benefit the GOP in elections? Or what about McConnell's theft of a Supreme Court seat and 100+ lower court seats? It goes on and on and on like this.

Contrary to what you believe, your people are not the good guys in this story. They are the ones hostile to the judiciary, elections and basically any check on their power.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Conservatives say this about every election we have. Mysterious groups are always busing voters across state or district lines in grand schemes that conveniently, no one can ever get proof of. It's always hearsay. You guys are always hearing rumors and believing them immediately yet never coming across any hard proof.

The reason for that is because it's not happening. You guys have indulged these rumors for so long that they have taken on a life of their own, and probably any time a conservative goes to vote and sees a bus nearby, this becomes what you heard - "reports of voters being bused in," or if the information you came upon was not completely fabricated out of thin air in the first place.

I really hate it when people like you do this crap. You sow doubt with no proof, helping ruin faith in our elections over absolutely nothing but your wildly inaccurate gut feelings.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies