Obama under fire for gutting NASA's human flight program (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:16:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama under fire for gutting NASA's human flight program (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama under fire for gutting NASA's human flight program  (Read 1671 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 03, 2011, 01:36:31 AM »

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.947744aa7f2a9543ab7c4b0e24b9136c.221&show_article=1
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 02:41:31 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2011, 03:06:07 PM by jmfcst »

yeah, nothing of educational or inspirational value going on here....move along students
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 03:01:01 PM »

It's amusing when some cry at the top of their lungs to cut down the federal government but then are shocked when their favorites projects are on the table.

it amazing how you libs like to use strawman arguments....the clear truth is that we conservatives want to tear apart the state's nanny side that sucks and is in shambles, not the state's badassery side that rocks and displays America's exceptionalism.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 04:31:16 PM »

yes, the Space Shuttle never came close to living up to its hype...but its capabilities and inspirational value is unsurpassed.  but, it wasnt budget cuts that canceled the Space Shuttle, it was W's lets-move-on-to-something-else replacement policy that did it...but Obama even canceled the replacement, and now the knowledge base is being lost (NASA engineers will be absorbed into the private sector and the knowledge base will be gone).

Now, if I were POTUS, I would have kept flying the Shuttle until 2020 - til its replacement was flying...course, I would have also based a lot of school courses around it and used it as a educational tool for students to study math and science - the NASA I would fund would be fully integrated into the classroom.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies