Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:41:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 66
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 128562 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: May 04, 2022, 11:02:31 PM »

Trump is telling supporters to stay home if Kemp is the Nominee and the way WARNOCK has surges this might be the first race called for D's on EDay Gov and S
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1176 on: May 05, 2022, 07:17:00 AM »

More fundraising info:

Gov. Brian Kemp still has more cash in his campaign account than his rivals – but Stacey Abrams is fast catching up despite her late start.

The Democrat said Wednesday she raised $11.7 million in the three-month span between February and April, ending the reporting period with more than $8 million in the bank. She collected contributions from more than 187,000 donors.

Abrams, who entered the race in December, disclosed her financial report on the same day she announced she is temporarily pausing her fundraising solicitations and shifting her focus to collecting donations to help abortion rights groups in Georgia.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-blog/stacey-abrams-is-cutting-deeper-into-brian-kemps-financial-lead/POXETR42MJGPZGH4WNNCDG6QQE/
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1177 on: May 05, 2022, 11:32:07 AM »

Let's see how these numbers look post-Dobbs.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1178 on: May 05, 2022, 11:34:18 AM »

Kemp and the legislature would be very smart to just punt this to a referendum
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1179 on: May 09, 2022, 05:14:00 PM »

Y'all can stick a fork in Mr. Perdue.  Kemp is going to win the primary without a runoff.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1180 on: May 09, 2022, 06:04:55 PM »

Perdue lied about Trump winning just like all the other Rs running including Lake
Buzz

« Reply #1181 on: May 10, 2022, 01:16:29 AM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1182 on: May 10, 2022, 01:24:21 AM »

Didn't Trump endorse Perdue? The fact he's been failing this badly is interesting.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1183 on: May 10, 2022, 07:15:18 AM »

Didn't Trump endorse Perdue? The fact he's been failing this badly is interesting.

Yes, and Trump is campaigning for Perdue -- or perhaps more precisely, against Kemp (who Trump hates with a passion and wants to see lose more than any other Republican incumbent with the possible exception of Liz Cheney).
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1184 on: May 10, 2022, 07:27:26 AM »

Yes, and Trump is campaigning for Perdue -- or perhaps more precisely, against Kemp (who Trump hates with a passion and wants to see lose more than any other Republican incumbent with the possible exception of Liz Cheney).
Comes to show that even Trump can't even put lipstick on the pig.
Buzz

« Reply #1185 on: May 10, 2022, 11:14:06 AM »

Perdue was a good senator and easily outperformed Trump in GA last election.  He’s ruined his image completely with this out of left field persona the last 6 months.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1186 on: May 10, 2022, 11:25:35 AM »

Perdue was a good senator and easily outperformed Trump in GA last election.  He’s ruined his image completely with this out of left field persona the last 6 months.

I also don't understand it as a strategy at all. "2020 election denying (by Trump) cost me my Senate seat in the runoff, so I'll double down on it this time."
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1187 on: May 11, 2022, 02:57:46 PM »

Republicans in GA need to make sure they don't vote for Kemp in November. I want him punished, removed from GA Voter Rolls, removed from GA and removed from USA!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1188 on: May 11, 2022, 05:02:14 PM »

Republicans in GA need to make sure they don't vote for Kemp in November. I want him punished, removed from GA Voter Rolls, removed from GA and removed from USA!

#ElectionIntegrity Roll Eyes
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1189 on: May 11, 2022, 08:00:15 PM »

It seems Trump has more sway in the Midwest and in the Appalachian South, and less so in the Southeast and the Rockies. Interesting.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1190 on: May 11, 2022, 08:34:35 PM »

It seems Trump has more sway in the Midwest and in the Appalachian South, and less so in the Southeast and the Rockies. Interesting.

I'm not sure it's that straightforward.  Local factors and candidate quality matter!  In Georgia, Kemp has been an effective governor (I'm a Democrat and will be the first to acknowledge this) while Perdue is a much poorer candidate.  Trump's endorsement isn't enough to overcome that.  Simiarly, Trump wasn't enough to put the awful Herbster over the top in Nebraska.  But in Ohio, the endorsement was enough of a factor in a large, muddled field to give Vance the win.

In other words, Trump's endorsement is generally helpful to a candidate, but it doesn't trump (ahem) all other factors.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1191 on: May 11, 2022, 10:15:17 PM »

I'm not sure it's that straightforward.  Local factors and candidate quality matter!  In Georgia, Kemp has been an effective governor (I'm a Democrat and will be the first to acknowledge this) while Perdue is a much poorer candidate.  Trump's endorsement isn't enough to overcome that.  Simiarly, Trump wasn't enough to put the awful Herbster over the top in Nebraska.  But in Ohio, the endorsement was enough of a factor in a large, muddled field to give Vance the win.

In other words, Trump's endorsement is generally helpful to a candidate, but it doesn't trump (ahem) all other factors.

It mainly seems effective when everyone in the field is relatively unknown.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1192 on: May 12, 2022, 05:04:29 PM »

JMT

« Reply #1193 on: May 13, 2022, 06:12:40 AM »

Buzz

« Reply #1194 on: May 13, 2022, 04:14:01 PM »

We love to see.  Two people that got treated unfairly by Cheeto going to come out on top.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1195 on: May 14, 2022, 12:03:47 AM »

I've been reading about some of the downballot races in Georgia. While Kemp is very likely to win his primary with no runoff, polls suggest that Trump's influence is more important downballot.
Rep. Jody Hice is heavily favored against Brad Raffensperger according to most polling and has a good chance of winning with no runoff. Same goes for Trump-endorsed Burt Jones who's going up against Butch Miller, the president pro tempore of the Georgia State Senate.
I've also been hearing that John Gordon is having serious momentum in his race against Chris Carr and recently loaned himself over a million dollars to his campaign. Patrick Witt on the other hand doesn't look like he's going to win, but maybe he could force a runoff.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1196 on: May 17, 2022, 12:28:07 PM »

Primary Turnout by Party (as of Day 12 of AIP Voting):

2018: 53.3% R, 46.7% D (155,792)
2022: 57.4% R, 42.6% D (461,816)

Courtesy of georgiavotes.com
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1197 on: May 17, 2022, 07:02:35 PM »

Since the Democratic primary is mostly uninteresting, I'm thinking of voting a Republican ballot in next week's primary.  Does anyone have a list of the least Trumpy/crazy candidates in the statewide races (apart from Kemp and Raffensperger, who I already know about)?  I'm in the new GA-6 and also looking for the best choice there.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #1198 on: May 17, 2022, 07:05:44 PM »

Since the Democratic primary is mostly uninteresting, I'm thinking of voting a Republican ballot in next week's primary.  Does anyone have a list of the least Trumpy/crazy candidates in the statewide races (apart from Kemp and Raffensperger, who I already know about)?  I'm in the new GA-6 and also looking for the best choice there.

Treasurer: JD Mandel

Agriculture Commissioner: Madison Cawthorn

Georgia 6 rep: Don Ald Trump Jr.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1199 on: May 17, 2022, 07:24:45 PM »

Treasurer: JD Mandel

Agriculture Commissioner: Madison Cawthorn

Georgia 6 rep: Don Ald Trump Jr.

I will give this a recommend for the humor value.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies