Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:00:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 205020 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: April 20, 2018, 06:59:25 AM »
« edited: May 20, 2019, 09:50:46 PM by UWS »

2020 Republican National Convention
Day 3, Part 7
Date : July 20 2020-July 23 2020

Monday, July 22-Keep America Free
-Phil Scott, Vermont Governor
-Asa Hutchinson, Arkansas Governor
-Bob Menendez, New Jersey Senator

Thank you. Thank you my fellow Americans.

I guess you may be wondering what a Democrat like myself may be doing here.

[Crowd laughs]

Well, in the past, we saw Senator Zell Miller of Georgia speaking at the 2004 RNC and even tonight we had Governor Chafee speaking here as well as Joe Lieberman and Jim Webb in the last two days. It demonstrates America's clear and strong unity. We may have disagreements on many issues but diversity is exactly an element of America's strengths. That's why we need our leaders to be president for all Americans whether you are conservative, liberal, independent or libertarian and bring the American people together around a comprehenive and bi-partisan agenda that gets things done, creates prosperity and ensures our national security. That is exactly the kind of leadership adopted by Marco Rubio and that's why I support him.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

In the U.S. Senate, Marco Rubio and I have worked together several times on introducing bi-partisan legislations aimed at making sure America faces its challenges more effectively, especially on immigration, trade, foreign policy, national security and human rights. As President of the United States, he reinforced our national unity got things done and got the Congress to be one of the most do-something Congresses we have ever seen in our history and that's why America is in a better shape today than it was four years ago.

Marco Rubio and I were among the Gang of 8 that worked to reform our immigration system. But it's under President Rubio that we finally got there after Senators Flake and Harris successfully introduced the Opportunity Act that passed both houses of Congress through overwhelming support from both parties, that increased security in our borders through an increase of the number of border patrol agents and the establishment of a E-Verify system, reformed America's immigration system and granted U.S. citizenship for immigrants living across the nation, which reinforced America's status as an inclusive nation and as the land of opportunity.

Meanwhile, Bernie Sanders has not always been in favor of immigration reform. In fact, in 2007 Senator Sanders voted against the Immigration Reform Act that was aimed at reforming the immigration system. So he voted against granting U.S. citizenship for immigrants who are seeking better lives and better opportunities.

[Crowd boos]

But President Rubio's immigration policy kept us safe, ensured a reinforcement of our economy through a stronger workforce, gave immigrants a fair chance to find a good-paying job and to prosper and restored the American Dream.

As the leaders of my party declared, a strong economy requires a strong middle class and so it requires a tax code favoring the middle class and cutting taxes for them. That's how our country enjoyed strong economic growth in the 1990s as well as in the last four years. But for years, Bernie Sanders has supported broad middle-class tax hikes that would diminish their purchasing power, deprive middle-class Americans of their jobs, increase poverty and unemployment and weaken our economy.

[Crowd boos]

President Rubio cut taxes for all Americans, including the middle class, making their purchasing power stronger, boosting job creation and making America a business-friendly country. That's how we got our unemployment rate to 2.6 % down from  5.5 % and created 12 million new jobs in the last four years.

While I am in favor of good free trade deals, I am proud of President Rubio's leadership that made our trade deals favorable and fair for American workers through tax cuts on our manufacturing industry, lower tariffs and stronger American competition in the global economy. Meanwhile, by opposing these good trade deals, Bernie Sanders has been proven to be a partisan hack. He is actually the one whose policies will hurt our manufacturing industry through higher tariffs and higher taxes on manufacturing.

[Crowd boos]

President Rubio's trade policy brought manufacturing jobs back, increased our economic competition, counter-balanced China's trade power and made us number one auto producer again.

And President Rubio did it by reforming our immigration system after securing our borders, which granted U.S. citizenship for immigrants across this nation and gave them them a fair chance to find a good-paying job, to prosper and to accomplish the American Dream here in the land of opportunity.

Instead of increasing government spending in order to fix our infrastructure like Bernie Sanders would have suggested, President Rubio managed to develop new infrastructures by encouraging public-private partnerships aimed at financing new infrastructure projects, thus facilitating economic activities across this country and favoring the implementation of new businesses and the creation of new jobs here in America.

While Bernie Sanders would have assaulted the energy industry and raised your taxes in order to get us to a clean environment, President Rubio did it by making sure America takes advantage of all of its sources of energy, by making America energy independent and by investing a part of the revenues from oil drilling into the development of renewable energies, which helped us to pursue job creation while improving our ecological footprint.

As a strong supporter of free trade, I am proud of President Rubio's leadership that strengthened America's prosperity by ratifying new free trade agreements with Europe, Latin America and India while bringing American manufacturing jobs here in this country through tax cuts for our manufacturing industry and a reduction of our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 15 %. As a result, we made America the most competitive nation in the world economy and encouraged job creation for Americans thanks to lower tariffs and lower costs for American products, which increased access to these products for 95 % of international consumers and made America number one in terms of auto production again.

In order to accelerate our victory against terrorism in Afghanistan, President Rubio managed to bring Republicans and Democrats together to temporarily reduced our annual aid to Pakistan in order to make sure they will fully side with us against terrorism instead of sponsoring it and to convince India, thr fourth military power in the world, to join our troops in Afghanistan to combat terrorism there. Thanks to the combination of our military powers, we and our allies defeated ISIS, Al Qaida and the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan, eliminated Ayman al-Zawahiri, restored peace, stability and security in the region and accomplished our job to rebuild Afghanistan and to fully train the Afghan Armed forces in order to fully transfer to them the responsibillity of their country's security. Mission Accomplished! We won the War in Afghanistan and our troops are coming home. Peace is imminent.

In the senate, Marco Rubio and I worked together to support pro-democracy movements in Cuba and Venezuela in order to accelerate these countries' path to democracy. These two nations were suffering poverty, inflation, tyranny and opression. And yet Bernie Sanders praised the regime of Nicolas Maduro as a model for ending income inequality even though this regime expropriated its people of property, has given much Venezuela's oil to the Castro regime, supported terrorist groups like the Hezbollah, opressed its people and arrested or killed protesters for speaking out.

[Crowd boos]

No wonder that Maduro backed Senator Sanders during the 2016 Democratic primaries. But fortunately, President Rubio leadership increased all the necessary economic and diplomatic pressure on Cuba and Venezuela, supported pro-democracy activists in these two countries and helped these two nations to accomplish their path to democracy, thus restoring freedom, justice, integrity, prosperity, stability and security there. These two countries are now among America's greatest partners to promote democracy and human rights around the world and to fight terrorism, crime and corruption.

On Iran, Bernie Sanders is on the wrong side of national security. Even though the Iran nuclear deal handed Iran the capitals they need to sponsor terrorism and to build nuclear weapons aimed at launching nuclear attacks against us and our allies, Bernie Sanders supported it while I opposed it.

[Crowd boos]

Even Chuck Schumer, the Leader of the Democratic minority in the Senate opposed it. These were concessions that diminished our national security and got the world closer to a nuclear Iran and a nuclear war. But President Rubio managed to take the advantage against Iran by increasing sanctions against Iran, thus depriving them of money that would be used to finance their nuclear military arsenal and to sponsor terrorim, reinforcing our security and preventing any nuclear war.

So my fellow Americans, in order to pursue the progress made in the last four years through bi-partisan leadership that kept us united as a nation to get things done and to make sure that the America our kids inherit is every bit as great, even greater, than what we received from the greatest generation, I call on you to mobilize and give President Rubio the mandate to lead America for another four years for the sake of our prosperity, freedom and security.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless the United States of America!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #876 on: April 20, 2018, 09:04:15 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2019, 10:45:20 PM by UWS »

Day 3, Part 8

-Butch Otter, Idaho Governor
-Larry Hogan, Maryland Governor
-George P. Bush, Texas Senator

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Just like you, being in America is a blessing to me. It's the land of opportunity where all of your dreams can become reality. That's why I am proud to be serving the great state of Texas in the United States Senate to support President Rubio's policies that strengthened our economy through free enterprise, kept us safe through a strong U.S. military and kept our country strong and united.

You know, this is my first adress at this convention since my grand-mother Barbara Bush has passed away. She was a great First Lady just like Jeanette Rubio is. May God bless her.

As you know, my family, just like country, has reinforced its diversity. When she came to this country, my mother Columba did not speak English and still speaks English rarely. But as Senator Menendez said earlier tonight, diversity is one of America's most important strengths. That's how we strengthened our connections with the Hispanic community by understanding their concerns and worries about America's future. I am proud to be a member of the party that nominated Marco Rubio, the first Hispanic to be elected at the presidency of the United States of America. En America, nade es imposible.

Our President has accomplished something my uncle couldn't have, which is to reform our immigration system. After securing our borders, we reformed our immigration system, which gave access to U.S. citizenship for immigrants living in America, thus boosting our economy, gave them the chance to find a job and to accomplish the American Dream.

When my grandfather became Vice-President of the United States, serving under President Reagan, America inherited four years of uncertainty, recession caused by big government and an oil crisis and a relaunch of the Cold War caused by the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and a relaunch of the nuclear arms race between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. But by cutting taxes and regulations on the American people, Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush fixed that situation, reduced our inflation from 12 % to approximately 4 %, created 16 million jobs. By increasing defense spending, we reinforced our military, we prevented any nuclear attack against us thanks to the Strategic Defense Initiative and we took advantage against the Soviets when it comes to the race for nuclear weapons. That's how we won the Cold War.

Despite the crucial role of our military strength and arsenal in winning the Cold War, Bernie Sanders opposed the Strategic Defense Initiative even called for its elimination as well as for the elimination of B-2 bombers.

[Crowd boos]

Despite the seriousness of North Korea's nuclear threat, Senator Sanders was one of the only 2 senators to vote against the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act that was aimed at sanctioning the international firms that were transfering capitals to the regime of Kim Jong-un to finance North Korea's nuclear program to trigger a nuclear war on the Pacific.

[Crowd boos]

The moreover that states like Hawaii, Alaska, California, Oregon and the state of Washington are in the frontline against this threat. But President Rubio's courageous leadership that sanctioned these international firm controled by North Korea, cut off North Korea's crude oil supply, reinforced around the Pacific, created the Pacific Treaty Organization, reinforced our military presence there and established a anti-missile shield there, we took the upper hand against North Korea, reinforced stability in the Asia-Pacific region and are about to restore peace there.

When terrorist attacks of September 11 2001 occured under my uncle's watch as President of the United States, we were all shocked and traumatized. We were all solidary and we were all united as Americans in a common fight against a common ennemy which is radical Islamic terrorism. So we intervened militarily in Afghanistan to defeat Al Qaida and eliminate Osama Bin Laden, something we accomplished 10 years later. And I took part of this fight myself when I engaged in the U.S. Navy in 2007. It was the launch of the aircraft carrier named for my grandfather – the USS George H.W. Bush – that inspired me to join the service. So I served in Operation Enduring Freedom for eight months before coming back home in 2011. During all that time and even today, Bernie Sanders stood in the way of a stronger military, stood in the way of the defense of America's values such as freedom against terrorism and stood in the way of a safer America. Even shortly after 9/11, Bernie Sanders voted against giving law enforcement the tools they need to help stop international terror, establishing the Department of Homeland Security, against supporting our troops in the Middle East and against providing them the necessary material arsenal they need to combat terrorism.

[Crowd boos]

But throughout the last four years, we witnessed a return of American leadership. President Rubio strengthened our homeland security measures, rebuilt and modernized our military, reinforced and expanded our alliances and took the offensive against radical Islamic terrorism by intervening militarily in Syria and Iraq where we recaptured all of ISIS' terrirory, eliminated several of their officers and killed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

By getting India to join our troops in Afghanistan, President Rubio has, once again, accomplished something my uncle couldn't : leading us to total victory against ISIS, Al Qaida and the Taliban in this region thanks to our incredibly strong military power combined with India's. We are now finishing our duty to restabilize and rebuild Afghanistan and to train their armed forces in order to ensure this country's permanent security. Our troops in Afghanistan are about to come home and we restored peace and security in Afghanistan.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants Four more years! Four more years! Four more years!]

By supporting our allies in Africa and in the Middle East through the provision of all the military, material, intelligence and training support they needed, President Rubio helped our allies to defeat ISIS and Al Qaida in the Arabian peninsula, Somalia, North Africa, Nigeria and Cameroon, thus further reinforcing our security and accelerating our path to final victory against radical Islamic terrorism.

That is why we need to pursue and accomplish this fight for the sake of freedom, democracy, justice, security, stability and peace. We embrace freedom, we embrace strength and we embrace we embrace security. That's why we need to re-elect President Rubio and Vice-President Haley and they will lead us to victory, make sure we are leading for our freedom and our values will not be in vain, they will get us to restore peace through strength like the Reagan-Bush team did and they will keep America strong.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #877 on: April 22, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2019, 09:33:29 PM by UWS »

Day 3, Part 9

-Deb Fischer, Nebraska Senator
-Lea Marquez-Peterson, president of the Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
-John Sanchez, New Mexico Governor

Thank you. Thank you very much. Good evening.

I am John Sanchez, Governor of the great state of New Mexico. I am proud that New Mexico delivered a victory to Marco Rubio in 2016 and we will do so again this year in 2020.

The reason of my support for Marco Rubio is my belief in the American Dream. We have both been blessed by this great and wonderful nation. As a real estate agent, I started, after high school, Right Way Roofing, a small business in Albuquerque that was named Small Business of the Year by the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce due to our success in expanding opportunity, to innovate, to produce, to sell and to create jobs.

Marco Rubio was not born into wealth or privilege  and he did not grow up rich, and yet today he is President of the United States of America. He has lived the American Dream. He has walked in our shoes. That's why he made the restoration and the defense of the American Dream his top priority from Day One.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants Four more years! Four more years! Four more years!]

He did it by cutting burdensome taxes and regulations on the entire American people who now has a stronger purchasing power and consumes more than ever before. He did it by reforming our immigration system, which granted U.S. citizenship for immigrants across this country, including millions of Hispanics like those representing almost 60 % of New Mexico's population, helped them to find a job, to live free and prosperous and to live the American Dream.

While Bernie Sanders claimed to be in favor of immigration reform, he voted against it 13 years ago. His NAY vote at that time is one of the main reasons why the Immigration Reform Act of 2007 didn't pass while we had a great opportunity to fix our immigration system. So Senator Sanders voted against restoring and expanding opportunity for the American people.

[Crowd boos]

But thanks to the adoption of the Opportunity Act signed into law by President Rubio, we reinforced America's inclusiveness and diversity, allowed immigrants to contribute to our economic strength, to ensure their kids' access to education, and ensured that el sueño americano pertenece a cada Americano.

Despite the fact that New Mexico's economy is partly dependent on oil drilling, Bernie Sanders wants to start a war on American energy by increasing taxes and regulations on the energy industry, which will limit energy production and cause job losses. But our President's policies led us to energy independence by increasing the number of permits and liscenses on federal lands and federal lands and by approving the construction of new pipelines and he used a part of the revenues from oil drilling into the development of renewable energies, thus ensuring both job creation and clean environment. It was President Richard Nixon who was the first one to use the term « energy independence », but since Richard Nixon there hasn't been any U.S. president more successful on energy issues, energy independence and environmental issues than President Marco Rubio.

Even though free trade represents 20 % of New Mexico's economy and workforce, benefited to businesses across this nation as well as to our manufacturing industry and our auto industry, Bernie Sanders is a harsh opponent of free trade and his populist policies will kill American jobs by restricting America's competitiveness in the world economy and by increasing tariffs. President Rubio improved our trade policy by lowering tariffs, reducing taxes on manufacturing businesses as well as our corporate tax rate, thus making our free trade deals favorable to job creation here in America.

As he demonstrated in the last four years, President Rubio is the most qualified to be  President of the United States. He knows what it takes to restore, defend, reinforce and expand the American Dream. So I pledge to invest all my energy into this campaign to do everything I can to carry another victory for President Rubio in New Mexico and we will win all across the nation, and we will pursue this fight for the American Dream, get our country to full employment thanks to free enterprise, balance the budget and make our children better off than previous generations. America is the land of freedom and opportunity and will remain it under President Rubio's leadership.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #878 on: April 22, 2018, 02:49:50 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2019, 10:41:01 PM by UWS »

Day 3, Part 10

-Dean Heller, Nevada Senator

My fellow Republicans and fellow Americans, I am proud to introduce to you the Vice-President of the United States of America, Nikki Haley.

-Nikki Haley, Vice-President of the United States

Thank you. Thank you so very much. Thank you.

Mrs. Chairwoman, delegates and fellow Americans, I accept your nomination for Vice-President of the United States.

And yes, just like it helped our country to move forward and to get things done in the lastfour years, we will work hard together as Americans and give this campaign everything we've got and we will re-elect Marco Rubio for four more years for the sake of the American Dream, of America's greatness, security, prosperity and strength.

Just like it's the case for every presidential campaign, this one is about defending the American Dream and about the future. Thanks to the strong economic prosperity our country is now living, to the reinforcement of our national security as we are about to accomplish our fight against terrorism and to the defense of our God-given rights, America is now stronger than ever before. That's why 2020 is the most important election we've ever lived in our lifetime and that's why we need to secure our future, our children's future and our grandchildren's future to make sure they will inherit an America that is much stronger, more prosperous, freer and safer than ever before.

My parents emigrated here in America from Amritsar District, Punjab, India. My family moved to Canada after my father received a scholarship offer from the University of British Columbia. When he received his PhD degree in 1969, he moved his family to South Carolina, where he accepted a position as a professor at historically black Voorhees College. My mother earned a master's degree in education and taught for seven years in the Bamberg public schools before starting a clothing business, Exotica International. One of my brothers, Mitti, proudly served our country in the United States Army Chemical Corps, serving in the Operation Desert Storm and defending our country against terror and tyranny. My parents believed in the promise of America and fought for it throughout their entire life to make sure their children can do everything previous generations couldn't have done, including becoming the first woman and first Indian-American to be elected at the Vice-Presidency of the United States of America like I did, serving with the first Hispanic President.

Marco Rubio's parents came here from Cuba in 1956 during Batista's dictatorship in quest of better economic opportunities and living conditions. They were living paycheck to paycheck but they were successful thanks to the hard work of a bartender and a maid, thus making their children better off than they were.

Marco Rubio and I are both, as son and daughter of immigrants, blessed by the values and opportunities that America offers and that's why we both spent our entire lives and careers to defend the American Dream, including in the White House, and to do whatever it takes  to keep America strong and to make sure future generations will be the most prosperous generations of America. That's why I am proud that he selected me to be his Vice-President and that's why we celebrate opportunity.

We both know what it takes to create jobs and to grow the economy. Before being elected to the White House, Marco Rubio was a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and he used that experience at the White House and that made a great contribution in the strong economic progress made in the last four years. I myself worked in my mother's clothing business and was named to the board of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce before being named to the board of directors of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce and then treasurer and then president of the National Association of Women Business Owners. I know that America's economic prosperity requires making this country the best place in the world to start a business and that's exactly what President Rubio and I did and that's how our economy is much stronger than ever before.

When President Rubio and I took office, our country was suffering the slowest economy ever, too many Americans were living under poverty and were unemployed and we were heading into a recession. This was caused by eight years of big government imposing higher taxes and regulations on the American people and on businesses, which aweakened their purchasing power, caused job losses and overshiped jobs and companies overseas. That's why President Rubio delivered the largest tax reduction in history for all the American people, including the middle class, and all businesses across this country, including small businesses, abolished the consumption tax and doubled the child tax credit, thus increasing families' ability to raise their children and to prosper. As a result, the American people are earning more and consuming more, which reinforced the economy. Much more people are working today than ever before. By reducing the cost of doing business in America as well as America's corporate tax rate from 40 % to 15 %, we reinforced America's business owners' ability to start a business, to grow their business and to create jobs thanks to stronger ingenuity, innovation, production, entrepreneurship and hard work.

By clearing the way for public-private partnerships to fund infrastructure projects, we fixed America's infrastructure by developping new infrastructures, which facilitated economic activities and ensured the implementation of new businesses here in America while remaining while remaining fiscally responsible.

We fixed our health system by repealing and replacing Obamacare through the creation of an advanceable and refundable tax credit that all Americans are using to purchase health insurance, which increased credits annually and set the tax preference for employer-sponsored insurance on a glide path to ensure that it will equal the level of the credits within a decade. We adopted measures reforming insurance regulations to lower costs, encouraging innovation, and protecting the vulnerable to make sure those with pre-existing conditions have access to affordable care through mechanisms such as federally-supported, actuarially-sound and state-based high risk pools. And we preserved and reinforced Medicare and Medicaid by placing them on fiscally-sustainable paths, moving Medicaid into a per-capita block grant system and preserving funding for its recipients while freeing states from Washington mandates.

By taking the advantage of our own sources of energy through the promotion of oil production and drilling and the construction of new pipelines, President Rubio got America to energy independence and we are investing some of the revenues from oil drilling into the development of renewable energies, thus further encouraging job creation and giving us a clean environment.

Under President Rubio's leadership, we made America the most competitive country in the world economy thanks to the promotion of free trade and the ratification of new free trade deals with Europe, Latin America and India, which strengthened our economy by lowering tariffs and the cost of trading and allowing American business to make direct investments into foreign economies to produce goods at a lower cost in these environments, thus getting us much more international consumers who now have a better access to U.S. products. And by cutting taxes for our manufacturing industry, we brought American manufacturing jobs back.

By reforming our immigration system after securing our borders, we restored the American Dream by granting U.S. citizenship to immigrants around this nation as well as the opportunity to find work and to have access to higher education.

By promoting school choice, our Administration lowered the costs for families to ensure their children's access to education and produced higher outcomes compared to public education. It granted parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere. It expanded opportunities for low-income students to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce.

These are all policies that Bernie Sanders opposed as he seeks to increase the size of government as well as taxes on hard-working Americans and businesses, assault our nation's energy industry and bring us back to energy dependence and rip apart our trade deals, which will result to America's economic decline and an hemorrhage of job losses.

[Crowd boos]

Senator Sanders doesn't understand anything about the economy. He doesn't understand that government is the problem that caused the economic messes in the past. No wonder that he never ran a business. No wonder that he doesn't believe in capitalism, free enterprise and free market. But because we believe in these values, President Rubio and I turned this country around and our pro-growth and pro free enterprise policies created 12 million new jobs, reduced our unemployment rate from 5.6 % to 2.6 %, the lowest rate in over 50 years and reduced our national debt almost in half. In a second term, we will get this country to full-employment, balance our budget and use some of the future budget surpluses into the development of renewable energies and new infrastructures for the sake of job creation. That's why we are asking for your vote for the sake of your future and your children's future.

When President Rubio and I took office, America was facing strong terrorist threat caused by America's disengagement after our military suffered 8 years of cuts in defense spending, which allowed terrorists to threat us and our allies as well as our values such as freedom, democracy and gender equity. They attacked us in San Bernardino and Orlando. All of this was caused by weak foreign policy decisions supported by Bernie Sanders who fought time after time after time after time to gut our military and our intelligence system, thus lowering our guards against terrorism and allowing them to attack us.

[Crowd boos]

Bernie Sanders called for the shutdown of the Strategic Defense Initiative and of the B-2 bombers even though these were programs that were crucial in helping America to win the Cold War.

[Crowd boos]

In 1991, while Saddam Hussein was invading Kuwait and was in good position of dominating the Persian Gulf, Bernie Sanders opposed the Gulf War.

[Crowd boos]

While Vladimir Putin was invading Eastern Europe, Senator Sanders opposed NATO expansion in order to support our allies and to increase our efforts to defeat ISIS.

[Crowd boos]

And yet, he supported Montenegro's ascension as a new NATO member in 2017.

[Crowd laughs]

Even after 9/11, the deadliest terrorist attack our country has ever suffered, Senator Sanders opposed the Patriot Act, the creation of the Department of Homeland Security as well as any form of support to our brave men and women in uniform in their fight against radical Islamic terrorism. The moreover that he described the War in Afghanistan unwinnable while we have won under our leadership.

[Crowd boos]

Leadership, judgment and consistency are the most important qualities for the job of Commander-in-Chief in order to keep America safe. None of these qualities are qualities that define Bernie Sanders. President Rubio has the right foreign policy experience, judgment, leadership and knowledge to keep America safe. He has always been consistent and that's how we are winning the war against radical Islamic terrorism and other foreign policy threats.

By reinforcing our homeland security measures, allowing the Attorney General to block the transfer of weapons to suspected terrorists and increasing the FBI's and the CIA's counter-terrorism budgets, we prevented terrorist attacks against the United States and our allies and we stayed on offense against terrorism. By increasing our defense budget, strengthening and modernizing our military, reinforcing our alliances, cutting off terrorists's oil supply, arming the right groups in the Middle East through background checks on them and striking terrorists wherever they are, President Rubio orchestrated great victories against ISIS after we and our allies intervened militarily in Syria and Iraq where we reoccupied all of their territory, eliminated several of their officers and killed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

While it was clear that Pakistan wasn't fully siding with us in the fight against terrorism, President Rubio recognized the possible consequences and risks of reducing our annual aid to Pakistan. But he knew that was the right thing to do so he brought Republicans and Democrats together to temporarily reduce our aid to Pakistan to convince them to make stronger contributions in fighting terrorism in Afghanistan. It also convinced India, the country my parents came from and the fourth military power in the world, to deploy troops in Afghanistan to combat ISIS and Al Qaida. As Vice-president of the United States, I visited both India and Pakistan and convinced them that despite their differences they both suffered colonial opression and they have a common enemy, radical Islamic terrorism. As a result, we reinforced our relations with these countries and thanks to the combination of our military powers, we defeated Al Qaida, the Taliban and ISIS in this region and we eliminated Ayman al-Zawahiri in addition of finishing our job to rebuild Afghanistan and to train their army. Our troops will be coming home next year and we restored peace, stability and security in Afghanistan.

We reiterated that success in Egypt, the Arabian peninsula, North Africa, Nigeria and Cameroon by providing our local allies' armed forces the intelligence and military material, arsenal and training they needed. President Rubio helped us to take advantage against Iran by reinforcing sanctions against them in order to deprive them of the capitals they need to get nuclear weapons and to sponsor terrorism. And helped us to prevent any nuclear war with North Korea by increasing sanctions against international firms that transfered dollars aimed at financing their nuclear program, by cutting off North Korea's crude oil supply, by reinforcing our military presence in the Pacific and by establishing an anti-missile shield aimed to shut down any nuclear missile launched against us and our allies.

By pursuing our national security efforts and by investing into the modernization of our military through the development of the Air Force LRS-B program and of the Columbia-class submarine program, President Rubio will lead us to final victory against terrorism, give us definitive advantage against geopolitical foes such as North Korea and Russia and get the world to permanent security and peace through strength.

So my fellow Americans, America is stronger than ever before and will be even stronger in the next four years. We need your support to make sure we will keep working with both parties to get things done for the sake of our economy, our national security, our democracy and our freedom because we all have a common quest which is to reinforce and defend the promise of America, the land of opportunity where our children must and will accomplish everything previous generations couldn't have. We must be and we are on the right side of history and that's how we will pursue the progress that created jobs, kept us safe, kept us united and kept us free and that's why we need to re-elect President Rubio and that way he and I will keep America strong to make sure this country's future is great and bright.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #879 on: April 25, 2018, 08:10:18 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2019, 09:50:41 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 1

Monday, July 23-Keep America Great
-Bob Gates, former U.S. Secretary of Defense
-Kay Ivey, Alabama Governor
-Tim Scott, South Carolina
-Mike Huckabee, former Arkansas Governor and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008 and 2016

Thank you.

Just like you, I am deeply blessed by the values that America embraces such as freedom, democracy, freedom of , gender equity and opportunity. These are all values defended in the last four years by President Rubio and that's how we defended our country status as the greatest country in the world.

I had the chance to know Marco Rubio for many years, and I've never seen such a terrific, energetic, articulate and effective leader like him whether it's in the Florida House of Representatives, in the U.S. Senate or in the White House. As a principled conservative, he knows that our constitution and our rights need to be protected for the sake of our freedom and  prosperity.

Even though he once opposed gun control, Bernie Sanders supported prohibit the sale of firearms in order to restrict our people's right to self defense. But President Rubio managed to find common ground on that issue by allowing the Attorney General to block the transfer of firearms to suspected criminals and suspected terrorists, thus reducing gun violence and reinforcing our national security while defending the Second Amendment.

During my time as a pastor, my experience dealing every day with real people who were genuinely affected by policies created by government gave me a deep understanding of the fragility of the human spirit and vulnerability of so many families who struggled from week to week. As a strong supporter of the fair tax, I'm proud that our tax code is now fair for all Americans, including the middle class and lower income Americans thanks to the largest tax reduction we've ever known for all our citizens, to the double of the child tax credit, to the abolition of the consumption tax and to the reduction of regulations on businesses, thus making our consumers' purchasing power stronger, reinforcing consumption, making us the best business-friendly country in the world and encouraging job creation. The Rubionomics are successful, which led America to success and expanded opportunity.

Senator Sanders' tax plan will be unfair for the American people by increasing taxes and regulations on hard-working Americans and businesses, which will aweaken consumption, kill jobs and force businesses to ship overseas. But President Rubio understands that the right path to prosperity is the promotion of free enterprise, free market, small government and lower taxes. By following that path, we made our economy better than it was four years ago.

I believe in free and fair trade and I am proud that our President made our free trade deals fair for our workers by cutting taxes and regulations on manufacturing businesses, which bought manufacturing jobs back home and by reducing our corporate tax rate from forty percent to fifteen percent, which encouraged free and fair trade and ratified trade deals favorable for America and job creation here in this country through lower tariffs and stronger American competitiveness in the world economy.

We all know that one of the main reasons why terrorists vowed to destroy us is because we believe in freedom of speech, freedom of religion and freedom of press and gender equity. Our values are under siege imposed by terrorism. And yet Bernie Sanders would take the risk of lowering our guards against this threat by gutting our security measures as well as our military and by abandoning our allies. But there's no time for weakness. That's why President Rubio successfully fought to keep America safe by rebuilding and modernizing our military, standing with our allies and striking terrorists wherever they are hiding and that is how we defeated ISIS in Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, North Africa and almost in Syria. We are close to victory against ISIS.

While Senator Sanders supported the Iran nuclear deal that handed billions of dollars to the largest state-sponsor of terrorism, President Rubio established all the necessary sanctions to make sure Iran won't have the necessary capitals to sponsor and arm terrorist organizations, to get nuclear weapons and to destroy us and our allies, including Israel. As a result, we further reinforced our national security, prevented a nuclear war and defended freedom of religion.

Like we all do, Marco Rubio loves liberty, he loves the idea that people can work hard and believe in all the values that make America great. That's why we need to stand with President Rubio to keep America safe, prosperous, free, great and strong.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #880 on: April 25, 2018, 12:06:45 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2019, 09:57:23 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 2

-Barry Goldwater Jr., former U.S. Representative from California's 20th congressional district
-Kristi Noem, South Dakota Governor
-Ben Sasse, Nebraska Senator

Thank you. Thank you my friends.

America is the most exceptional nation in the history of the world because the U.S. Constitution is the best political document that has ever been written, because it says that God gives us rights by nature and government is just our shared project to secure those rights. Government should not should not be acting in its own interests but in the interests and needs of the American people, which is something President Rubio has always understood and brought us to strong economic prosperity.

Here is a demonstration of the effectiveness of small government. My home state of Nebraska has an unemployment rate at 1.5 % today, which is the lowest rate in the nation. You know how we got there? Because my friend Governor Pete Rickets believes in small government, kept Nebraskans' taxes low and supported President Rubio's decision to approve the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, encouraging job creation not only for Nerbraskans but for all Americans.

Bernie Sanders has a totally different view on the role of government as he seeks to increase taxes and regulations on hard-working Americans and businesses, get us back to energy dependence, restrict free trade and blow a hole in the deficit.

[Crowd boos]

Bernie Sanders seeks to promote a government of the government, by the government, for the government. But throughout the last four years, President Rubio stood for a principle which Abraham Lincoln fought for and made America great which is a government of the people, by the people, for the people.

As a result, we have the strongest economy in recent history with lower taxes for all Americans and businesses, stronger purchasing power, favorable environment for business and the creation of 12 million jobs.

By taking advantage of all of our sources of energy, President Rubio led us to energy independence through increased oil drilling and through the investment of a part of the revenues from oil drilling into the development of renewable energies instead of doing it by raising taxes. As a result we are now developping clean energies for the sake of job creation in additition of depriving terrorists of the revenues they were getting through our energy dependence and our energy imports from foreign countries in throes of terrorism.

Bernie Sanders doesn't understand that the best thing the United States can do to counter Chinese economic cheating is to lead the other eleven Pacific nations that believe in free trade and the rule of law. That's why President Rubio ratified the Trans-Pacific Partnership as well as the American Continent Free Trade Agreement, the Transatlantic Trade Investment Partnership and the U.S.-India Free Trade Agreement and I am proud to have supported these policies that resulted to a counterbalance China's trade power, to lower tariffs, to the return of American manufacturing jobs back to this country thanks to tax cuts for the manufacturing industry and to the creation of 4 million jobs thanks to the promotion of free market and free enterprise.

As a former advisor for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on national security issues, I know that America's security requires strong and effective security measures, a strong military and strong alliances. That's not the path that Bernie Sanders would follow as he wants to reduce the size of our military and our military power through cuts in our defense budget and in our intelligence budget. President Rubio kept us safe and free by increasing the FBI's counter-terrorism budget, strengthening our military and our alliances, arming the Kurds and intervening militarily in Syria and Iraq, thus sweeping all of ISIS' positions, eliminating Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in addition of eradicating radical Islamic terrorism in Afghanistan, North Africa and Somalia. We will win this war against and that requires the re-election of President Rubio for a second term.

So my friends, we need to mobilize and re-elect President Rubio and he will make sure that government will stand for what we believe, which is a government of people, by the people, for the people for the sake of our economy, our freedom and our security to make sure we'll get to full employment, permanency of the American Dream and total victory against terrorism.

Thank you. God bless you all and God bless the United States of America!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #881 on: April 26, 2018, 11:18:03 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2019, 09:57:47 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 3

-Jim Thome, former American baseball player
-Jerry Moran, Kansas Senator
-Dominick Rubio, Marco Rubio's son

Thank you.

As my father Marco Rubio has always said, we all owe a debt to America and it is to make sure that our generation and future generations will inherit a country in the rise through strong economy and national security. That is exactly what he gave us through his presidential leadership and that's how our country is moving forward.

During my mother's childhood, her mom struggled a lot and it was very difficult for her when she became a single mom since she had to figure out how to put food on the table, how to make sure they have access to electricity. During his childhood, my dad was raised paycheck to paycheck, my grand parents were not speaking English and they struggled to adapt in this new society. But thanks to the hard work of a bartender and a housekeeper, they prevailed and they made their children better off than they were, just like my dad made sure, as President, that our generation and the next generations to come are the most prosperous Americans that ever lived. He knows that free enterprise is the only economic system where this goal is possible.

As you know, me and my brother Anthony are fans of football just like our father who coached ourfootball team during the weekends. This is something we inherited from him. As he taught us at that time, sometimes in life we're going to win and sometimes things aren't going to go the way we like. That's why we must work together and fight for this and it will all work out.

Our father has once said that sports is among the best teachers of life's lessions. To be able to use situations in a game, win or lose, positive or negative, to take a kid aside and say what just happened wasn't only about football. We're going to face something like this in life. We need to remember the lesson we learned that day and reinforce that for us. What's important for young people like me and what we all understand is that we all have a passion for something and it's whatever we want to do with our talents and ability and we must pursue that. This is a country where anybody can do that. That is exactly the leadership my father used as President to make sure that we as well as future generations earn all the opportunities that previous generations couldn't have. You know why? Because the reason why Marco Rubio is running is because he has a sense of passion and commitment about America. That's why me, my brother, my 2 sisters and my mom Jeanette are on the road with him and are actively campaigning for him because we love our dad too much to be on the sidelines just like he loves us as well as every single American from the buttom to the top and from the middle to the side.

So as President, he invested his energy to ensure that all Americans can earn the opportunity to find a good-paying job and to restore America's status as the land of opportunity. He did by reducing taxes for all Americans, which made their purchasing power stronger, reinforced consumption, made busineses competitive again and encouraged strong job creation. He also did by promoting school choice which is now costing families, including these immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, less and produce higher outcomes compared to public education. It granted parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere. It expanded opportunities for low-income students—especially minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to higher-income families, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce. And my father also worked to expand opportunity by reforming our immigration system, granting U.S. citizenship for immigrants across this country and giving them a fair chance to find a good-paying job, to live free and to prosper here in America, the land of opportunity.

And in order to keep America safe and free, my dad also invested his energy to combat terrorism and he did by rebuilding our military, working with America's allies and putting terrorists on defense, which is leading us to victory against terrorism. As a result, he ensured that kids like me as well as future generations can grow up in a safe and free country and inherit a world of peace.

Our parents have always taught us the principles and values that make America a special and great nation. Because being in America is a gift. When you grow up as children of parents like Marco and Jeanette Rubio, you develop a special appreciation for how blessed we are to live in this great country called the United State of America.

Just like it's the case in football, America is a team and that's why we have to support that team. That's why we all need to work together as a team to re-elect my dad Marco Rubio for four more years and we will make sure that the progress our country made in the last four years that brought strong job creation and economic prosperity, kept us safe against terrorism and defended the American people's freedom will continue in the next four years and that way we will get to full-employment, total victory against our geopolitical foes, lead America and the whole world to permanent peace and freedom and guarantee that we can do all the things previous generations couldn't have done thanks to the preservation of the American Dream.

Thank you. God bless you all and God bless the United States of America!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #882 on: April 26, 2018, 01:29:41 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2019, 09:58:28 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 4

-Lamar Alexander, Tennessee Senator and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 1996 and 2000
-Peter King, U.S. Representative from New York's 2nd congressional district
-Lee Greenwood, singer and author of God Bless the U.S.A.

Thank you. Thank you my fellow Americans.

God Bless the U.S.A.!

Just like all of you, I am proud to be an American because I know I'm free. I am proud to be a patriot because I love this country as well a all the values this great and beautiful nation offers such as freedom, democracy, freedom of press, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, gender equity and opportunity. And I am proud to cherish the values that made America great such as free enterprise and strong national defense. These are all values defended by our President Marco Rubio, which resulted to the preservation of the American Dream, to a stronger economy, stronger national security and stronger defense of our constitutional rights.

When President Rubio took office, our economy was heading into a recession due to 8 years  of big government, which is a philosophy defended by Bernie Sanders. So President Rubio reduced taxes and regulations for all Americans, including the middle class, and for all businesses in addition of doubling the child tax credit, which encouraged consumption thanks to a stronger purchasing power and made America the best place inthe world to do business and encouraged strong job creation and strong economic prosperity that brought our unemployment rate from 5.6 % to 2.6 %.

By encouraging energy production, President Rubio got us to energy independence and we took advantage of all our sources of energy for the sake of our economy and our environment. By promoting free trade, our president ratified free trade agreements with Europe, Latin America and India, which favored job creation for Americans thanks to lower tariffs, tax cuts for our manufacturing industry and expanded access to U.S. products for international consumers thanks to lower prices for these products in addition of making us number one in auto production again.

President Rubio managed to solve our nation's infrastructure troubles by promoting public-private partnerships to fund infrastructure projects, thus making economic activities easier and favoringthe implementation of new businesses here in America. And thanks to the approval of the Opportunity Act, we reinforced America' status as an inclusive nation and as the land of opportunity by reforming our immigration system, thus guaranteeing U.S. citizenship for immigrants in quest of opportunity and helpingthemto accomplish their dreams by granting them the opportunity to have access to higher education andto find a good-paying job. As a result, we not only strengthened our economy but also restored the American Dream.

Four years ago, America was facing strong terrorist threat caused by our early withdrawal from the fight against terrorism and by the absence of American leadership. North Korea's nuclear threat reached paroxysm. We lost loved ones during the terrorist attacks committed by ISIS in San Bernardino and Orlando. But President Rubio reversed that situation by restoring American leadership

He helped our country to take advantage against North Korea by sanctioning firms that transfered money to Kim Jong-un's regime to fund the development of their nuclear arsenal, by reinforcing our military presence in the Pacific, reinforcing our local alliances, contributing to the creation of the PTO and by establishing an anti-missile shield in that region to take down any North Korean nuclear missile launched against us.

President Rubio reinforced our national security by committing to unconditional and total victory against terrorism for the sake of our freedom and democracy.That's why he increaed our security measures, rebuilt and modernized our military, strengthened our alliances, took on ISIS' oil refinerie,armed the right militant groups in the Middle East through background checks on them and took the courageous decision to intervene militarily in Syria and Iraq where we swept allof ISIS' positions, put them on defense and killed their leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

In addition we are now rebuilding Syria where we restored democracy and where their new armed forces will soon be fully ready to take the responsibility of the security of their nation thanks to the military training we are providing them.

Thanks to his diplomatic skills, President Rubio got India to actively join us in Afghanistan by sending troop there to combat terrorism, which has, thanks to the courage of troops of the first and fourth military powers, defeated ISIS, the Taliban and Al Qaida in the region,thus ffinally restoring stability, peace and freedom there. America and our allies have won the War in Afghanistan.

And thanks to the support we gave to our allies through the provision of the intelligence and military arsenal, material and training they needed, we helped them to vanquish terrorism in Egypt, Yemen, North Africa, Nigeria, Cameroon and Somalia. We are near from our final and decisive victory against terrorism and that's why we need to support President Rubio to make sure we will accomplih this victory for the sake of our values, our freedom, our security and to accomplish peace through strength.

And just like you, I won't forget the men and women who died and who did so to defend our country and our freedom. Thanks to the progress made in the last four years, those deaths are not in vain. Together, as American, we need to pursue this fight for America's greatness, freedom, justice, security, unity and prosperity and that's how we're going to get to full-employment for all Americans, to total victory against terrorism, to permanent peace and to the permanency of the American Dream in order to secure that bright future for our children and grandchildren. In order to get there, I will, just like you, gladly stand up next to you and defend America still today because there's no doubt I love this land. And we'll do all of this by re-electing President Rubio to keep America great, safe, prosperous and strong.

So my friends, let's come together to express our patriotism as well as our passion, admiration and love for America.

[Crowd cheers and applauds as Lee Greenwood's band comes on the stage to perform Greenwood's God Bless the U.S.A.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

If tomorrow all the things were gone. I worked for all my life. And I had to start again with just my children and my wife. I thank my lucky stars to be living here today 'cause the flag still stands for freedom. And they can't take that away.

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today 'cause there ain't no doubt I love this land. God Bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota to the hills of Tennessee, across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea, from Detroit down to Houston and New York to L.A where's pride in every American heart and it's time we stand and say

That I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today 'cause there ain't no doubt I love this land. God Bless the U.S.A.

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today 'cause there ain't no doubt I love this land. God Bless the U.S.A.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #883 on: April 27, 2018, 09:11:41 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2019, 10:34:23 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 5

-Colin Powell, former Secretary of State
-Ben Shapiro, conservative political commentator
-Thomas Kean, Chair of the 9/11 Commission and former New Jersey Governor

Thank you. Thank you Las Vegas.

I'm here to express my pride to the fact that we are about to accomplish our duty and commitment to keep America safe against terrorism thanks to President Rubio's strong national security policy. And that's why we need to stand with him to keep America strong.

Almost 20 years ago, on September 11 2001, America lived one of its darkest days in history when two airplanes controled by Al Qaida destroyed the World Trade Center, when another plane controlled by these terrorists hit the Pentagon and when passengers of Flight 93 sacrificed their lives  by making crash this plane in Pennsylvania, thus stoping the terrorists from orchestrating another terrorist attack. This day, we lost 3000 of our fellow Americans, but we stood up together, as Americans, to fight radical Islamic terrorism and we eliminated the perpetrators  of these terrorist attack, including Bin Laden.

After 9/11, it was clear that we had to take the lessons of this massive terrorist attack in order to make sure it won't happen again. So I was named as Chair of the 9/11 Commission in order to find out the solutions to follow to prevent any terrorist attack against the United States. And the primary conclusion of this commission was that the FBI and the CIA did not have the necessary tools to prevent the 9/11 attacks because their counter-terrorism budget and their intelligence budget in general were gutted in the years preceding 2001. And yet, Bernie Sanders doesn't seem to understand the lessons of 9/11 since he seeks to restore the same failed foreign policy and same failed national security that gave us these terrorist attacks.

[Crowd boos]

Even after 9/11, Bernie Sanders voted against giving law enforcement the tools they need to prevent terrorist attacks, voted against the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and voted against providing our troops the necessary arsenal and  equipment they need to combat terrorism.

[Crowd boos]

And one of the main reasons why the terrorist attacks in San Bernardino and Orlando as well as in Paris, Nice and Brussels occured is because the previous administration reduced the intelligence budget  by $15 billion, thus allowing terrorists to attack us and to threaten our values. These were all intelligence budget cuts that Bernie Sanders supported.

[Crowd boos]

Fortunately, under President Rubio's leadership, we took advantage against terrorists. He kept America safe by increasing the counter-terrorism budgets of the FBI and the CIA, reinforcing our Homeland Security, creating the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office to counter attempts by terrorists or other threat actors to get weapons of mass destruction and by reinforcing the use of biometric collection data, which is a measure that helped us to find and eliminate Ayman al-Zawahiri last month.

President Rubio is leading us to victory against terrorism thanks to a reinforcement and modernization of our military, enlargement of our alliances and military action against ISIS in Syria and Iraq, which deprived ISIS of its oil refineries, swept all of ISIS' positions, contributed to the success of the operation that eliminated Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, ensured our victory in the War in Afghanistan and gave us the same successes in Yemen, Egypt, Libya, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon and Somalia.

The Rubio Doctrine is successful and made America safer and stronger than ever before and that's why I call on you to mobilize to ensure our President's re-election to make sure we'll accomplish our fight to defeat radical Islamic terrorism, to make America's security permanent and to ensure the restoration of global peace for the sake of our values, freedom and democracy. That requires strength, solidarity with our allies and the preservation of American leadership credit, which President Rubio and Vice-President Haley followed in the last four and will keep following in the next four years to make sure we will be victorious.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #884 on: April 27, 2018, 12:29:44 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2019, 10:00:36 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 6

-Steve Forbes, Editor-in-Chief of Forbes and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 1996 and 2000
-Mark Amodei, U.S. Representative from Nevada's 2nd congressional district
-Dan Coats, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations

Thank you. Thank you my fellow Republicans.

I spent my life defending our nation against its geopolitical foes as a Staff seargant in the U.S. Army, as U.S. Ambassador to Germany, as a U.S. Senator and today as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations where we and our allies worked hard together to accomplish our common goals which are to defeat terrorism, to promote democracy, defend human rights and maintain and reinforce peace.

And I am proud to be a member of the National Security Council of President Rubio, the agent of peace, freedom, justice and security.

Four years ago, on December 2016, shortly before President Rubio took office, Bachar al-Assad's regime ordered the Syrian Air Forces to deliberately bombed the water sources of the Syrian city of Wadi Barada in December 2016 in an effort to claim that the local Syrian rebels sabotaged or demolished the Wadi Barada water supply, thus depriving the towns throughout the Rif Dimashq Governorate of drinking water. Then, the U.N. investigation concluded that the attack amounted to the war crime of attacking objects indispensable for the survival of the civilian population, and further violated the principle of proportionality in attacks. So we all understood that Bachar al-Assad, a puppet of Vladimir Putin, could not be trusted to fight ISIS and that his regime's oppressive and repressive acts against the Syrian did nothing but creating more terrorism by pushing more people to radicalization and jihadism. And yet, Bernie Sanders opposed any action to stop this insanity and claimed that it would be against the interests of the United Nations. But we earned the support of the U.N. and we and our allies agreed to intervene militarily in Syria and Iraq to fight ISIS and to restore democracy in Syria.

That's why President Rubio kept his pledge to rebuilt and modernize our military to make sure we have all the necessary tools to defeat terrorism and when Congress approved our military action against ISIS, we immediately deployed all the necessary troops and arsenal to defeat ISIS. As a result, we reoccupied their turf, cut off their sources of supply and killed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

We armed the right groups in the Middle East through background checks on them to help them fighting ISIS who was leading genocides against the Kurdish people and we defeated Assad and his armed forces, thus restoring democracy, justice, stability and integrity in Syria.

We and our allies in the United Nations agreed to invest into the rebuilding of Syria in order to ensure its stability, to make sure the Syrian people has access to all the services they need and to train their new armed forces to make them fully prepared to take responsibility of their country's security. As a result, Syria is now democratic, stabilized and safer than ever before. We gave Syria back to Syrians.

In order to make sure we convince Pakistan to give more efforts to fight terrorism in Afghanistan, President Rubio took the wise decision to reduce our annual aid to them and helped us to get India to join us in Afghanistan by sending ground troops there, which led us and our allies to victory against Al Qaida, the Taliban and ISIS in this country devastated by 40 years of war and corruption and where we finally restored peace, security, stability and justice. We are finishing our job to train the Afghan army and we are about to complete our mission in Afghanistan by next year. President Rubio's leadership helped us to make a step closer to global peace.

Bernie Sanders has demonstrated his lack of foreign policy judgment by supported the Iran nuclear deal that handed billions of dollars to the world's largest state-sponsor of terrorism, dollars that were used by the Iranian government to develop nuclear weapons used to strike us and our allies, including Israel, which would have caused a nuclear war.

[Crowd boos]

President Rubio respected the United Nations' goal to get the world to a non-nuclear Iran and so he toughened sanctions against Iran in order to deprive them of the money they need to sponsor terrorism and to get nuclear weapons and we are now working to convince Iran to use their nuclear energy not for military purposes but for the economic interests of the Iranian people.

While Bernie Sanders opposed sanctioning North Korea to stop them from triggering an arms race and a nuclear war in the Pacific, President Rubio worked with our allies to execute all the necessary pressure on North Korea to force Kim Jong-un to back down. Together, we and our allies in the U.N. cut off North Korea's crude oil supply as the transfer of money from their international firm, thus weakening their military and their nuclear arsenal. And by establishing anti-missile to derail any attempt by North Korea to strike us and our allies, we prevented war in the region. Together, we will prevail and the Pacific Ocean will remain pacific.

President Rubio's leadership restored our allies' trust towards America, which reinforced our alliances and led us to several victories our foreign policy challenges, to expand democracy in countries like Cuba and Venezuela and reinforced our economic prosperity through the promotion of free trade. And I am proud to have successfully defended his foreign policy in the United Nations and I call on you to stand with this great leader to ensure that in a second term, we will get the world to a non-nuclear North Korea, to a non-nuclear Iran, to victory against terror, to prosperity, to freedom and peace.

Thank you. God bless you, God bless our allies and God bless America!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #885 on: April 29, 2018, 09:39:42 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2019, 10:01:25 PM by UWS »

Day 4, Part 7

-Candace Owens, conservative commentator
-Bob Beckwith, retired member of the New York City Fire Department
-Greg Gianforte, Montana Senator
-Cory Gardner, Colorado Senator (introducing President Marco Rubio)

Thank you.

Before I introduce President  Marco Rubio, I want to remind you that like he has always said, his story of becoming an American citizen is the story of all the American people. As our leader, he has built a more than perfect Union and that's how our country is now greater, freer, safer and more prosperous than ever before.

I am of Irish, English, German and Austrian descent. I was raised in Yuma, a small town on the Eastern Plains of Colorado where my family has owned a farm implement dealership for over a century. And it is in college that I switched from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party. The reason why I became a Republican is because I believe we can't afford to more so-called solutions to our problems that will result to more problems such as job-killing higher taxes, more bureaucracy and bigger government as Bernie Sanders suggests. America's prosperity requires the promotion of free enterprise.

Working at my family's implement business and the National Corn Growers Association taught me that the right solution to our problems is to make America the best place in the world to do business and to defend the American Dream. That is exactly what President Rubio in the last four years. In order to restore America's strength, he cut taxes for all the American people and for all businesses, strengthening purchasing power, increasing businesses' ability to grow, to expand, to compete, to innovate, to produce, to sell and to create jobs. Under his leadership, we got America to energy independence by encouraging oil drilling and production and by using some of the revenues from oil drilling into the development of renewable energies. And thanks to the promotion of free trade through the ratification of free trade agreements with Europe, Latin America and India and through tax reductions for our manufacturing industry, we strengthened America's competitiveness in the world economy, lowered tariffs and made us the world's largest auto producer again. As a supporter of immigration reform, I am proud to have supported the Opportunity Act that President Rubio signed into law and granted immigrants across this country access to U.S. citizenship as well as the chance to get higher education and to find good-paying jobs. We can't afford to let Bernie Sanders spoil America's future. In a second term, President Rubio will get us to full employment, balance the budget and pursue this fight to defend America's status as the land of opportunity.

I became a Republican because I believe in American leadership, because I believe America must remain the leader of the free world for the sake of global security, freedom, stability and peace. As Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on East Asia, the Pacific, and International Cybersecurity Policy, I led, along with Marco Rubio, the effort to impose broad new sanctions against North Korea, as the regime continues to be a leading abuser of human rights and its reckless advancement of nuclear weapons threatens our national security. After that, under President Rubio's leadership, we went even further by sanctioning the firms around the world serving as financial intermediaries to the North Korean regime to develop their nuclear arsenal, by depriving them of crude oil supply, by reinforcing our military presence on the Pacific, by creating the Pacific Treaty Organization with our allies and by establishing an anti-missile shield shutting down any North Korean missile launched against us and our allies. fort to impose broad new sanctions against North Korea, as the regime continues to be a leading abuser of human rights and its reckless advancement of nuclear weapons threatens our national security.

These are all policies that Bernie Sanders opposed despite the fact that these policies were crucial in helping America to take advantage against North Korea in the context of North Korea's nuclear threat.

[Crowd boos]

We can't afford weakness like Bernie Sanders seeks to promote because weakness means America's disengagement and surrender as well as a sign that terrorists will seize as an opportunity to conduct terrorist attacks against us and our allies and to threat our values. But thanks to a Republican Congress and to a Republican president like President Rubio, we brought this country in the right direction thanks to the promotion of America's strength. We committed ourselves to the preservation of our armed forces' status as the most powerful military on Earth.

We did it by growing our defense budget to ensure the modernization of our military as well a our troops' full readiness and by reinforcing our alliances. And together, along with our allies, we took military action against ISIS in Syria and Iraq, recaptured all their territory and eliminated their leader. We managed to defeat terrorism in Afghanistan after getting India to join us there. We defeated ISIS in Egypt, in the Arabian peninsula, North Africa, Somalia, Cameroon and Nigeria thanks to the military and intelligence support we provided our allies and we deprived Iran of the money they need to sponsor terrorism and to get nuclear arms by restoring sanctions against them. We are close to victory against terror and that's what President Rubio will accomplish in his second term.

President John F. Kennedy has once said that the question was not what the government could do for you but what you can do for your country. Today, the answer is what we can do for our country is to make sure that our children and grandchildren will be the most prosperous generation of Americans that ever lived by accomplishing our path to full-employment thanks to tax reform, low government, fiscal responsibility and free enterprise and by accomplishing our duty to defeat terrorism and to restore peace through strength and that requires the re-election of President Rubio to keep America strong and to make sure the American Dream will always be possible for every single American.

-Broadcasting of the RNC introduction video to President Marco Rubio's speech
Junior Chimp

« Reply #886 on: April 29, 2018, 03:14:42 PM »

This timeline is incredibly unrealistic, having the president's party gain 11 seats in the Senate does not happen, no matter what. Also, Rubio wouldn't be so popular and be the beloved Washington/Lincoln you portray him as.

Rubio was labelled as the 2nd Ronald Reagan so why wouldn't he be that popular?

This Timeline is actually very close to the original Ronald Reagan Presidency and that is what UWS probably wants.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #887 on: April 29, 2018, 05:23:12 PM »

This timeline is incredibly unrealistic, having the president's party gain 11 seats in the Senate does not happen, no matter what. Also, Rubio wouldn't be so popular and be the beloved Washington/Lincoln you portray him as.

This Timeline is actually very close to the original Ronald Reagan Presidency and that is what UWS probably wants.
Ok, UWS sockpuppet, did Reagan ever gain 11 seats in the Senate in his midteem? No

Besides, Rubio is a slime and a boring, lying politician. He would actually lose to Hillary.
Trump beat Hillary so any Republican could beat Hillary and also Rubio wasn't boring nor a smile
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #888 on: April 29, 2018, 05:44:22 PM »

Probably because Reagan had a ~43% approval rating by the time the 1982 midterm rolled around, and a 47% approval rating when the '86 midterms happened? This isn't the second coming of Ronald Reagan, this is a wank timeline. With unnecessarily detailed conventions. I admire UWS's dedication to what must be tedious fictional speechwriting, but I wish it were more realistic.

It's his timeline though.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #889 on: April 29, 2018, 06:22:15 PM »

Ok, UWS sockpuppet, did Reagan ever gain 11 seats in the Senate in his midteem? No

Besides, Rubio is a slime and a boring, lying politician. He would actually lose to Hillary.
Trump beat Hillary so any Republican could beat Hillary and also Rubio wasn't boring nor a smile
Trump was the best not the worst Republican candidate.

Lol, he wasn't the best (but also not the worse).
Who was worse than Trump with electability?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #890 on: April 29, 2018, 06:45:41 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2019, 11:42:11 AM by UWS »

Actually Rubio defeats Clinton because he does better among Hispanics than Trump, which helps him to win Colorado and Nevada.

And the reason how he won Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Pennsylvania is that promised to promote free trade while cutting taxes on manufacturing industry in order to avoid job losses and to make free trade fairer for American workers.

Rubio also won Pennsylvania by promising to end the War on Coal and to promote clean coal technology since Pennsylvania's is, for an important part, based on coal.

And let me remind you thst one of the main reasons your 2016 candidate Hillary Clinton lost in 2016 is because she is corrupt and a liar. Clinton used a private email server while she was Secretary of State and deleted 30 000 emails to hide the truth from the people. And she let 4 brave Americans die in Benghazi because of security lapses in embassy security there and she lied to the families of the Benghazi victims about the purposes of the attacks time after time after time, telling them a video was responsible while she knew this is a radical Islamic terrorist attack. And she even answered to Congress "What difference at this point does it make?" about the purposes of these attacks, which proved that she could not be trusted to keep America safe and that she doesn't care about national security and so she lost the 2016 election.

So this scenario is quite realistic.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #891 on: April 29, 2018, 06:50:03 PM »

Actually Rubio wins because he does better among Hispanics than Trump, which helps him to win Colorado and Nevada. And the reason how he won Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Pennsylvania is that promised to promote free trade while cutting taxes on manufacturing industry in order to avoid job losses and to make free trade fairer for American workers. Rubio also won Pennsylvania by promising to end the War on Coal and to promote clean coal technology since Pennsylvania's is, for an important part, based on coal.

THE PRESIDENT'S PARTY DOES NOT GAIN 11 SEATS IN THE SENATE IN A MIDTERM, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.

And yet the Democrats had so many seats to defend in deeply conservative states like Montana, North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana and West Virginia. And the Republicans recruited several strong candidates in the toss-ups states like John Kasich in Ohio, Rick Scott in Florida, Susana Martinez in New Mexico, etc.

So don't lecture me about being realistic.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #892 on: April 29, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »

Trump was the best not the worst Republican candidate.

Lol, he wasn't the best (but also not the worse).
Who was worse than Trump with electability?

Gilmore and Pataki would both have lost if they were nominated.

Carson would also do worse than Trump, I guess.
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #893 on: April 29, 2018, 06:54:55 PM »

Actually Rubio wins because he does better among Hispanics than Trump, which helps him to win Colorado and Nevada. And the reason how he won Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Pennsylvania is that promised to promote free trade while cutting taxes on manufacturing industry in order to avoid job losses and to make free trade fairer for American workers. Rubio also won Pennsylvania by promising to end the War on Coal and to promote clean coal technology since Pennsylvania's is, for an important part, based on coal.

THE PRESIDENT'S PARTY DOES NOT GAIN 11 SEATS IN THE SENATE IN A MIDTERM, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.

And yet the Democrats had so many seats to defend in deeply conservative states like Montana, North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana and West Virginia. And the Republicans recruited several strong candidates in the toss-ups states like John Kasich in Ohio, Rick Scott in Florida, Susana Martinez in New Mexico, etc.

Condi Rice winning a senate race in California seems unrealistic and Susanna Martinez is currently underwater in approval ratings.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #894 on: April 29, 2018, 07:00:09 PM »

Take it to him UWS.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #895 on: April 29, 2018, 07:00:52 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2018, 07:05:27 PM by UWS »

Condi Rice winning a senate race in California during a midterm year seems unrealistic and Susanna Martinez is currently underwater in approval ratings.

I know it's not quite similar to the example that I will give you but this is like saying that Doug Jones couldn't have won in Alabama. I estimated that Rice's pro-choice stance would please California voters and if I'm not wrong she's also in favor of gay marriage while Feinstein is not well seen among hard-core progressive voters since Feinstein supports the Patriot Act and called Edward Snowden a traitor. The moreover that she opposes a universal healthcare system.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #896 on: April 29, 2018, 07:01:55 PM »

THE MAP DOES NOT MATTER, 11-SEAT PICKUP IN A PRESIDENT'S MIDTERM NEVER HAPPENS!!!

2-3 maybe, BUT NOT 11!!!

And yet Obama lost 8 Senate Seats in the 2014 MidTerms...
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #897 on: April 29, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »

Condi Rice winning a senate race in California during a midterm year seems unrealistic and Susanna Martinez is currently underwater in approval ratings.

I know it's not quite similar to the example that I will give you but this is like saying that Doug Jones couldn't have won in Alabama. I estimated that Rice's pro-choice stance would please California voters and if I'm not wrong she's also in favor of gay marriage while Feinstein is not well seen among hard-core progressive voters since Feinstein supports the Patriot Act and called Edward Snowden a traitor. The moreover that she opposes a universal healthcare system.
Does Martinez have higher approval ratings in this timeline?
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #898 on: April 29, 2018, 07:07:53 PM »

THE MAP DOES NOT MATTER, 11-SEAT PICKUP IN A PRESIDENT'S MIDTERM NEVER HAPPENS!!!

2-3 maybe, BUT NOT 11!!!

And yet Obama lost 8 Senate Seats in the 2014 MidTerms...
It was 9 seats, but the president's party losing many seats in a midterm election is unrelated to how it is possible for the president's party to gain a large amount of seats during midterm elections.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #899 on: April 29, 2018, 07:09:27 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2018, 07:13:26 PM by UWS »

Does Martinez have higher approval ratings in this timeline?

Yes, because that I think the reason why she is unpopular in real life is that she didn't support Donald Trump.

But in this timeline, she enthusiastically supported Marco Rubio as the nominee since he's a more competent and convenient Republican candidate and due to their shared views on immigration reform.

She also won the senatorial race in New Mexico thanks to the Hispanic vote but of course it was close.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies