MW: Canadian Provinces Renaming Act of 2014 (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:25:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MW: Canadian Provinces Renaming Act of 2014 (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MW: Canadian Provinces Renaming Act of 2014 (Passed)  (Read 1465 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 03:19:49 PM »

I understand that.  But why aren't you renaming all of Canada's provinces?
Because they aren't "territories under limited jurisdictional authority [aka the Midwest]." This map is right off the Wiki page and while the Midwest page itself does not include the 3 Canadian provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, our government still has some authority over them and one of those includes to rename them. We're not asking to rename provinces that are in other regions like British Columbia or Quebec because the Pacific and Northeast could do those, respectively if they choose as can other regions who have provinces under their jurisdiction.

Where did you get the idea that you have ANY authority over those provinces?  Where do you get the idea that that authority gives you the authority to rename them?  These provinces are not at all under your jurisdiction in any form whatsoever.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 03:34:23 PM »

I understand that.  But why aren't you renaming all of Canada's provinces?
Because they aren't "territories under limited jurisdictional authority [aka the Midwest]." This map is right off the Wiki page and while the Midwest page itself does not include the 3 Canadian provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, our government still has some authority over them and one of those includes to rename them. We're not asking to rename provinces that are in other regions like British Columbia or Quebec because the Pacific and Northeast could do those, respectively if they choose as can other regions who have provinces under their jurisdiction.

Where did you get the idea that you have ANY authority over those provinces?  Where do you get the idea that that authority gives you the authority to rename them?  These provinces are not at all under your jurisdiction in any form whatsoever.
It wasn't me who had done that. These states from the Midwest have been renamed since 2008-2009. And I guess nothing in the Atlasia Constitution forbides the Midwest to find nicknames for its regions Tongue.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »

windjammer, you are completely missing the point.  I understand why the Midwest wants to rename states that are part of the Midwest region, but why would you want to rename areas that don't even belong to the Midwest, but rather, belong to another country?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 03:41:39 PM »

windjammer, you are completely missing the point.  I understand why the Midwest wants to rename states that are part of the Midwest region, but why would you want to rename areas that don't even belong to the Midwest, but rather, belong to another country?
It's not officially renaming these regions. "Shall be known". I don't think it's forbidden seriously!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 03:48:52 PM »

It's not officially renaming these regions. "Shall be known". I don't think it's forbidden seriously!

Yeah, it's not forbidden, but I don't think most people understand what the ACCMA actually does.  You've got people talking about "authority over" the provinces, and stuff like that.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 03:50:45 PM »

Yeah, it's not forbidden, but I don't think most people understand what the ACCMA actually does.  You've got people talking about "authority over" the provinces, and stuff like that.
Seriously you're right! I hope your amendment will pass! The Canada reform seems to have been massively misunderstood!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »

Seriously you're right! I hope your amendment will pass! The Canada reform seems to have been massively misunderstood!

I mean, I think the whole bill should just be scrapped, but that's jut my opinion.  It's pretty clear Adam doesn't understand what the law does.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »

I mean, I think the whole bill should just be scrapped, but that's jut my opinion.  It's pretty clear Adam doesn't understand what the law does.
Adam?
Seriously, I still believe it would better to pass this bill. There are some people in these regions, and I wouldn't want to have to invalidate their vote! Protection is better than a cure!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 04:00:03 PM »

Adam?
Seriously, I still believe it would better to pass this bill. There are some people in these regions, and I wouldn't want to have to invalidate their vote! Protection is better than a cure!

Adam FitzGerald.

Why would you have to invalidate the votes of anybody if this bill didn't pass?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »

Adam?

Adam FitzGerald.

Because some voters would be from these states! If the Midwest doesn't recognize them, what should I do? Do you understand my concern?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 04:03:52 PM »

As a Northeasterner and part-time Southron, I'd like to state my support for this bill as well as the original name of Fidelty, because it's funnier.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2014, 04:08:33 PM »

Adam?

Adam FitzGerald.

Because some voters would be from these states! If the Midwest doesn't recognize them, what should I do? Do you understand my concern?

1. It doesn't matter if the Midwest doesn't recognize them; federal law requires it.
2. Even if this bill is passed (with my amendment), it wouldn't explicitly recognize voters from those provinces; it would just require that on government documents, you use the new names.

Not only is your concern invalid, but your "solution" doesn't actually fix the non-existent problem that you are worried about.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2014, 02:25:36 PM »

You raise a good point Inks!
I will sign this bill, because at worst this is unnecessary, at best, it might avoid some problems.

I guess Arturo can call a vote now?
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »

I hereby call a 48-hour vote.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »

Thank you Arturo!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »

Aye
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 06:11:04 AM »

Aye
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2014, 09:18:49 AM »

Present
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2014, 09:50:15 AM »

This bill passes!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2014, 09:39:25 AM »

Can't believe I forgot about this, but thank you comrades!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 09:43:38 AM »

You're welcome TNF!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies