MLB stretch run and playoffs thread. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:39:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  MLB stretch run and playoffs thread. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MLB stretch run and playoffs thread.  (Read 5716 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 03, 2012, 02:06:31 AM »

Cub fan says-Give 'em another half a century or so
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 11:48:50 PM »

Braves fans:the people making sure Dodger fans aren't the worst in baseball
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:19:57 AM »

No they wouldn't have.  A good fanbase isn't going to do what the idiots did last night.  A northeast team, sure.  Cubs, Oakland, sure.  Dodger fan wouldn't, because he's gone before the 8th inning.  But Cardinals fan?  No way.  Twins fan?  Not going to happen.  Reds, Brewers, probably not.

But that's not why Atlanta has the sh**ttiest fans.  It's the fact that nobody goes to games if the Braves aren't leading the division (despite the fact that they have some of the cheapest tickets in baseball).  They fight for a playoff spot to a half empty stadium.  They've failed to sell out playoff games for Og's sake.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »

No they wouldn't have.  A good fanbase isn't going to do what the idiots did last night.  A northeast team, sure.  Cubs, Oakland, sure.  Dodger fan wouldn't, because he's gone before the 8th inning.  But Cardinals fan?  No way.  Twins fan?  Not going to happen.  Reds, Brewers, probably not.
Any fanbase who gives that little a sh**t as to sit back and take that sh**t-eating-grin-umpire-ing is one of the problems with baseball, not the "good" fans. Fans loyal to these umps and this Front Office are enemies of baseball as a sport. I hate the Braves, but God bless their resistance.
What does being "loyal" to the umps or "this Front Office" have to do with not acting like infants?  There is no reason to rain garbage on to the field because a call doesn't go your way.  There is never a reason to rain garbage on to the playing field.
Yeah, I'm sure if an umpire were to - hypothetically, of course- make a bad call that would, say, potentially cost the Cardinals the World Series, I'm sure said umpire would never receive any death threats from Cardinals fans and would never have to contact MLB security or the FBI.
There is no way fans in Busch Stadium would ever act in the way those in Atlanta did last night.  Yeah, a few fans were stupid in 85, but it's really not the same thing.
Although let's be honest here - Cardinals fans may be the most likely to live in trailer parks, sport neckbeards, mullets, and pedophile moustaches, and consider Busch light to be the pinacle of American brewing, they at least go to games. South Florida probably has the worst and most undeserving-of-sports-championships-fanbase in North America.
I'd bet dollars to donuts that Brave fan is more likely to be what you described than Cardinal fan.  I've lived in both places and the fanbases couldn't be further apart in their knowledge and respect for the game.  Yes, there are asshat Cardinals fans, but they are WAY in the minority.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 12:14:09 AM »

The St Louis Cardinals blanked the Washington Nationals 8-0 today to put Washington on the brink of elimination.  Anyone think there could be a second straight World Series Championship for the Redbirds?
Of course.  We've got a few more to go before we catch up with the Yankees.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »

Cardinals Rally!  Suck it Nats!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 11:54:58 PM »

As a Blue Jays fan, I do not approve of this year's playoffs.
But how do you feel about the playoffs this year?  Excited heh?

Anyway, sorry Giants fan, it was a nice season.  Good luck in the off season.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 12:41:55 AM »

As a Blue Jays fan, I do not approve of this year's playoffs.
But how do you feel about the playoffs this year?  Excited heh?

Anyway, sorry Giants fan, it was a nice season.  Good luck in the off season.
Clearly I jinxed them with this post.
Nobody respects the Bay Area teams, but titles > respect in the end.
Indeed.  Cardinals WS wins=11 (5 in the last 50 years)  Giants WS wins=6 (1 in the last 50 years)

Hopefully they'll win their 7th in the next couple of weeks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies