Ask Oakvale (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 06:40:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Ask Oakvale (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ask Oakvale  (Read 12984 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: July 11, 2014, 10:05:39 PM »

This is a good thread.

Evangelicals: should they be burnt or beheaded?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »

I think it'd probably be worse. Our best writers all wrote in English, despite what the gabbling gombeen mafia will insist, and our literary (and otherwise) impact on the rest of the world - and the impact of the rest of the world on our culture - would have been massively diminished without the English language. Just personally I think it's a disastrous language that should be taken off life support as soon as possible - the unbearable smug attitude of the gaelgoir stormtroopers who act as if they're somehow more Irish than those who don't speak their dead language doesn't exactly help my opinion of the 'movement'.

I wonder, what's it like having a national language but electing not to speak it? In the broader, societal sense, not just you. I imagine there aren't many countries in a similar situation- a non-dead ethnic language of the majority group. I imagine the Irish speakers must be sincerely confounded as to why everyone else isn't speaking it, and I can see how that would be annoying.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 12:03:35 PM »

Inquiring minds want to know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies