Concession Speech from King
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:32:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Concession Speech from King
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Concession Speech from King  (Read 292 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2005, 10:29:27 AM »

Good morning.  I am going to keep this speech as informal as possible.

There is just one word that can be used to describe this election:  wow... just... wow.  All six campaigns managed to bring well over one hundred valid voters to the voting booth this weekend, which is the highest turnout in Atlasia's history.  We should be proud to have, despite all of our government's problems, a successful and strong democracy in Atlasia.

As I look back on the official election results released by the Department of Forum Affairs earlier this morning, I look at a great win for my party.  When we were first founded in October, our ticket was Hughento/Htmldon who lost the election by five votes.  Then, in February, KEmperor/Alcon lost by four votes.  Now, we are only one vote shy from the Presidency and in October, I hope to see that trend continue as we elect our first President:  one year after it all began.

I am uncertain on whether or not I will run again in October.  Before I make any decision, I have a confession to make and I wish to make it before somebody else scandalizes it two or four months from now to make me look dishonest in a campaign...

Last night, as election totals began to show a close Siege win.  Jitters coming from this close loss made me pressure some Keystone Phil voters into deleting their votes.  After awhile, I came back to my senses, realized it was unethical, apologized to everybody I contacted, and stopped anybody from deleting their votes.  I ask the Atlasian people and President-elect Siege for forgiveness for these actions and I hope to submit legislation in the 8th Senate criminalizing such voter manipulation schemes.

On that note, I congratulate Secretary of State Siege on his win.  The second active member of the cabinet ever elected President.  Gustaf being the other, also Secretary of State...  I hope that isn't a sign on what Siege's term will be like. Wink

I will now return to the Senate for which I will serve until my term expires in September in which I will work with President Siege to heal old wounds and bring new light to modern Atlasia.  I promised the people of District 3 that I would serve for only one term.  I still plan to do such and hope a serious, noble candidate will enter the race so I can pass the seat on.

I thank all that supported my candidacy, even when we seemed down and a win impossible;

I thank Dave for creating this great forum, but not Tweed who tries to take credit for it;

I thank Chairman Spade for working vigorously as my campaign manager getting the Union to 100 percent turnout, the only party to do so;

And I thank the twenty-nine voters who preferenced King/Dibble over Siege and Phil.  I would not have made it past the first round if it wasn't for their trust in me.

I hope this, the greatest election in Atlasia's history, will produce this greatest President in Atlasia's history.  May god bless you, Atlasia, and President Siege.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 01:16:04 PM »

Actually, the Independent Liberals had 100% turnout also, but with Boss Tweed's vote being invalidated, we were the only party to have 100% turnout who voted correctly.  Smiley

Sorry about the loss, King and I wish you the best of luck in the future.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies