Rasmussen: Obama ties Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:55:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Obama ties Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Obama ties Clinton  (Read 1198 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2007, 07:10:15 AM »
« edited: April 23, 2007, 07:12:04 AM by Harry Haller »

Obama: 32%
Clinton: 32%
Edwards: 17%
Richardson: 3%
Dodd: 1%
Biden: 1%
Clark: 1%

Clinton now holds a narrow edge among white voters while Obama leads by 16% among African-Americans.

Among all voters, Clinton is viewed favorably by 50% and unfavorably by 49%. Obama’s numbers are a bit stronger—59% favorable and 34% unfavorable. The two candidates are essentially even among Democrats—Clinton is viewed favorably by 74% in her party while Obama is viewed favorably by 72%. Among unaffiliated voters, Clinton is viewed favorably by 50%, Obama by 67%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Political%20Tracking/Democratic%20Primaries/DemocraticPresidentialPrimary.htm

Great. Wink I wonder though why the different polls are showing quite different margins. In the most recent FOX poll, Clinton leads by 20%. I think the RCP average is a good indicator.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 07:32:36 AM »

This is a quote from me from a post I made in another thread five days ago:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:00:49 AM »

59-34 isn't a bit stronger than 50-49; it's a helluva lot stronger.
elcorazon

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »

This is a quote from me from a post I made in another thread five days ago:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

but it hasn't gotten a ton of play yet, and might not turn out to be an outlier.  in other words, you still could be right or you could be wrong.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 10:17:12 AM »

Time for the Clinton slime machine to start releasing what they have on poor Obama.  No one gets between the Clintons and their ambition.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 10:22:01 AM »

but it hasn't gotten a ton of play yet, and might not turn out to be an outlier.  in other words, you still could be right or you could be wrong.

I wasn't saying that my prediction has already proved to be right.  It was more of a "my prediction is right so far, so I'll restate the rest of it, as I stand by it" type of post.  One thing I'll say though is that, while I certainly expect this poll to get a lot of play from the blogosphere, I'm not sure about the MSM, as they tend to ignore Rasmussen.  In fact, they frequently ignore every pollster except for whatever polling organization that particular news outlet uses...and maybe Gallup as well.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 10:27:50 AM »

I wasn't saying that my prediction has already proved to be right.  It was more of a "my prediction is right so far, so I'll restate the rest of it, as I stand by it" type of post.  One thing I'll say though is that, while I certainly expect this poll to get a lot of play from the blogosphere, I'm not sure about the MSM, as they tend to ignore Rasmussen.  In fact, they frequently ignore every pollster except for whatever polling organization that particular news outlet uses...and maybe Gallup as well.

USA Today partners with Gallup, so they get a lot of coverage that way.

Let us hope that Rasmussen keeps up their reputation of being the most accurate pollster for nationwide surveys.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 10:36:32 AM »

I don't think that explains it completely.  I think there's just something about how Gallup's a well known prestigious polling firm, that leads to it getting special treatment from the MSM.  For example, when National Journal did their candidate rankings a few weeks ago, they refered to Fred Thompson as "the 12% candidate", as that's what he was polling at in Gallup.  Gallup wasn't the only poll to have included Fred Thompson, but it got a lot more attention that any of the others.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 10:37:57 AM »

I don't think that explains it completely.  I think there's just something about how Gallup's a well known prestigious polling firm, that leads to it getting special treatment from the MSM.  For example, when National Journal did their candidate rankings a few weeks ago, they refered to Fred Thompson as "the 12% candidate", as that's what he was polling at in Gallup.  Gallup wasn't the only poll to have included Fred Thompson, but it got a lot more attention that any of the others.

Perhaps. If that's the reason, it's surely unwarranted. Gallup is the worst pollster out there save Zogby and most of the various universities that poll.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 12:35:54 PM »

Finally. Sadly (as others have said) Rasmussen gets no attention from MSM. Only crap pollsters like Zogby seem to.

Zogby says "Kerry leads in TN!!!!1111"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies