Office of Governor-Candidate DeadPrez (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:28:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor-Candidate DeadPrez (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Governor-Candidate DeadPrez  (Read 2567 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 03, 2015, 05:23:23 PM »

Endorsed.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 11:02:35 PM »

This argument that advancing Imperial rule does not represent the will of The People is ludicrously off-base, for the simple fact that if the amendment passes then it clearly has come to represent the will of The People. The only way it would be a valid point would be if Deadprez were advocating far-right revolution to overthrow the Governor and install an Emperor. He most certainly is not.

Everyone here is free to disagree on the issue of the name "Imperial Dominion of the South", but I would encourage them to not misrepresent the candidate's position by claiming that it is undemocratic or the like.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 01:13:42 AM »

I wholeheartedly approve of any attempt to short-circuit and ultimately reverse dominant opinion on a political issue. It reminds me of the entire consolidation effort!

And the opposition to it as well.

65% opposed, 60% in favor, 59% opposed. That was in just six months by the way.

But I thought that the will of The People was immutable and that questioning the wisdom of public opinion was turrible.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »

The Duke amendment may not be important to some but it is to me, and I'll fight to make sure it's not upended by any rogue forces.

Thanks to its passage, the south is rising again, with an active legislature and a fantastic governor. Changing course now would be a colossal mistake I don't want to see happen to my region.

It would be a tragedy to see the region plunged back into the Dungeons & Dragons era and I'm perplexed as to why anyone would want such a thing except for the simple fact that there's nothing else they can run against a Governor as superb as Flo on.
I liked it because it was so weird. It was one of the little quirks that make this game interesting. Kinda funny that the issue has provoked so much discussion.

I agree with this; these little quirks are good for the game. While I am glad we have the "South" now instead of the pathetically milquetoast "Southeast", we need more affectation. I like how Duke called his mansion the Governor's Plantation.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 06:31:11 PM »

The Duke amendment may not be important to some but it is to me, and I'll fight to make sure it's not upended by any rogue forces.

Thanks to its passage, the south is rising again, with an active legislature and a fantastic governor. Changing course now would be a colossal mistake I don't want to see happen to my region.

It would be a tragedy to see the region plunged back into the Dungeons & Dragons era and I'm perplexed as to why anyone would want such a thing except for the simple fact that there's nothing else they can run against a Governor as superb as Flo on.
I liked it because it was so weird. It was one of the little quirks that make this game interesting. Kinda funny that the issue has provoked so much discussion.

I agree with this; these little quirks are good for the game. While I am glad we have the "South" now instead of the pathetically milquetoast "Southeast", we need more affectation. I like how Duke called his mansion the Governor's Plantation.

The original bill actually called the 'Governor's Mansion' the 'Governor's Plantation'. It was amended for obvious reasons.

Obvious reasons? The Plantation is heritage, not hate. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 12:47:30 AM »

The RPP is primarily associated to those of us who remember with that psychopath DWTL. As someone with some experience of being a member of a party led by a psychopath (Napilton) I can't fathom continuing to defend it. You don't hear me harping on about the great Liberal Era.

Congrats, you just insulted your own party's founder. Roll Eyes After DWTL left, Duke and I transformed the RPP so much so that no less than Afleitch, who loathed DWTL, joined the Party. Marokai, Franzl, etc etc etc. All joined the RPPer under our leadership because they were without a home and they felt the RPP had changed enough to be worthy of joining. Many of those people are now members of your party. Hell your party was founded by the RPP's moderate wing, and wouldn't exist without the RPP legacy created post December 2009.

The RPP is an important forebear of both the Feds and TPP. It takes a certain antihistorical perspective to speak poorly of the RPP at this point. It's really quite fitting given who we're talking about here.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 11:08:22 PM »

What is your opinion of commissions chronicling our law and history?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies