Log Cabin Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:13:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Log Cabin Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Log Cabin Republicans
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Log Cabin Republicans  (Read 7457 times)
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« on: November 27, 2005, 12:44:28 AM »

Misguided.  Its like a black person trying to join the Democratic Party in Alabama in 1900.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 01:51:26 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2005, 02:25:22 AM by Progress »

Maybe it was.  As early as 1935, black democrats were being elected to Congress - still well within the era of the dixiecrat influence.

Yeah but it was 1973 before a black Democrat was elected in the south...  And by then the civil rights coalition was in full effect.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Eh it is their party now...
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 03:30:59 AM »

In any case, I think it's ridiculous that anybody would allow their political identification to be dictated solely by their sexuality. 

When you deny someone equality why should they care in any way what your other positions are?

"Oh yeah, we think you're going to hell and that you and your partner are committing an act we feel justifies a constitutional amendment to ban it."

Again its like a black man joining the Democratic Party of Alabama in 1900.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 03:33:16 PM »

The Constitutional Amendment regards marriage, not sex.

Well if you're a true social conservative than one equals the other.  Although I was speaking of Marriage.

And once again, some black people had to join the Democratic Party of Alabama (perhaps not in 1900, but certainly by the 50's) in order for it to eventually become what it is today.

I doubt it.  You show me a black member of the Alabama Democratic Party in 1950 and I'll eat my hat.  It was a sudden influx during the civil rights era when the Democrats ended the New Deal coalition in favor of bringing equality to the oppressed.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 03:40:07 PM »

Scoonie, you’re a prime example of a purposely ignorant person.

You claim people like me “hate” them because I believe they’re living a sinful lifestyle, yet you can’t apply that same reasoning to my view of liars, adulterers, fornicators, thieves, etc, etc, etc…

And southern racists didn't hate blacks either.  It was just that "they didn't know their place" or "were biologically inferior" or "were destroying our culture" or a million other spins.

And I personally don't believe it is hatred that drives you.  I believe it is ignorance, guilt, and fear.  I believe that a large percentage of the advocates for anti-homosexual policies in the Republican party act that way because of latent homosexual feelings that scare the crap out of them.  I mean look at all the cases that have come out in the last couple years.  Not only of those advocating anti-homosexual policies being outed but of those who were caught doing MUCH worse things including molesting little boys. 

I think anyone who favors anti-homosexual policies should be hooked up to a lie detector and asked if they have in any way ever fantasized about other men.  I'd bet that 1 out of 3 would get caught lying. =)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies