The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Signup/Info Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:10:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Signup/Info Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Signup/Info Thread)  (Read 11355 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 10, 2019, 08:33:59 AM »

Can I have Tim Scott perhaps?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 07:21:09 PM »

Can I change to Senator Alveda King, who replaced Johnny Isakson in the Senate after he retired in 2016?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »

Can I change to Senator Alveda King, who replaced Johnny Isakson in the Senate after he retired in 2016?
You can't make up characters and give them senator or governor status

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alveda_King

2. Alternate Timeline and the OP didn't specify what happened in 2016 with senate seats, so we can only assume.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 08:25:57 PM »

You can't make up characters and give them senator or governor status

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alveda_King

2. Alternate Timeline and the OP didn't specify what happened in 2016 with senate seats, so we can only assume.

1. If you want to switch to former State Representative King, that's fine. I don't think it's unheard of for think tank fellows to join a presidential race, and King's family name would give her the possibility of being a contender. (I'll leave you listed as Senator Scott until I hear otherwise.)

2. Unless otherwise specified, all incumbent politicians are the same (in original post, I listed all changes to the Senate under "Different Senators" (between rules and Romney's Cabinet).

Alright then, I'll run as Alveda King without the position in the Senate.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 10:05:47 AM »

ALVEDA KING 2020

A Dream Realized!

Atlanta, Georgia

January 15th, 2019

"Thank you! Thank you all! It's an honor to be here in front of all of you, in the city where my uncle was born 90 years ago. Truly, it is. And I am honored to see all of you here today. Let us also not forget that today is the day he was born as well. We honor a great man when we speak of him today, one who fought for all of humanity. Before I go on with my speech, I want to speak about my uncle some, for he truly deserves to be talked about.

My uncle's fight for the advancement of Civil Rights was not in vain. Thanks to this fight, we obtained gains such as the Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlaws discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin and prohibits unequal application of voter registration requirements, racial segregation in schools, employment, and public accommodations. Then, a year later, the Voting Rights Act of 1965 has been adopted by Congress that enforced the voting rights guaranteed by the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution and secured the right to vote for racial minorities throughout the country, especially in the South. And I am proud to be a member of the party of Abraham Lincoln, the man who abolished slavery. But of course there is still more to do in order to put an end to racial injustices and I invest my energy to fix it.

Since leaving the Georgia State House in 1983, I have fought to continue the ideas that my uncle fought for throughout his life. I've been fighting for the civil rights of those who have yet to see the light of the day. My uncle was vehemently pro-life and anti-abortion and would've fought for the civil rights of those unborn if he lived longer. Many may say that a woman may make their own choices with their bodies as they please and can do as many abortions as they please, but I ask them this : Is the body of the Fetus allowed to make a choice for what happens to them in the process? That is a question that truly deserves answering.

I am also open to the idea of Homosexual marriage but under the condition that the federal government doesn't force it upon the states for it is the right of the people of a state, not the federal government, to choose what laws they will or won't pass. To those who will say that this is homophobic, I ask you, which creates more hate : Forcing people to do something or allowing the people to vote on it in state referendums in a Democratic process? If that majority of a state votes to support homosexual marriage in a referendum, then it will be instituted in that state.

On the Economic ideas, I believe we should continue to cut taxes on the Middle and Low classes and raise them on the upper classes in order to increase the revenue for the United States Government. In terms of foreign policy, I say it's time we leave the countries we are in and bring the troops home as it's time to reintroduce these heroes into the work force and increase our output massively.

It's time that for something to happen. I'm announcing my candidacy for President of the United States to do one thing : make a Dream realized! Only together can we win! Thank you.
"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies