Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:50:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 392845 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »

I declare myself willing and capable of directing the affairs of the Assembly.

You can by law designate the Speaker to run the Assembly.  If you choose not to do this (homely runs the Assembly very well), make sure that if you plan not to be here for a few days that you publicly announce so, so homely can take over and keep the Assembly moving.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Legislative_work_of_the_Northeast_Assembly#Northeast_Assembly_Speaker_Act

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Legislative_work_of_the_Northeast_Assembly#Standing_Order_on_Assembly_Procedure

These should both help you out.  As long as you're capable of running the Assembly, please do.  If you feel unprepared to do so, I would urge you to publicly specify here that you designate the responsibility to homely for the remainder of this session.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2011, 08:56:32 AM »

Nay
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2011, 08:09:08 AM »

I, Scott, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Northeast Assemblyman and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Northeast Region, so help me Dave.

For you.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=36934.0
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »

On the previous question the ayes are three and the nays are three. It is up to Lt. Gov. Simfan to break the tie.

With Simfan's declared absence, it's now Governor Winfield's duty to break the tie.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2011, 10:00:30 PM »

I can't support this amendment.  Donations are wonderful in helping our poor, but I'm willing to leave an open-ended for someone to give to any low-income (or whatever we define poor as Tongue), individual, even with the $500,000 limit.  I appreciate your intent, but I will be an assured Nay if this amendment is received friendly, or passes.

Also, I'm worried about what tax payer dollars are going to actually go to here.  I do support the intent of supporting food shelters, libraries, ect, but I'm very wary of this bill.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2011, 03:01:55 PM »

I am considering withdrawing this bill. The problems of enforcement, protection against abuse or fraud and overall ambiguity that this bill might bring about seem to be too great at this point to overcome.

This is why I will be voting Nay.  Good intentions, just not a practical bill in my opinion.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2011, 08:13:22 AM »

Not that I want to skip over the bill, but homely is in the Senate, so I think it's of utmost importance to determine a new Speaker.  I suppose Governor Winfield will have to handle this.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2011, 09:10:39 PM »

In light of the resignation of the speaker, I have deemed it appropriate and necessary that I assume the affairs of the Assembly according to my office.

This is effective immediately.

x Lt. Gov. Simfan34

He is not Speaker, as he was not elected under this new Assembly.  We are nominating a new Speaker...
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2011, 09:24:50 PM »

In light of the resignation of the speaker, I have deemed it appropriate and necessary that I assume the affairs of the Assembly according to my office.

This is effective immediately.

x Lt. Gov. Simfan34

He is not Speaker, as he was not elected under this new Assembly.  We are nominating a new Speaker...

I am referring to homelycooking.

I understand that, but homely was no longer Speaker when he resigned.  So his resignation has nothing to do with you assuming your charge of this Assembly.  I'm not sure if you were aware this is a newly elected Assembly as you were away, but we are currently nominating and then electing a Speaker.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2011, 09:59:42 PM »

Mr. Lieutenant Governor, if you are going to assume these responsibilities, then please ensure that you are actively engaged in the affairs of the Assembly, so as not to hold up Assembly business due to your absence.

Or at least give the powers back to the new Speaker once he is nominated/elected. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »

I nominate snowstalker.  Might as well start a vote.  It appears no one wants to nominate someone.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »

I think Nathan and Scott will be back soon.

How soon? I would like to close the period for nominations soon.

Nathan is back, and we have one nomination.  Just let us know when you plan to close the nomination stage, even though we might not receive anymore.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2011, 09:54:26 PM »

You just cut right to the chase don't you Tongue

I'll nominate myself as well, but if Snowstalker wants to step up, I'll support him.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2011, 08:08:52 AM »

Just so everyone is aware, the following people have failed to Swear in as of yet;

FallenMorgan
Nathan

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=36934.0

(Technically, Nathan can't nominate, or be nominated until he swears in...)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »

My goodness, this administration is conspiring to keep me off ballots Tongue

[1] Cincinnatus
[2] Snowstalker
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2011, 08:09:46 PM »

My goodness, this administration is conspiring to keep me off ballots Tongue

[1] Cincinnatus
[2] Snowstalker

I was wondering why you were not on the ballot for Speaker. 

Cincinnatus, believe me, this had absolutely nothing to do with the Governor.

Relax, I'm just joking Cheesy
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2011, 07:07:06 AM »

Just so people know, the speaker is elected by FPTP, not IRV.

Thanks Cheesy

X  Cincinnatus
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »

X  Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »

Mr. Lieutenant, get this chamber in order. Please.

I echo that sentiment.  I have previously sent a message to some who didn't vote, so I think it's safe to assume we can move on?  God forbid any legislation get to the floor this session Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2011, 07:25:27 PM »

Debate CAN'T be shorter then 48 hours Mr. Lt Governor.

Please, if you have any questions as to proper procedure, ask Napoleon or myself (Both of which would gladly assist you).
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2011, 11:36:19 PM »

The Voluntary School Prayer Act

A BILL that will ensure religious freedom by allotting students one minute for prayer before classes

1. All schools shall schedule one minute per day for non-led student prayer, before or after students recite the Pledge of Allegiance

2. In no way shall teachers or school administrators influence how a student prays, or endorse any particular religious faith or view

3. Students who do not wish to partake in prayer may refrain from doing so

This is the first piece of legislation introduced under the new session.  If any laws under the last session were skipped due to the election, feel free to re-introduce them.

Debate will last 48 hours.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2011, 11:46:48 PM »

Success, finally.. Now I can soon proceed to take some Nyquil and sleep away this sickness.  I hope those uninvited guests I had earlier go home with the flu..that will teach them Tongue

As to the bill;

Not sure a minute is going to make any difference here.  Perhaps we would be better off encouraging our students to keep and open mind about religion in general, while focusing on what should be studied in school (Math, science, foreign languages, and practical classes.)  I respect freedom of religion, but I don't really care to say all of our schools need to conduct a minute of prayer.  Can these children not use a minute at home for school-led prayer?  I don't really oppose the purpose of this bill.  I just find it rather unnecessary.  Unless, of course, you can explain to me how this is to have a notable positive benefit?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »

Assemblyman Scott, you have the ability to consider the gentleman's amendment friendly before debate ends.  If you don't consider the Gentleman's amendment friendly before debate ends, the amendment in question will come to a vote.

I would like to introduce an amendment to change the word "shall" in the first clause to "may."

As to the amendment;  This little change makes me view the bill more favorably.  I certainly don't wish to tell schools they MUST have prayer.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2011, 07:02:01 AM »

Time for debate has ended.

The amendments were considered friendly.

The Assembly will now vote on the final bill.  This vote will last 24 hours.

The Voluntary School Prayer Act

A BILL that will ensure religious freedom by allotting students one minute for prayer before classes

1. All schools shall allow any student the opportunity for non-led student prayer in accordance with the student's religious beliefs, and may schedule one additional minute per day for non-led student prayer, before or after students recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

2. In no way shall teachers or school administrators influence how a student prays, or endorse any particular religious faith or view

3. Students who do not wish to partake in prayer may refrain from doing so

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »

Aye
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies