Have we talked about how this sudden removal of Confederate stuff is a ruse? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:49:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Have we talked about how this sudden removal of Confederate stuff is a ruse? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have we talked about how this sudden removal of Confederate stuff is a ruse?  (Read 4071 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 24, 2015, 10:42:36 AM »

It blows my mind that once again we have a horrific mass shooting, and while the rest of the world shakes their head at us again because they already know exactly what the problem is, our own solution is... to take down some flags?

While it probably won't do much about gun violence, I think getting rid of Confederate culture in this country is still a good thing. We need to stop being nice to rednecks and their garbage. We never should've abandoned the tone of Reconstruction in the South.

It's sad that it took this event to spring this series of events, but I'm not disappointed that it's happening.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 11:15:27 AM »

Other countries have faced similar dilemmas. Part of the reason the Dutch no longer use their historical blue-white-orange tricolor (their flag is red, white and blue) is that it became associated with Nazi collaborator groups during World War II.

Good post for the most part but I'm pretty sure the Dutch don't use orange on their flag because orange dye fades with sun exposure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies