Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:03:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31
Author Topic: Newsletter Ranting: Honesty, Delivered Brutally [Mad Marokai!]  (Read 102746 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2009, 07:05:32 PM »

That's what I figured and that's what annoys me too. The DA is all about individual over party which I have always been. You all know I have friendships with many of you and don't agree with a lot of the bullsh**t "I hate you, now you die" crap that goes on. So instead of going along with that you guys pushed and got rid of the ticket. I'm individual over party but I guess that wasn't enough.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2009, 07:11:37 PM »

Had nothing to do with you MJ. It was a general turn away from the RPP, especially because of DWTL's treatment of HW, Hash and afleitch, as well as the way the party handled the last election..
I'm trying to follow the logic, DWTL, no longer party chair, doesn't like a whopping 3 (4 if you count Vepres now) member of your party and really is unwilling to work with only one of them, you break off the chance to have the VP under MasterJedi who you like?  The same DWTL that pushed heavily for the election of Franzl to the senate.

Good, that clear everything up

You pushed for Franzl, why? Because of your hatred for afleitch. So let's not make a big to-do about how you "supported" Franzl.

I am the one who started the discussion on removing ourselves from the RPP ticket, so lay off of Hash and every other DA member you have a bone with.

Lastly, if you expect me (or anyone) to believe that you "stepping down" from chairman of the RPP has any meaning, you are sorely mistaken. The optics may be different, but the message is the same. Nor does it relate exclusively to you. The actions of other members of your party, as well as the recent wave of zombie recruitment and region-packing was on everyone's minds as well.

I used to have respect for the RPP, but the party has managed to so disturb me as to render any such sentiments moot. I have only grown to dislike the RPP more and more over the past few weeks. I hope the party will change. It's really up to its members.

That's what I figured and that's what annoys me too. The DA is all about individual over party which I have always been. You all know I have friendships with many of you and don't agree with a lot of the bullsh**t "I hate you, now you die" crap that goes on. So instead of going along with that you guys pushed and got rid of the ticket. I'm individual over party but I guess that wasn't enough.

Honestly, it was a painful decision. But while the individual does serve a tremendous role in our party, our decisions are not made in a vacuum. The association of RPP/DA was simply too distasteful to the DA because of the way respected members of our party have been treated by yours. I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you. Honestly, had you been a member of any other party this would have been a different ball game entirely. That is the sad truth. Hopefully this will shock the RPP into actually looking internally and making the necessary changes, rather than its usual "scorched earth" policy.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2009, 07:14:41 PM »

The RPP isn't making any changes because a few liberals who want to feel important and not overshadowed in the JCP say we should.  Let's not kid ourselves PS, you liked the RPP when it was conveinent, but now that you aren't running for re-election you suddenly hate us.  NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS TO A YEAR
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2009, 07:18:38 PM »

Jesus, I had no idea the Butthurt Convention was in town.

Guys, grow the hell up.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »

Jesus, I had no idea the Butthurt Convention was in town.

Guys, grow the hell up.
I mean this "honesty, delievered brutually", thought I'd dish some out Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »

The RPP isn't making any changes because a few liberals who want to feel important and not overshadowed in the JCP say we should.  Let's not kid ourselves PS, you liked the RPP when it was conveinent, but now that you aren't running for re-election you suddenly hate us.  NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS TO A YEAR

Usually I tried to ignore the things you said. For much of the time I wasn't looking our for my party's interest, but my own. However, having responsibilities to the DA has now shifted my politics from the personal to the public good. Your actions have been atrocious. The strategy of the RPP has been downright nasty, both to respected Atlasians and respected DAers.

My opinion and the opinion of the DA is clear. Now the ball is in your court. Clean up or shut up.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »

Dude, if you want a stalking horse centrist vote bank, start your own.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2009, 08:28:02 PM »

Usually I tried to ignore the things you said. For much of the time I wasn't looking our for my party's interest, but my own. However, having responsibilities to the DA has now shifted my politics from the personal to the public good. Your actions have been atrocious. The strategy of the RPP has been downright nasty, both to respected Atlasians and respected DAers.

My opinion and the opinion of the DA is clear. Now the ball is in your court. Clean up or shut up.
Yeah honestly the RPP isn't going to kiss the DAs ass to get votes, that's not how we roll.  But if you guys like be marginally important keep it up its working well!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2009, 08:31:03 PM »

Yeah honestly the RPP isn't going to kiss the DAs ass to get votes, that's not how we roll.  But if you guys like be marginally important keep it up its working well!

I'll say!

DA Senate Seats: 4
RPP Senate Seats: 3

DA Cabinet Members: 2
RPP Cabinet Members: 0
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »

The DA didn't win 4 seats BTW as we all know.  And having HW stuck in an unimportant cabinet position is good for everyone, it feeds his ego and need to be loved by complete strangers and no one has to care what he says at all.

The DA does not have the ability to compete heads up with the JCP at all
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »

The DA didn't win 4 seats BTW as we all know.  And having HW stuck in an unimportant cabinet position is good for everyone, it feeds his ego and need to be loved by complete strangers and no one has to care what he says at all.

Neither does the RPP
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »

Neither does the RPP
Moreso than the DA does, but at least we recognize a need to attract DA support where they seem to be under the impression that they can topple the JCP without us.

The DA has some great members, they just are brought down by childish leadership
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2009, 08:36:10 PM »

Neither does the RPP
Moreso than the DA does, but at least we recognize a need to attract DA support where they seem to be under the impression that they can topple the JCP without us.

The DA has some great members, they just are brought down by childish leadership

I think they are saying the same thing about us, and that is my point. Smiley
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2009, 08:36:22 PM »

Neither does the RPP

Sad
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2009, 08:37:07 PM »

Keep it up DWTL, you're making us look good.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2009, 08:38:57 PM »

Who do you think the great members are?  Smiley I wish to God that you were running the DA, because I know that things would be different.  Let's not kid ourselves, we all know why the DA wants to run their own ticket.  Hash is angry that the RPP is challenging his senate seat and he feels that only people that post 200+ times a day in this forum should be able to vote.  Andrew you are a sensible guy, you know that the RPP is easy to work with, you know we are an active bunch of people, and you know that we fight for one thing and one thing only, regional rights.  We aren't a band of facists or anything else that we get painted as.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2009, 08:40:23 PM »

Honestly I am not doing anything but exactly what you are doing from the opposite perspective, in fact, you have claimed ridiculous things were I am simply stating facts.  For one that I am somehow demanding Jedi pick certain running mates when I posted as recently as two hours ago that I would support anyone he chooses.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »

Also, just as a random counter to DWTL's "lol" post in his signature:

Perhaps most telling though is the collapse of the Atlasian left as a cohesive unit.  The DA and RPP look to have turned Atlasia into the closest thing to a two party system we have ever seen.
I must say the left has done a great job becoming a cohesive unit, but at the time the left was in shambles.  I was merely making a remark at the current state, not offering any projections.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »

I've only been chairman for a few weeks now, but it is woefully apparent that we will not be allowed to reform in the eyes of the DA. I made a speech recently and lined out the direction in which I wanted to see the RPP move, and all I received was a bunch of scoffing and quiet ears. While I plan on moving forward with allowing the party to elect a chairman who will then do what the members want, I find the DA's excuse extremely weak on why they backed out on Jedi. It's easy to pile the blame on DWTL, but he's been acting the same way now for a year. The only thing that changed was the zombie voting rumor/speculation that the JCP decided to float to turn focus away from their own zombie voting. I am still waiting on some proof that we are doing outside recruiting, because I have yet to be notified of such practices, and I won't go on a witch hunt and accuse those without that proof.

I find it extremely disrespectful that Jedi was treated in such a manner, and even more insulting that the DA continues to preach "pragmatism," "individuality," and the like when they hardly practice it. Jedi has been one of the most independent members of this party through and through, yet all of a sudden he's a member of the oppressive elite? He deserves far, far better.

I'll be the first to admit that DWTL's antics can be poisonous for our party's chances. The whole "he's mean and we all of a sudden do not want to be associated with him" excuse reeks of a last minute copout. His behavior has not changed. When we see Purple State endorsing him for Senate over Fritz a while ago, we can understand that the only thing that has changed is PS, who no longer needs to RPP to get reelected.

In October when we elect a chairman and become more democratic, we'll hear the same, tired story about how we are oppressive and horrible people with DWTL running the show behind the scenes. It is a shame too, because the RPP is full of people willing and able to work with the DA on their agenda, yet the DA seems more secure with allowing their main opposition to dominate the landscape and ensuring their agenda never gets passed. The game may not be about winning, but what is it about to you all? It must not be about the DA's agenda either. What is it? It seems to me that the DA is more interested in looking good to the populace rather than standing for anything.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2009, 08:58:34 PM »

I think you are missing the point, the DA (more particuarly their smoke and mirrors leadership) wants to try and bully the RPP out of running against them in senate elections.  Its funny for a party that demands transparency, they make a smoke and mirrors backroom decision to run their own ticket
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »

For the record I believe it was a jerk move on the DA's part to drop out on Jedi like that. I don't care what party Jedi is part of he is a hell of an independent thinker and would've made a great ticket with Franzl. However, I was under the impression that we dropped out of the ticket because we wanted to run our very own all DA ticket. Maybe I'm just shooting blanks here.......

We need to stop this childish BS and start acting like adults.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2009, 09:06:06 PM »

I don't believe I understand the mindset of the DA leadership at all. If they expect us to simply disband, they are sorely mistaken. There are a lot of DA members I hold great affection and they've explained to me their plight, but none of it makes sense when the leadership is sending such mixed signals. None of us can change our ways when their list of complains continue to change.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2009, 09:08:40 PM »

I don't believe I understand the mindset of the DA leadership at all. If they expect us to simply disband, they are sorely mistaken. There are a lot of DA members I hold great affection and they've explained to me their plight, but none of it makes sense when the leadership is sending such mixed signals. None of us can change our ways when their list of complains continue to change.
Well you have two people, Hash and HW, calling the shots who seek affection for those on the forum.  PS seems to also have some say and he changes whichever way the wind blows that day.  The DA seems to think that they can bully the RPP into changes to some sort of effeminate hippie party or something.  The RPP never asked the DA to change anything it did or believed in when forming the ticket, and they shouldn't expect us to change.  I'd like to know what exactly has changed from when this ticket was first discussed other than the person who they apparently hate so much stepping down as chair
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »

Well you have two people, Hash and HW, calling the shots who seek affection for those on the forum.  PS seems to also have some say and he changes whichever way the wind blows that day.  The DA seems to think that they can bully the RPP into changes to some sort of effeminate hippie party or something.  The RPP never asked the DA to change anything it did or believed in when forming the ticket, and they shouldn't expect us to change.  I'd like to know what exactly has changed from when this ticket was first discussed other than the person who they apparently hate so much stepping down as chair

I like HappyWarrior and we've had a lot of good discussions about what's going on. I don't consider him to be a problem at all. I'm mainly confused at Purple State's claims and actions. They do not add up except to spell political opportunism. If he has such a distaste for you, then why did he endorse you a while ago for the Senate seat? His argument doesn't hold water when one knows that. It's just really a shame for Jedi.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2009, 09:15:52 PM »

Duke HW is the one who says he never wants to work with the RPP, its really a shame that no one loved him as a child or something.  The amount of love and attention he demands is really too much for anyone on this forum to handle.  I love how the RPP is apparently so dark and mystic and evil, but you have a party of little standing trying to bully another party for practically no reason.  We are 100% willing to work with the DA and any party for that matter.  Hell, everyone knows that I like a lot of the people in the JCP and support them (alright maybe just a handful Tongue)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies