2008 Presidential debates? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:45:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Presidential debates? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential debates?  (Read 1365 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: May 26, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »

Nothing special; Obama would probably beat McCain, and Nader and Barr's poll numbers would go down afterwards.

Probably not. First of all, Obama has never won a debate, so proudly saying he'd win the debate is pretty arrogant, and second, I bet the third party's numbers would increase slightly simply because they would get some exposure. Their ideas may sound appealing to some people. They really can't go any lower than they already are.

Winning a debate is a matter of opinion.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 01:25:40 PM »

Probably not. First of all, Obama has never won a debate, so proudly saying he'd win the debate is pretty arrogant, and second, I bet the third party's numbers would increase slightly simply because they would get some exposure. Their ideas may sound appealing to some people. They really can't go any lower than they already are.

I disagree; I think Obama is able to beat McCain, and with Barr polling at 6% right now, he can sink pretty far.  Once people see how nutty his ideas are, they'll back off, leaving only the former Paul supporters.

I would vote for Barr before McCain.

At least until McCain is leading in the national polls Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 03:22:25 PM »

Has anyone seen McCain debate?
It's pretty bad.
Yes. And it's not any worse than Obama saying "uh" over and over and "I agree with Senator Clinton."

But he won't be debating Senator Clinton, now will he?

that's not really the point.

Both McCain and OBama are not really very strong at debating. Naturally, democrats will say Obama wins, Republicans will say the same about Mac.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies