Opinion of the Roman Catholic Church (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:15:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of the Roman Catholic Church (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Positive

Neutral

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Opinion of the Roman Catholic Church  (Read 8059 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: April 14, 2010, 11:28:49 AM »

The Church established by Christ for the salvation of mankind, and no matter how hard they may try, the gates of hell shall never prevail against it.

I understand this type of sentiment.  I have first hand experience with it.

So, Libertas, do you believe that...killing millions in the name of the Lord is acceptable?  Or...is that Satan's work?  Or...molesting children?

I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic schools.  Hell, I sang in a Cathedral choir.  I lost my faith in the church gradually, due in no small part to the modern Catholic Church's perversion of Christ's teachings.

If John Paul II was still the Pope, I would have much more respect for the Church than I do now.

No, but unlike certain people here I don't let the bad actions committed by .01% of Catholics define and override the good done by the other 99.99%.

Would this logic fly anywhere else? You take your child to daycare, they abuse them, but the daycare facility is good by itself, it's just the rotten apples among them that spoil it, right? Would you be caught dead bringing your child to the same daycare center again? 

I didn't like John Paul II and I don't like Benedict XVI. Liking them is not part of the Catholic faith.

Considering the immense weight the papacy has in all things spiritual within the religion, that's a mighty big assertion to make.

To be fair, the analogy would rather be to not bring your child to any daycare center again. Or something along those lines. The Catholic Church is a pretty big organization.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 03:09:30 PM »

It is a bit silly to blame the Catholic church for the Crusades. It's like having a negative view of Mongolia because of Genghis Khan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies