Posts about the 2016 election that could prove to be funny in retrospect
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:14:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Posts about the 2016 election that could prove to be funny in retrospect
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Posts about the 2016 election that could prove to be funny in retrospect  (Read 1261 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2015, 07:14:55 PM »

Just post them here. It may be polls or predictions or whatever... This thread is supposed to spare us from a lot of bumps after the election...

Okay, let's get this started! 

I don't know what these voters think about the 2016 election, but it seems that it's set for another big time rejection of the Republican Party even larger than that of 2008. 

Clinton is doing well in the Obama states and the Obama swing states. She could even win Indiana and Missouri (maybe that's why the media hasn't polled them yet lol.)

Florida remains quite competitive at this stage and North Carolina is NOT gone to the GOP column, which is impressive.

The Senate will go Democratic in 2 years because it's like 2014 but even more so. It'll be another 2006. (Can you believe that?)

The House is going to be redrawn in 2016.

So far the only region I'm concerned about is honestly electorally insignificant: the South. The South is a reward if Clinton can manage to win there as well.

This is shaping out to be a Clinton sweep making Obama's look like 2000.

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Hillary Clinton?

Favorable........................................................ 50%
Unfavorable .................................................... 43%

She's universally well liked by Democrats (91/5) and a majority of independents view her positively as well (52/41).

Hillary Clinton.................................................. 46%
Marco Rubio ................................................... 45%

Hillary Clinton.................................................. 45%
Chris Christie .................................................. 43%

Hillary Clinton.................................................. 50%
Rick Perry ....................................................... 42%

Texas going from Safe GOP to toss-up state in only 4 years would be amazing.

Please, Hillary, run!

I don't think she'll win this state, but there's no doubt now that if she does run it will be a toss-up, slight GOP lean. 

Holy s**t!!!!!!!! how many states do you think she can win?

Hillary Clinton.................................................. 45%
Rand Paul ....................................................... 45%

Hillary Clinton.................................................. 46%
Marco Rubio ................................................... 40%

Rubio is definately leaning on running for VP or Prez. We must win FL, it's a swing stare and FL will be key in deteining whether we get House. Toomey is definately the strongest. 3-4 seat net gain Pa or FL and WI and IL and win NH should be our goal in 2016.

If she wins the presidential election, do you think that she could bring enough Democrats in with her to take back the House?

Icespear! My oh my! How you cling to the most ridiculous of notions, that Hillary is going to win, never mind in a landslide! You have been drinking too much of that kool-aid, if there's any landslide in which Hillary is involved, it will be when she loses by one, and it will be truly ironic when she loses to Jeb Bush. The rules you referred to were merely isolated aberration's and I wouldn't be looking for those Hillary inaugural tickets quite yet.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2015, 09:00:08 PM by Fubart Solman »

Here's a few of my own.

2016 Dem Primary:

I'd give Vermont to Sanders. He has a possibility of winning New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Washington, and Colorado.

Re Lincoln Chafee running as an independent:

I could definitely see it happening. He might beat Gary Johnson's 2012 performance, but that would put him at 1% nationwide (maybe 2-3% in RI).

And here are some others:

Presumably the NH primary.
This primary is going to be so painful for Bernie supporters.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:30:39 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2015, 09:32:59 PM by عبدالله الحظرد »

They're not going to cost her but the negative press does hurt her some points to undecided voters.

There's always the imprtoant distinction to make: Hillary is not inevitable because she is unbeatable. She is inevitable because nobody can beat her.

Disappointed in IceSpear.

I'll keep on saying it. Hillary can't lose this general election.

Seriously, who is this random Donald Trump guy, must be a gadfly.

On a more serious note, all 418 of these folks have a right to run.

But, in the end, only four have a greater than 2% chance of victory in my book: Hillary Clinton, Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, and President-elect Jeb Bush.

Hillary going to win?😅😂😂😂 that's Hillary-ious😅😅😅😂 wouldn't bet on it!!! Too much kool-aid or too many folks buy into this Hillary is gonna win narrative, just don't see it happening,  not if Jeb Bush emerges as the GOP nominee or if it's Marco Rubio,  these guys goes with a woman V.P. as the attack dog,  to go after Hillary without being tagged as sexist. (Eisenhower and Nixon in '52 or Nixon and Agnes in '68), the top of the ticket can take the high road without fear of being tagged as sexist, Carly Fiorina is ideal for this role, so a Bush - Fiorina ticket has as much chance as Hillary.

I declare with absolute certainty that Republicans will retain control of the Senate in 2016, regardless of who wins the White House. Anyone want to take that bet?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 03:02:08 PM »

Missouri is Lean Clinton. All you non-Missourians know nothing.

http://www.missourinet.com/2015/06/24/hillary-visits-missouri-a-state-slu-professor-says-she-can-win/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Absurd, or no? It doesn't seem like the state got more red, as much as, Obama didn't invest, and his voters didn't turn out.

McCain got 1.45m in 2008, Romney got 1.48m, just 30k more. Obama lost 200k voters in 2012.

Hillary could contest this state. You guys act like this is Pennsylvania or Michigan for Republicans. Tongue

Christ, so now I can add Vitter to potential Hillary coattail pickups?

McCain
Boozman
Rubio
Kirk
Coats
Grassley
Paul
Vitter
Blunt
Ayotte
Burr
Portman
Toomey
Johnson

+14 seats.  Think about it Anti-Hillary Dems:  A world where Republicans can't even filibuster constitutional amendments.

This thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=215280.0
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 12:01:18 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2015, 12:02:51 AM by TNvolunteer »

Hillary will win Arkansas. It's something about the Clintons themselves that Arkansas likes about them. I see her there in October 2016. KY and WV she may lose by single digits.

I told you that Missouri will be a swing state again. Missouri will decide this election.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 02:32:07 PM »

Clinton has gotten constant negative press for 3 months now, so this can't be assumed of course. This will by 100% certainty be the low point of Clinton's campaign.
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 01:24:24 AM »

Bill Clinton becomes the first, first husband (gentleman), and former president to become a spouse of a president. People will find it both interesting and funny that Hillary is now in charge, while Bill is in a spousal role as First husband. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 01:34:38 AM »

Bill Clinton becomes the first, first husband (gentleman), and former president to become a spouse of a president. People will find it both interesting and funny that Hillary is now in charge, while Bill is in a spousal role as First husband. 

Argentina's Bill Clinton was called First Gentleman.
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 01:37:04 AM »

Argentina's Bill Clinton was called First Gentleman.

The more you know, I'm happy I was right using "First Gentleman" even though I did write "husband" too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies