Is Netanyahu destroying a "special relationship" to win an election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:59:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Is Netanyahu destroying a "special relationship" to win an election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Netanyahu destroying a "special relationship" to win an election?  (Read 2973 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: February 28, 2015, 11:07:03 PM »
« edited: February 28, 2015, 11:09:28 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Hopefully

Israel is not an asset in destroying ISIS. They cannot be involved in any kind of coalition because they have such poor relations with their neighbors. Most of their intelligence is about Hamas and Hezbollah - neither of which are a threat to the United States and both of which oppose ISIS. By continuing to attention-whore and insist that there is no difference between Hamas and Hezbollah and ISIS, and trying to sabotage negotiations with a major country that acts as a counterweight to Sunni Arabs, Israel is acting as a liability in American strategic interests.

Exactly, having Israel go after ISIS would be the best thing that ever happened to ISIS. Having a Sunni Muslim country like Jordan go after ISIS hurts ISIS.

Plus, to be blunt, I am REALLY unsympathetic towards any complaints about protocol violations from a President who unilaterally declared the Senate in recess so he could make illegal appointments.

LOL, what.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 02:08:27 AM »

On the flip side, however, I go one step beyond merely disliking Islamism and will say, unapologetically, that I do not view mainstream Islam as compatible with secular, progressive Western values. I do not think one can be both a practicing Muslim and a good liberal, in the American sense of the word. If the attacks in France did not hammer that point home, I don't know what will. And I am getting tired of listening to people, including Barack Obama, serve as apologists for a religion that is so regressive.

It's worth noting that the most populous majority Islamic country is listed as free by Freedom House. However, it might be the only Islamic country in that category.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:22:35 AM »

And yet most "Democrats" in Congress seem to be planning on attending. Joke party.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 03:56:49 AM »

Other than blow up a ship, what has Israel done for America to warrant the term "special relationship"?

Be a democracy. Never mind that there are over a hundred other democracies in the world, some far less flawed, that don't merit the kind of attention that Israel gets.

We should send that aid instead to democracies that actually could use some help, like Ghana.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies