GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:31:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread  (Read 71302 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 20, 2017, 07:16:55 PM »

I'm almost more worried about SC-5 than GA-6 right now.

At this point it does seem like SC-05 is more likely to go Democrat than GA-06.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:54:20 PM »

The more I see the how these olds vote, the less I care about preserving Medicare.

Call me a bad person because of it - I already know.

My grandma needs medicare in order to treat her diabetes. Shes also a hardcore republican, sometimes I wonder....

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:02:16 PM »

This is one of the ads that Parnell ran. If loving this is wrong, then I don't want to be right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZsJjqDvSRw

10/10 ad right here.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 08:20:00 PM »

Democrats should not have nationalized the GA-06 special election like they did. It was all to make the point that "muh college educated Whites" are the Democrats of the future and that we can forget about appealing to the White working class. Yet, SC-05 will be at least as close, if not closer, than GA-06 and it is a largely rural district that is 66.7% White and 28.6% African American.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 08:22:20 PM »

About this whole 'chuck Pelosi to the curb' thing, you people do realise any other house leader would be just as demonised and hated by Republicans as Pelosi is?

Pelosi's unpopular pretty much nationwide. Why she's kept on as House leader for the Dems is beyond me.

She's a fairly good parliamentary leader and can organize and discipline her caucus incredibly well. That is what makes her popular among Democrats in Congress. Unfortunately, they completely ignore her unpopularity and the dangers of her symbolic association with the party across the country.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies