Dean failing to raise DNC funds (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:57:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dean failing to raise DNC funds (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dean failing to raise DNC funds  (Read 2647 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: June 02, 2005, 02:17:11 PM »

Actually, Dean has raised more money in an non-presidential election year than any DNC Chair in history.

First Quarter of 2005 - $16.7 million
Q1/2004 - $28.7 million
Q1/2003 - $8.7 million
Q1/2002 - $11.8

And Dean is on pace to break the midyear fundraising of $23.7 in the first six months of 2001.

Dean is doing just fine.  He WILL do better among union voters.  The problem is union voters think the Dems have abandoned them in favor of elite social liberalism enitrely.  Case and point- 1992 DNC Convention when Bob Casey Sr. was denied a slot, but 6 pro-choice REPUBLICAN women were given slots.  I feel this damaged the Democratic party in many ways.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 08:36:39 PM »

It doesn't matter if he broke the fundraising record, since those records are basically broken all over again each time around.  What matters i that the Dems had caught up to the Reps in fundraising and have now fallen far behind.

The difference between Dean and Mehlman as the two Party Chairs is a microchosm of why Republicans are winning and Democrats are losing.  An ideologue celebrity-pol elected with great fanfare and speculation who has no idea how to do his job or Mehlman, a professional politi-nerd whose election was barely noticed and hardly talked speculated about who rakes in the dough and knows how to run an organization.

The Republicans have the fat cats with tax cuts, and Kerry promising to raise taxes on those who made over $200k a year. You can thank Bush for all of that Democratic money raised last year, but he's not on the ballot again, so it'll be harder for the Democrats to fundraise. I don't think this is Dean's fault at all.

Going back to some Seante races...  Why can't Dean get the funds for some Senate races.  I mean we have shots in PA, RI, MO, and VA.  Is Liz Dole up in 2006 in NC?  If so, why not run John Edwards again?  The Democrats have to get better organized to plan to retake some seats.  Also, Dean says he is goign to focus on local races.  Well, that could also play big for some Congressional seats as well. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies