Independents: To which political party do you tend to lean toward? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:31:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Independents: To which political party do you tend to lean toward? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Independents: To which political party do you tend to lean toward?  (Read 4324 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: May 11, 2008, 03:43:10 PM »

I call myself an independent-thinking Republican, since I'm pretty moderate on social issues, and disagree with Republicans on energy policy. 

However, I am a registered Republican and probably always will be.

What about you?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 04:18:39 PM »

I call myself an independent-thinking Republican, since I'm pretty moderate on social issues, and disagree with Republicans on energy policy. 

However, I am a registered Republican and probably always will be.

What about you?

In a way, I am a Democratic version of you, in that I am an independent-thinking Democrat, so much so that many wonder why I remain in this party. 

I lean slightly conservative on social issues, am largely centrist on economics, center-left on the environment and energy independence, and agree with McCain at least with regard to our commitment to stay in Iraq until it has stabilized.

Yeah, huh?  Most Democrats were like you until the left wing of the party took over.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:25:29 PM »

LOL, what happened to the fellow interventionist, capitalist, and social moderate-conservatives such as myself?  I guess they aren't so common around here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies