Independents: To which political party do you tend to lean toward? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:16:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Independents: To which political party do you tend to lean toward? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Independents: To which political party do you tend to lean toward?  (Read 4323 times)
NDN
Uganda

« on: May 13, 2008, 02:41:33 AM »

I might be Democratic but it's for national identification not local. The RI Democrats are generally horrible with the exception of a few like Cicilline or Langevin. They're pretty much just union stooges and tax-and-spend bureaucrats.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:22:12 AM »

I definitely lean towards the Democrats on most social issues and I am in the middle on a lot of economic issues.

I'm pretty much you except I actually am a Democrat.  Before 2002 however, I was registered Independent and if PA weren't so close minded on primaries, I probably would be again.  To say I'm a Democrat (in some white areas during mayoral elections) I might as well put a bag over my head.  Pretty much Philly: Democrat=Black Panther Activists/Union Stooges and Thugs and Republicans have to moderate to be electable.
You sound a lot like me.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 07:19:06 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2008, 07:22:00 AM by General Loan »

I might be Democratic but it's for national identification not local. The RI Democrats are generally horrible with the exception of a few like Cicilline or Langevin. They're pretty much just union stooges and tax-and-spend bureaucrats.
How is that different from the rest of the Democrats?
Plenty, take a look at how people like Sebelius are manging their states. There are competent and moderate Dems, it's just that the worst stereotypes are mostly true here... With the exception of Cicilline who actually has cut crime and given businesses tax breaks without being a crook like Cianci was.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 11:21:55 PM »

So that no one thinks I'm in the wrong party:

Yes I think that there's some programs and regulations that should be cut. But I also think NAFTA needs fixing, we need universal healthcare, the bush tax cuts were stupid, we should support our small businesses more and global warming is real among other things. And with very few exceptions I'm pretty solidly socially liberal even if I'm generally too burnt out to vote on them like some people here.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:28:55 AM »

My views are basically the following:

Social: Leave most issues to the states.
Economic: Fiscal Responsibility & Small Business friendly policies.
Foreign Policy: Non-Interventionist.

Note I'd consider the second to include a reasonable tax code and some services like Universal Healthcare.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies