Do 49% of Republicans really support same-sex marriage? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:52:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do 49% of Republicans really support same-sex marriage? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do 49% of Republicans really support same-sex marriage?  (Read 2104 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: February 18, 2021, 07:46:25 AM »

2012 is the year it felt like same-sex marriage had majority support in the country, and 2015 is when it was legalized everywhere. After so many years it can be hard to hold out opposition on this issue.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 08:38:45 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2021, 08:42:00 AM by Brittain33 »

As a middle-aged gay married man, I truly cherish that I can ignore some people’s sad feels about my marriage and the arguments they want to engage in about my life. After decades of dealing with it and other related bigotry when they had the upper hand, I love every minute of tuning it out. People with their strong opinions messed up my high school years and my relationship with my parents who couldn’t deal with a gay son and I’m over it. You all have to find other, more constructive hobbies and issues to fight on. It’s a win win.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 11:03:57 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2021, 11:11:08 AM by Brittain33 »

As a middle-aged gay married man, I truly cherish that I can ignore some people’s sad feels about my marriage and the arguments they want to engage in about my life. After decades of dealing with it and other related bigotry when they had the upper hand, I love every minute of tuning it out. People with their strong opinions messed up my high school years and my relationship with my parents who couldn’t deal with a gay son and I’m over it. You all have to find other, more constructive hobbies and issues to fight on. It’s a win win.

I don't think you understand some of the "sad feels" about the issue.

(snip post I'm not going to read.)

Whether or not that's true, you should derive from my post that I. don't. care. I derive great pleasure in not having to care about these views after being smacked around by them from age 12 into my 30s. I get that a large minority of Americans has very strong feelings about my life and wants government to do things about it, and feels they're being selfless and virtuous good people in doing so. I am incredibly grateful to whatever divinity has caused them to fall into a shrinking minority no longer capable of Inksing up my life and those of others. I'm not watching your soap opera any more and you'll notice most other people under 50 are done with it, too, and that's why almost no one engaged with the original comment. America has moved on and it is a much better place for more people as a result.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies