Counties Obama can flip from red to blue (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:08:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Counties Obama can flip from red to blue (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Counties Obama can flip from red to blue  (Read 2917 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: April 18, 2012, 10:46:59 PM »

If Obama wins California by the margins the polls have been showing, Orange is a good possibility.

How about Richmond (Staten Island) New York? Killing Bin Laden should reverse any remaining 9/11 effect there.  Upstate there are some very narrow McCain counties, particularly Ontario.

Not going to happen (either Orange or Richmond).  Staten Island (Richmond) is one of the last places I'd expect to trend to Obama.  It is historically Republican and full of Archie Bunker types that simply don't like Obama.  

OC should trend more Republican than 2008 as the Torie Republicans return home.  I also would be surprised to see Sarasota County, Florida flip for similar reasons.

Gore won Richmond NY by 7 points so it would be much less shocking from a historical perspective than Orange CA, which I believe last went Democratic in 1936.

Orange CA is down to 44% non-Hispanic white. Obviously many of the other 56% can't vote, but  with that trend it will go Democrat sooner or later.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:00:35 AM »

If you want to count them, I bet some Alaska House districts flip.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies