If bush knew (Republicans only)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:46:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  If bush knew (Republicans only)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If bush knew (Republicans only)  (Read 1513 times)
TexArcana
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2004, 01:21:25 AM »

If you came across convincing evidence that George W. Bush knew about 9-11 in advance (with enough specificity to have prevented it) but he did nothing so that he could use the public's anger for political advantage, how would it affect your vote?
MarkDel

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 01:34:42 AM »

Assuming the evidence was NOT subject to opinion or debate, and was 100% verified to my factual satisfaction, then I would have to change my vote. I am planning on voting for Bush, and this scenario you created is one of the few that would get me to change my mind. I still would not vote for Kerry even under these circumstances, but would find a suitable third party candidate who I felt was willing to actually defend this nation rather than talk about defending the way the Democrats do.

My inclination would be to vote Libertarian in this situation, but the Libertarian Party has unfortunately strayed into "isolationist, utopian pacifism" so I could not vote for them even though I agree with them on most social and economic issues. If you have no country to live in, these social and economic issues mean NOTHING...dead men don't have to worry about their civil liberties...and Democrats and Libertarians are unwilling to defend this nation...
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 04:46:42 PM »

I wasn't going to vote for W anyway, but if the scenario you presented were true, he would be subject to impeachment, possibly for treason. But, I don't think there is any evidence whatsoever for it.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 04:55:48 PM »

FDR knew about Pearl Harbor in advance. Lincoln initiated Fort Sumter intentionally. They were called heroes.

Bush didn't know about 9/11, and insinuating it is both stupid and tired. Too bad FDR wasn't judged by this same principle.
TexArcana
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 05:33:18 PM »

I wasn't going to vote for W anyway, but if the scenario you presented were true, he would be subject to impeachment, possibly for treason. But, I don't think there is any evidence whatsoever for it.

Ahem, it says Republicans only....
MarkDel

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 05:39:09 PM »

TexArcana,

Not sure about your politics or what you will be like as a poster since you are so new, but...

Your signature quote is AWESOME. Right on target.
TexArcana
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 06:06:21 PM »

TexArcana,

Not sure about your politics or what you will be like as a poster since you are so new, but...

Your signature quote is AWESOME. Right on target.

Thanks MarkDel.  I really like Sobran.  My wife pointed it out to me, and I knew I had to use it as my .sig here.

As for my politics, I am a 100% true yellow (Badnarik color on this site) Libertarian.  I am as fiscally conservative as the staunchest Republican (which is why Bush's out-of-control spending prevents me from voting for him) and I am as socially Liberal as the staunchest Democrat (which is why John Kerry's call for a new draft or other national service plan prevents me from voting for him)
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 06:21:34 PM »

My fellow Libertarian-Sorry about that but as you know Libertarians tend to be a bit rebellious so I answered it anyway. May I ask why a Libertarian would post a poll for Republicans only?
TexArcana
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 06:38:46 PM »

My fellow Libertarian-Sorry about that but as you know Libertarians tend to be a bit rebellious so I answered it anyway. May I ask why a Libertarian would post a poll for Republicans only?

No problem.  I should have put a smiley on my post.  I'm not really mad.

I posted a poll for Republicans only because I wanted to see how many of them were so enamoured of the Pres that they would vote for him even if he was shown to be a traitor.

My poll indicates (to me) that most of the Republicans here are open minded and fair.  That's good.  That means I can engage in reasoned discourse with most of them.

Only a couple of close-minded Republicans (would not believe it no matter what the evidence) and one never say die type who would still vote for Bush.  No psychos (wasn't going to vote for him before but now I would) either.  

All in all it looks like a good place to talk.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies