Official Home States? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:52:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Official Home States? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Home States?  (Read 4088 times)
ijohn57s

« on: August 09, 2004, 08:06:54 PM »

I've made a little booklet which contains the candidates, their homestates, and their electoral vote totals for each election. Needless to say I want this reference to be as accurate as possible, but determining the home state of various candidates oftern proves very difficult.

Nixon and Eisenhower are the most famous examples. This site and NARA have Nixon's homestate as New York for both 1968 and 1972 but I see many other sources which list California as his home state for either one election or both. Eisenhower is also listed as a New Yorker for both elections in this sites election results and NARA, but on this website (and in another source) under the list of presidents in election info it states his homestate for '56 was Pennsylvania. Upon further examination I have discovered two further questions as to official homestate. Curtis LeMay is listed on this website (and NARA) as being from California, but EVERY OTHER source I've ever seen lists him as from Ohio. George McClellan is listed on this website as from New York (like most other sources), but on NARA and one other source he is listed as from New Jersey.

Can anyone help?

PBrunsel could probably help you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies