Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:03:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread (search mode)
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 915805 times)
Junior Chimp

« on: February 24, 2022, 12:26:12 PM »

BLAME FORMER PRESIDENT OBAMA FOR THIS! Romney warned about it, he wasn't heard and laughed off.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 12:40:51 PM »

BLAME FORMER PRESIDENT OBAMA FOR THIS! Romney warned about it, he wasn't heard and laughed off.

I disagree.  I was for Romney in 2012 and still back Romney over Obama in a rematch.  But Russia is not a threat to the USA, Russia is a threat to its neighbors.  The debate  was over who was a threat to USA.
I disagree with you! Even former Obama NSA James Clapper acknowledged & regretted the Obama Administration not being tough enough on Putin when he annexed Crimea in 2014.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 12:44:42 PM »

FOX NEWS Bill Hemmer mentioned Russian Forces being far supririor at Night compared to the Ukrainian Army, questiones how long Zelensky can stand up to this Invasion. Expect some more moves tonight as it is now dark in Europe.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 01:26:33 PM »

KYIV will fall within 7 Days I predict! Ukrainian Army might hold them back when it is Daylight but not at Night. Zelensky should flee while he can.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 11:09:05 PM »

Kinda uncomfortable with how consistently good Rubio has been about this whole situation.
Rubio needs to be POTUS. He knows this stuff!

Democratic Presidents have been weak on Foreign Policy and tracking Dictators like Putin.

Take Bill Clinton for example: He had at least five times the Chance taking out Bin Laden before he launched that deadly 9/11 attack but didn't during his Presidency.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 11:11:52 PM »

I still think Bidens weak Afghanistan withdrawal emboldened Putin to launch this War.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 11:53:13 PM »

There is IMO only one location where Putin could launch cruise missiles and ballistic missiles and that is from the Russian War Ships in the Black Sea.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2022, 01:58:36 PM »

Putin doesn't want NATO Troops so close to his border, views it as Security Threat!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2022, 02:14:49 PM »

I expect some heavy Russian Artillery Fire tonight and throughout the entire Night unfortunately.

Putin has modernized his Black Sea Fleet and most of the Cruise Missiles, Balistic Missiles coming from the Destroyers & Submarines in the Black Sea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_Fleet

Russia doesn't have the sophisticated ability like the USA to launch them from land.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2022, 02:22:05 PM »

Russian Military Forces have destroyed a Thermal Power Plant in Kyiv. The Ukrainian Capital maybe partially in complete darkness tonight! That is bad news!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 02:23:23 PM »

Putin doesn't want NATO Troops so close to his border, views it as Security Threat!

And I don't want to read your inane posts, but, that's life, you don't always get what you want.
I am not insane. I actually support Ukraine in this!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2022, 03:54:45 PM »

Russia is repositioning Intercontential Ballistic Missiles near Moscow
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2022, 04:02:58 PM »

No matter how the Biden Administration spins this their Sanctions do not seem to work otherwise Putin would have stopped the assault.

Ukrainians do not have a month for these to work!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2022, 07:30:19 PM »

Shockingly according to a new Poll Voters think Putin would not have invaded Ukraine if Trump was President
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2022, 10:59:20 AM »

Seems like Russian gains all around today. I suppose the Brest contingency might move south to threaten Lvov
If Russia can connect their forces in the East with the South it will look dire!

I very much admire President Zelenskyys Resistance BUT there is something like false heroism.

This War I feel will not have a better outcome like the 2008 War in Georgia. It maybe delayed but inevitably Ukrainian Forces will be pushed further and further back.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2022, 11:01:14 AM »

This is false! Montreux Protocol prohibits it!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2022, 11:09:46 AM »

Agree. You cannot overstate the morale boost he is providing.

I commend Zelensky's personal courage. He may have done a poor job preparing his nation for war, but there's no doubt he is now raising the morale of his nation and boosting their will to fight. Looks like it was enough for the Ukrainians to hold Kiev for now, but he is still under threat and if he were captured it would crush Ukrainian morale. He either has a highly secret (and likely highly dangerous) plan to evacuate when he is under imminent threat, or it is his intention to become a martyr. Nothing of the former has leaked so I think the latter is a real possibility.
Agree with you here totally!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2022, 11:15:01 AM »

This is false! Montreux Protocol prohibits it!

Article 19 gives Turkey that power, as it forbids countries at war from using it.
It also says Ships must be allowed to their Home Bases!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2022, 12:00:12 PM »

Yulia Tymoshenko, Yury Luzenko and other deputies of the Verkhovna Rada are armed as well.

They must be giants!
I feel there are other Methods by Putin to capture those if he wants sadly like with undercover KGB Agents.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2022, 12:23:42 PM »

Russian Ministry of Defense issue dire warning: According to their Intelligence Ukrainian Nationalists installing artillery units in all the Major Cities in the Ukraine.

Feels like we will see Phase Two starting tonight with heavy ballistic & cruise missile bombardement if this is true!

Some of the Ukrainian People may have a false sense of heroism. We could have Major Casualties among Civilians in the next 72 Hours or so.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2022, 12:33:05 PM »

By the time Biden makes up his mind about SWIFT, Russia and China will have a viable alternative up and running. War requires decisive action-- something he is notoriously poor at.
But I thought America was back...
I still feel this Invasion would have never happened under Trump. Remember how Trump threatened Kim of North Korea in 2017. Trump also said he would bomb the hell out of the Kreml if Putin dared to invade Ukraine. I absolutely believe Trump in this!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2022, 01:02:02 PM »

On a serious note: I think one of the Main Reasons Negotiations hasn't started is party on Zelensky himself. Asking openly about EU Membership and these sorts of things on Social Media for everyone to see ain't helping him & his people!

Even if you are the President of a Country you'll need to be a little bit more smart than this!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2022, 01:04:34 PM »

Not 100% verified but being shared around, I know at least some is true, and I’m sure all or most of it is:

For those who ask: “Why does Ukraine matter? “

It is the second largest country by area in Europe by area and has a population
of over 40 million - more than Poland.

Ukraine ranks:
1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)

Ukraine is an important agricultural country:

1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume);
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports;
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;
5th largest rye producer in the world;
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);
8th place in the world in wheat exports;
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;
16th place in the world in cheese exports.

Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.

Ukraine is an important industrialised country:

1st in Europe in ammonia production;
Europe's 2nd’s and the world’s 4th largest natural gas pipeline system;
3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;
3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km);
3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment;
3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world;
4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers;
4th place in the world in clay exports
4th place in the world in titanium exports
8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates;
9th place in the world in exports of defence industry products;
10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons).

Ukraine matters. That is why its independence is important to the rest of the world.
Zelensky doesn't want Independence!!! He wants EU & possible NATO Membership which will make the Russians even more determined!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2022, 01:36:05 PM »

Zelensky doesn't want Independence!!! He wants EU & possible NATO Membership which will make the Russians even more determined!

Please stop with this nonsense takes. Joining EU and eventually NATO is independence for Ukraine. The majority of their people want so, and the percentage significantly increased over recent years. Mr. Putin himself was working overtime to push them closer to the West with his hostile actions. The sole reason he's so opposed to Ukraine going its own way is fear. With Ukraine as democratic and free nation as neighbor to Russia, Putin sees this as direct threat to his regime. He doesn't want his people to demand the same. It's not that hard to see through it.
All what I am saying is this: There will never be fully peace in the Ukraine. Ukraine will be a War Country IMO like Israel is!
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2022, 03:12:46 PM »

Russian Forces have taken the Airport of Berdiansk. Berdiansk lies in between Malitopol and Maruipol!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berdiansk_Airport
Very important Airfield in the South! Heavy armoured Russian Vehicles spotted on the Airport!
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies