Senate Discussion and Noticeboard (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:51:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Discussion and Noticeboard (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Discussion and Noticeboard  (Read 19523 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 02, 2010, 10:27:27 AM »

The PPT-ship changed hands three times in the last session.  My bill would ensure the continuity of the leadership of the Senate (unless, of course, the Vice-President actually resigns or ascends to the Presidency, both of which are highly unlikely occurrences).
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:58:38 AM »

If this had been in effect last session, Senate leadership would have continued uninterrupted when Marokai Blue becames a Justice and when Franzl became SoFA.  As it was, Bacon King had to step in and temporarily take over while an election for PPT was conducted.  It is slightly disruptive to Senate business to have these situations continually occuring.

As for inactive VP's, I have two responses.  First, VP's probably are inactive because they do what is expected of them (i.e., nothing).  A candidate for VP knowing this was part of the job from the get-go would step up to the plate.  Second, if the VP really is inactive, then we already have a problem when the PPT-ship becomes vacant.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 04:55:43 PM »

If th Vice-President cannot lead the Senate, then he is unfit for the office of VP, even under current law.  What would have happened if Meeker had been the VP in this last session?

Under my bill, candidates for VP will have to campaign regarding why they would be a good Senate leader.  Those with no inclination to lead the Senate would not seek the job.  It is silly to oppose this based on VP's past.

This is about efficiency.  MJ, if you're going to make it your mission in life to oppose everything Fritz ever proposes, thats your prerogative I guess.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 10:08:04 AM »

Proposal to save space at the top of this forum:

This thread be moved to the government forum.

"This thread" already exists in the Government fourm, serving exactly the same purpose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies