Atlas Football League 2009
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 04:34:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas Football League 2009
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12
Author Topic: Atlas Football League 2009  (Read 20194 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2009, 05:49:57 PM »

I should have not a problem getting in due the very fact Cincinnati is playing Dtw this week.  I think unless Carson Palmer hands it off a lot to Cedric Benson, that in itself should give me the victory.

I want a 3 seed so I don't have to play the hardest game until the Conference Finals.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #251 on: December 06, 2009, 07:30:24 PM »

Congrats to Miami, the second team to secure a playoff spot - will probably secure the second spot and a bye barring a miracle by Smash or Omaha.

Barring a different miracle by Austin, Omaha, Smash, New City and Iron Man will be the other players (not necessarily in that order). 

Only other team with a shot is Jersey or Greensboro and Greensboro is gone unless I don't get 8.51 points tonight and tomorrow from three players including QB.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2009, 07:45:43 PM »

YES. Thank you Phillip Rivers. Thank you Vernon Davis. Thank you Brandon Marshall. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

2nd seed, despite my stupid decision to play Larry Johnson.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »

2nd seed, despite my stupid decision to play Larry Johnson.

Didn't know you had better RB options...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #254 on: December 06, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »

Well, this is great. Smiley I might move up to the 4th seed if things go well. Barring something crazy, I should make it.
Thank you, Tony Romo. You owed me.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2009, 01:01:53 AM »

Up by a little under 10 heading into tomorrow night opponent has Crosby.  If I hold on I will likely have the 3rd seed and will face off against iron man who has the 6th seed.  I could drop to 4th with a victory but the Omaha Hooker Stampede would need a huge comeback against the Jersey Devils, as they trail by a little over 17 with 1 player left on each team (Stampede has Driver, Devils have Ray Rice.

If Green Bay is field goal happy tomorrow and I lose I will drop to the 5th seed and face off against the New City Chaints. The Houston Pollution won the division and them along with the Miami Lice have first week byes.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2009, 11:27:49 AM »

Waisted an opportunity to move up.  Minnesota, Carney, and Dallas Clark let me down.  Well at least I got in. Better luck next week. 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2009, 01:40:50 PM »

uugggggghhhhh
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »

Wow, I just realized I scored the most points this week! Smiley
Watch out world, here I come...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2009, 11:19:58 AM »

Tough game for me next week against Minnesota.  Defense of Minnesota was devistated by the injury.  Minnesota down but not out. Hopefully, it will be decided by field goals not by a touchdown.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2009, 12:25:27 AM »

I'm down 23.53 heading into tomorrow night, but have Warner & Fitzgerald both going while my opponent iron Man has no one left.  If I started Manning over Warner, would have been down by less than 1 point with Fitzgerald left, and it would have pretty much been in the bag.   With that being said, Warner & Fitzgerald should be able to combine for more than 23 points tomorrow.

New City Chaints have opened up more than a 46 point lead over the Omaha Stampede.  The Stampede have Smith & Gore left while the Chaints have Boldin left,
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2009, 01:15:12 AM »

My best fantasy day ever. And it didn't even matter.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2009, 11:43:13 AM »
« Edited: December 14, 2009, 12:09:44 PM by WEB Dubois »

I am not so worried despite the loss. The loser will get the consilation game slated for next week.

Pending the outcome of the game, my team was depleted with a mediocre quarterback in Carson Palmer, despite have all star receivers and running back.

My only chance in this game is for Hightower to score points instead of the receivers to do the scoring. Which is still a possibility.

I thought since the Jets didn't have mark sanchez they were going to struggle and I thought stover would have a better game. Well better luck nexrt time.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2009, 10:04:20 PM »

I am not so worried despite the loss. The loser will get the consilation game slated for next week.

Pending the outcome of the game, my team was depleted with a mediocre quarterback in Carson Palmer, despite have all star receivers and running back.

My only chance in this game is for Hightower to score points instead of the receivers to do the scoring. Which is still a possibility.

I thought since the Jets didn't have mark sanchez they were going to struggle and I thought stover would have a better game. Well better luck nexrt time.

Well Warner is doing AWFUL, and it looks like I should have started Eli
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2009, 10:52:16 PM »

Happy that the bad fantasy day happened this week, not next.  Smiley
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2009, 11:26:13 PM »

This is turning into deja vu.  I start Manning, Warner has the better week, I start Warner, Manning has the better week.  With the exception of the week Warner missed, I think this is like the 5th week in a row in which the QB I had on the bench put up better #'s. 

Well I need Warner to throw two TD's to Fitzgerald in the last 10 mins
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2009, 02:16:50 AM »

I would like to send a big Fuck You out to Kurt Warner
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2009, 11:48:43 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2009, 12:46:00 PM by WEB Dubois »

No matter who it is in a given week, someone on my team usually scores in double digits.  Whether its either Joseph Addai or Dallas Clark.

Last week I was defeated only because Matt Mashers had played a very competetive game, and who would of thought Calvin Johnson would have scored those 12 points.

I am not willing to say I am going to take it, but I am going to stay competetive week to week.

I hope all the starters play until week 17 so that I can get the maximum amount of points possible for my quest.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #268 on: December 20, 2009, 09:42:49 PM »

Some questioned my pick of Aaron Rodgers with the first selection in the 2nd round.

Considering the importance of the QB in this league, I wonder how many still question...  Smiley
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #269 on: December 21, 2009, 05:57:32 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2009, 08:35:19 AM by WEB Dubois »

It appeared that I was indeed the victim of the Colts resting their starters. It appeared that they weren't going to do it by what they were saying to the media but they were in fact doing it by resting Joseph Addai.

The problem came in for me this season was not drafting a good quarterback and bad field goal kicking.  Every time I substituted a kicker the other one had a better week.

The Colts are indeed a pro-bowl caliber team but that has to translate into the playoffs.

Well, at least I made it further than most people despite having a Jay Cutler type of Quarterback in Carson Palmer.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #270 on: December 27, 2009, 01:50:58 PM »

bumping this up - championship week.  Looks like a good matchup so far.

Miami getting massacred right now, but remember that the Texans have given up leads in the past.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #271 on: December 27, 2009, 02:12:26 PM »

This should be interesting. I got good production from Rivers and Johnson on Christmas Day. Maroney's been a flop today, so far. And, boy, am I happy I didn't play the Miami defense.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #272 on: December 27, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »

This should be interesting. I got good production from Rivers and Johnson on Christmas Day. Maroney's been a flop today, so far. And, boy, am I happy I didn't play the Miami defense.

Not watching the game, but almost certain that Maroney got benched after his goal line fumble in favor of Sammy Morris.  That's the way NE operates.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #273 on: December 27, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »

Not watching the game, but almost certain that Maroney got benched after his goal line fumble in favor of Sammy Morris.  That's the way NE operates.
That's what I figured. What a way to lose points that is.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #274 on: December 27, 2009, 05:29:52 PM »

Not watching the game, but almost certain that Maroney got benched after his goal line fumble in favor of Sammy Morris.  That's the way NE operates.
That's what I figured. What a way to lose points that is.

Well, basically everyone who I didn't start this week had their best day of the season (for the most part).  Really surprised I'm still in this one as of now.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies